The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Ima keep my B/red collection even when Im over shoes. Leads on '85 KOs let me know y'all

It's odd even tho remastered 1s are "far off" from 85 with the "slumped" spine as opposed to 85s straight ankle, the 85 "cartoon swoosh" to the smaller remastered, wings logo size and placement etc... Despite all that I loooove the remastered 1s but the newest KOs look nothing like 1985, original KO's are absolutely stunning on shape

Need em! 2 pairs at least dgaf about tumbled, the shade of red, shape, whatever issue people have wit has these kicks idc. The less people like em the more easily I'll be able to cop. Sending my denim to railcar next week to get that sweet taper and hem job so my jeans can stack on top of these and all my 1s nicely.

It's odd even tho remastered 1s are "far off" from 85 with the "slumped" spine as opposed to 85s straight ankle, the 85 "cartoon swoosh" to the smaller remastered, wings logo size and placement etc... Despite all that I loooove the remastered 1s but the newest KOs look nothing like 1985, original KO's are absolutely stunning on shape
Yeah i do hate that angled collar look. 85s will always be the best. First one off then broke the mold.

What exactly do you guys tell your tailor when you ask to taper the opening? Levi's recently came out with a new design, I think they're 512s that have a tapered leg as well, fits pretty nice.

Nah Ima keep my B/red collection even when Im over shoes. Leads on '85 KOs let me know y'all
I am pretty much with you on that though I want to be there the day you get over shoes...i don't think its happening. lol! Back to these. Are you feeling a little more interested/excited by the new pics or nah. I still can't get over the color and the tumble leather. People excited...I can't muster nothing. 

What exactly do you guys tell your tailor when you ask to taper the opening? Levi's recently came out with a new design, I think they're 512s that have a tapered leg as well, fits pretty nice.

You basically bring along with you you're best tapered jeans and tell them you want them exactly like those. If you don't have any then they may tell you to try em on and demonstrate how tapered you want em or ask how many inches you want the leg opening. I usually do between a 4 3/4in-5 1/4in leg opening at the bottom seam. Works for me. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Are these gone be produced like the metallic navys & the yi yang's ?? If so we should all be able to get a pair because my HOH still got alot of jordan 1 high OGs sitting including the david Lettermans even tho these are a OG color way but alot of things been mass produced too

What's the consensus between these or 2001s?

Not a fan of the tumbled leather at all, but the soles on my 01s have gone soft now :\

pretty sure you're the one who told me to sell mine :rofl: and then FC denied my offer but honestly glad I didn't sell my pair looking back at it. 1s and 3s will never leave my collection no matter how many I have in total

:lol: that was me. But man idk if the money was in my face I'd be tempted. But ima hold onto em.

You basically bring along with you you're best tapered jeans and tell them you want them exactly like those. If you don't have any then they may tell you to try em on and demonstrate how tapered you want em or ask how many inches you want the leg opening. I usually do between a 4 3/4in-5 1/4in leg opening at the bottom seam. Works for me. Hope this helps.

I wish my legs were thin enough for that kind of taper [emoji]128530[/emoji] im looking at 7"-7.25" taper minimum with a 28" inseam hem. Short muscular leg squad.

I go in and ask for a leg taper from the knee down. I specify my leg opening, which I like at 6". The tailor then pins your jeans from the knee (or higher) down to the leg opening while you have them tried on so that the taper fits your calves. I've gone in numerous times, I think 6"-6.5" is a nice, safe taper these days. For reference, I'm 5'7/155lb, 31x30 pants. According to the product description on the 512's, the leg opening is 6.375" for a size 32 which is actually really good off the rack. The 508's, 522's, and 511's are all much wider, ranging from 6.5-7" at the bottom (from my experience).

I'll never forget how I got my 2013 pair. I was at a sneakershop in LA and started choppin it up with a mailman that came in. He told me he was able to grab 3 pairs of Banned 1s w/ his family at the outlet and is looking to trade one for a pair of concord xis. I met up with him same day and made the trade. Still have the 1's DS right now lol. Don't think I can get rid of this shoe..

Last edited:
Hopefully with all the issues about the tumbled leather, color, swoosh, etc makes it that much more easier to get :smokin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom