The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't purchased any shoes since the WC4s, SO IN for these.... My 01s are falling apart, IM BACK :smokin

SBBs are different though. SBBs are an absolute classic and I think breds, will get retroed again before they even touch the SBBs.
I agree. I'm keeping my SBB's on ice because I really doubt they'll ever release again. Plus I only have one pair lol. In a few years I don't think there will be many DS pairs out there and they'll have premium value.

I agree. I'm keeping my SBB's on ice because I really doubt they'll ever release again. Plus I only have one pair lol. In a few years I don't think there will be many DS pairs out there and they'll have premium value.
How can it be a classic if it was only released one time? That defeats the purpose of something being classic.

Last edited:
So, what about the UNC's and Navy Metallic 1's before they were re-released recently? They never re-released, until most recently, and they were classics.

Yes, I know they were OG's, but I'm going based off what you said about being released one time.

The SBB's can be considered classics if someone wants them to be.

Last edited:
A word of warning to you all: if OP doesn't like your comments he will snitch to the mods. Happened to me already.

So, what about the UNC's and Navy Metallic 1's before they were re-released recently? They never re-released, until most recently, and they were classics.

Yes, I know they are OG's.

They were still versions of them throughout the years. There was a patent leather version and mid top of the White and Dark Powder Blue 1s (University Blue for the mid top). The White and Midnight Navy 1s are an outlier, though most of the older generation know of them or owned a pair like yourself.

Is there something I missed in the last couple days? Didn't see a post from Jordan brand saying teir 0 limited so I don't get it. Didn't see a post saying buy 31s to get bred 1s either so... Everyone should cool out. I guess since the price on these isn't 220 everyone is ready to slit their wrist. If I can't get them retail I'll move on. Had 01s didn't get breds from the pack, straps, banneds, or 2013 and survived. I must be the only dude that remembers the breds from the pack and the straps were so easily attainable for years until the last hype surge. That willingness ppl have to drop 500 is a little funny to me.

Atmos Elephant Air Max 1s aren't classics

No Nike SBs are classics.

None of the Japan Additions are classics

They've only been released once

-Airsac
My definition of a classic is something that is recognized and is prevalent for years to come. For example, the White, Black, and Red 1s and Black and Red 1s (Varsity Red on retros) they are a classic and have been seen throughout the years, people who are not into sneakers know what they are. For music 2Pac All Eyez On Me and Nas Illmatic, still two of the best rap albums of all time. Some people still listen to them and people that don't know rap know what they are.

Yes, I know they were OG's, but I'm going based off what you said about being released one time.

I love Caros and own navy metallics. SBBs are cool but if they didn't have premium quality would they
Still get this type of love?

I love Caros and own navy metallics. SBBs are cool but if they didn't have premium quality would they
That varies from person-to-person.

They are still the same shoe/model and have the same colorway (technically).
Anyone who's owned the mids and highs can tell you that they are definitely not the same (technically).

Last edited:
They are still the same shoe/model and have the same colorway (technically).
Nah man it's a different shoe that's like arguing about the 2011 metallics and their short comings and the remastered pair in all their glory. It's filler till you get the real thing. The patent Caros are hot but their not the leather pair like bred ajkos and Bred 1s

Last edited:
I think we've derailed the thread enough about SBB's, classic, etc talk.

Time to get back on topic and/or take this current discussion to the Official 1 thread :wink:

30 more days fams [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Last edited:
No they wouldn't. Same deal with the banned 1s. If they didn't have nice pleather and weren't released in limitied quanities, they wouldn't be praised the way they are. The shoe hardly favors the 85 model.

Last edited:
Nah man it's a different shoe that's like arguing about the 2011 metallics and their short comings and the remastered pair in all their glory. It's filler till you get the real thing. The patent Caros are hot but their not the leather pair like bred ajkos and Bred 1s
Anyone who's owned the mids and highs can tell you that they are definitely not the same (technically).
True but what I was saying originally is that the White and Dark Powder Blue(current retro) (UNC) 1s were released in some form or fashion. Whether it was a mid top or a patent leather version it was still the Air Jordan 1 and the colorway.

Last edited:

-Airsac

Well actually I'm not an SB dude but certain pairs would be considered classics. Dela high uncles and Tiffany's, 2 out of the 3 retro'd (not in their true form but still)

Last edited:

You Are dif right. But man I saw a pair of new loves the other day and they looked like trash. I remember stores seperating the pack and pricing those way higher than black toes and ppl ate them up. Now I doubt they would move in an outlet without a premium leather treatment

Last edited:

-Airsac

Well actually I'm not an SB dude but certain pairs would be considered classics. Dela high uncles and Tiffany's, 2 out of the 3 retro'd (not in their true form but still)

They've only been truly retro'ed. How could they possible be a classic?

sarcasm

sarcasm
All I'm saying is take that to the Sb forum and they will drop that list and more. Maroons are classics and retro'd once. Laney 14s are a classic to a lot of ny collectors with 1 retro. Pretty much a classic is a shoe with a following. I don't like Yeezy lows and aren't classic but a gang of dudes will try to say otherwise. Be we are all dropping our opinions at the end of the day

Last edited:

sarcasm
All I'm saying is take that to the Sb forum and they will drop that list and more. Maroons are classics and retro'd once. Laney 14s are a classic to a lot of ny collectors with 1 retro. Pretty much a classic is a shoe with a following. I don't like nmds or Yeezy lows but a gang of dudes will try to say otherwise. Be we are all dropping our opinions at the end of the day

I know man. I was making a point based off what Sac said.

All the shoes I named are largely considered classics by the majority of the sneaker community but in OP's opinion they lack the qualifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom