THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

And I mean. As far as Dak. He’s proven that things have to be clicking all around him to maximize his potential....that isn’t unique to him and imo ain’t nothing wrong with that, most QBs are like that...

The elite ones are the anomalies that lift their supporting cast no matter how mediocre...those guys are rare.

Dak still has time to grow no doubt...and we’ve seen superb QB play from him (last year) so I ain’t counting him out yet....I’ll be lying if I said he’s improved much this year...and more than anything from a young QB you just wanna see the arrow going the right way. You wanna assure he’s still growing thru all the bad play...

I really really hope we lose out so we can get rid of Garrett.
This whole regime HAS to go if we're ever going to be successful.

I see what dudes like Sean Mcvay did and I can’t help but think there’s a OC out there somewhere that’ll take this offense to the next level...there’s so much potential imo to be creative offensively that we rarely capitalize on...

I love the predictable bully ball we’ve had since Zach Martin came...but if teams are adjusting, let’s get creative...make them pay for loading that box...draws and screens are minimal, deep PA passes don’t exist...I see shanahan last year and mcvay this year totally transform offenses and I can’t help but think “damn, we need that in Dallas”

The meme aside this is really the best way to describe Dak

BEFD57D3-0E03-4A9E-B21F-21FD77B1A7E9.jpeg

He’ll never be a guy that can carry a team or turn nobody’s into somebody’s

Romo got players like Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin, Kevin Ogletree, Laurent Robinson & Cole Beasley PAID

It's too early to say that... dude is still young and is the reigning ROY...
I hope you’re right and I’m pulling for him but that ROY award last year was a scam

Zeke was the winner and Dak only won because he plays QB

He’s just an example of someone coming into the perfect situation with everything with everything around him being the way it needed to be

Would’ve been hard for him to fail with that team last year and I never thought he deserved all the crazy praise considering the team that was around him picking up his slack

His ceiling is peak Alex Smith

I hope you’re right and I’m pulling for him but that ROY award last year was a scam

Zeke was the winner and Dak only won because he plays QB

He’s just an example of someone coming into the perfect situation with everything with everything around him being the way it needed to be

Would’ve been hard for him to fail with that team last year and I never thought he deserved all the crazy praise considering the team that was around him picking up his slack

His ceiling is peak Alex Smith

my friend calls him the lightskin Jeff Garcia lol

give him a new coaching staff that maximizes his potential and more speed guys on the outside, zeke back and he'll be fine

too early to jump to conclusions everyone was calling him elite before the losing streak

I hate how inaccurate Dak is. He misses a lot of opportunities for big plays.. especially with Dez. But.. you gotta give Jason Garrett credit.. He took Dak and put him in a position to win and hide his flaws last season. But you gotta remember.. this team is built for Romo.. Garrett and coaching staff made the adjustments to help Dak.. but now that Zeke is gone.. It exposes his innaccuracy. I went to two games this season (vs NYG and @Ariz) and it was disheartening to see plenty of easy throws to Dez for scores in the end zone that he just completely over threw. Hopefully he works on his mechanics this offseason.

Dak's talent is questionable but his heart and leadership is not ...hopefully the talent catches up to the other two sooner rather than later.

Dak's talent is questionable but his heart and leadership is not ...hopefully the talent catches up to the other two sooner rather than later.
Dak definitely hasn’t shown any signs of leadership

Anytime he ducks up he always on the sideline moping

Even last year when he was starting, I saw Romo communicating more with his players than him

Obviously, I'm not a dallas fan.. as I assume pretty much all of you would know that

But just my 2 cents on what y'all should do.. well I hope y'all don't do for obvious reasons

1) fire Garrett.. and go find a defensive guy to be the HC

2) do whatever you can to move Dez.. I don't think he's done, but he doesn't really have THAT value with your current offensive talent.. plus the money can be spent better elsewhere

3) trade a late round pick to steelers for Bryant.. he's on his rookie deal for 1 more season and can push safeties deep, which is all you need from your outside guys.. keeping safeties honest or taking advantage if they cheat up

4) get an OC who will use dak more as runner or running threat (read options and RPO stuff).. look at buffalo guys who worked with that offense.. also try get a movement TE for 2nd TE spot.. if we (eagles) don't resign trey burton he'd be a great fit.. think pretty much all the skins TEs/Hbacks and Ingram with Giants

Last edited:
Obviously, I'm not a dallas fan.. as I assume pretty much all of you would know that

But just 2 cents on what y'all should do

1) fire Garrett.. and go find a defensive guy to be the HC

2) do whatever you can to move Dez.. I don't think he's done, but he doesn't really have THAT value with your current offensive talent.. plus the money can be spent better elsewhere

3) trade a late round pick to steelers for Bryant.. he's on his rookie deal for 1 more season and can push safeties deep, which is all you need from your outside guys.. keeping safeties honest or taking advantage if they cheat up

4) get an OC who will use dak more as runner or running threat (read options and RPO stuff).. look at buffalo guys who worked with that offense.. also try get a movement TE for 2nd TE spot.. if we (eagles) don't resign trey burton he'd be a great fit.. think pretty much all the skins TEs/Hbacks and Ingram with Giants
You could have stopped after 1 ...

I'm all for people changing their lives ... Working hard, persevering and seemingly rising from obscurity to make it in the world ...

But I think that ends at like 30 years old ... Like, you know what you are generally going to be at 30 ... Not saying you can't hit it big and change your income after 100 failed ventures, but generally speaking you are what you are ...

Point being, Jason Garrett is a ******* loser ... He's a mediocre football guy with supreme book-intellect ... He is smart to the average Joe but can't make decisions on a football field ... He was a career backup that earned his way through studying and hard work ...

Once a ****in mediocre bum, always a mediocre bum ... I actually cannot stand to see his face ... He's like that one girlfriend that your cousin brings over during he holidays that acts like she owns the joint and you want to stuff her pie hole in the stuffing by the end of the night ...

I have seen him times in my life and gave him the finger each time ... I screamed you suck, fire balls ...

You could have stopped after 1 ...

I'm all for people changing their lives ... Working hard, persevering and seemingly rising from obscurity to make it in the world ...

But I think that ends at like 30 years old ... Like, you know what you are generally going to be at 30 ... Not saying you can't hit it big and change your income after 100 failed ventures, but generally speaking you are what you are ...

Point being, Jason Garrett is a ****ing loser ... He's a mediocre football guy with supreme book-intellect ... He is smart to the average Joe but can't make decisions on a football field ... He was a career backup that earned his way through studying and hard work ...

Once a ****in mediocre bum, always a mediocre bum ... I actually cannot stand to see his face ... He's like that one girlfriend that your cousin brings over during he holidays that acts like she owns the joint and you want to stuff her pie hole in the stuffing by the end of the night ...

I have seen him times in my life and gave him the finger each time ... I screamed you suck, fire balls ...

I am totally shocked that you watched your team this year and think all that is needed is a coaching change.. shocked.. totally

If we're being honest, y'all need an owner change if 1 change is being made.. but I know your feelings on jerry

Nah we got the best owner but worst GM in the league.

Jimmy Johnson not being in the hall.. let alone the cowboys ring of honor is a joke

Especially when you factor in Jerry is in the hall

This is how you know Dak’s lost it :lol:

Dude is such a herb with this quote

Ain’t no one talking about your personality, man. We talking about you being a god damn scrub of a QB :rofl:

Everyone keeps blaming Jerry but he's not even as involved with the roster as much as Stephen Jones and Will McClay. I'm not blaming Jason Garrett as much as the next fan. He is usually good at making adjustments. But in all honesty, this roster is not very good. Plus.. we have a first place schedule.. unlike last season when we were playing a 4th place schedule. I don't like the new idea of not making free agency splashes. I'm not saying blow our money but there were some great talent in FA because we only want bargain deals. We basically let our whole secondary go from last season. I, personally would've kept Church and Claiborne. And on the offensive side of the ball would've kept Ron Leary and let Terrence Williams walk. I used to get frustrated last season with Dak because NONE of our play action plays went past 20 yards.. He is not very accurate which I hopes can change. I really think our issue is at the QB position. I mean.. our defense has been trash for the last decade.. BUT.. we never had to worry about not showing up on offense.. no matter who was injured (other than Tony Romo)

Uhhhh. Let’s not undersell how much of an impact a good coach can have...I don’t remember Minny and The Rams being good before their respective coaches....Boston in b-ball. Etc.

Good coaching goes FAR!

I know everyone likes to call for Garrett's head but I think some of y'all be exaggerating a lot when it comes to how poor a coach he really is

I think he's an average coach
He never loses control of the any locker room and the players seem to respond to him quite well

Bottom line is this: We aren't a very talented team right now
We have absolutely no impact players in the secondary and outside of that we just have Lawrence & Lee (who can't play a full season)

On offense we've gone from having the best o-line to having an average at best due to injuries and replacements
Our star RB is out
And at the center of it is a below average QB that can't succeed unless people hold his hand with him

Y'all only started saying our receiving core is trash once Dak had taken over

Most of you guys expect the coaching staff to make diamonds out of crap and it baffles me :lol:

Most of you guys expect the coaching staff to make diamonds out of crap and it baffles me :lol:

Isn't that what coaches are for? Bill Belichick does it every single year.
Sean McVay came in and in one year has completely turned the Rams around. Our coaches have a huge roll in this.
Giving the ball back to Aaron Rodgers with under 2 minutes when we could have iced the game is inexcusable.
Leaving Chaz Green in to get embarrassed without help is inexcusable.
How many games have we lost this year in the 2nd half due to our inability to make adjustments when the other team does?

Our team is as talented as any in the NFL ... Miss me with the personnel excuse ... Our coaches are ****, period ...

Our solution to a guy giving up 4 sacks in a half was to replace him with the guy who couldn't beat him out in practice ... No chips or screens to help ... It's embarrassing

We have holes...no denying that. But we have some young talent that has DOMINATED this year on their rookie deals...we call those building blocks...

Like I said...i think there’s a coordinator out there that would take our offense and Sean mcvay it up! This offense is very talented and we’ve seen it flat out dominate when it’s going right...but this the league, things rarely go right consistently without adjusting...that’s what makes bellicheck the goat...

Stephen and will Mccay have done an AMAZING job for me personnel wise...it’s the NFL, no team is flawless...that’s why coaches and personnel guys matter...

I like JG...he’s a good coach that built a solid foundation imo. But as we’ve seen recently, sometimes u need a fresh face to take a talented squad to that next level (falcons last year, Rams this year, Denver before that, etc)...

Back
Top Bottom