THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

We're ready for Rookie Mini-Camp, May 12-14.
FYI: Jaylon Smith will be a go at Rookie Mini Camp.
If that nerve is allowing him to use his foot, and he does well. He would help solidify last years draft, and it's also like we took him in this year's draft. Smith and Taco as 1st round talents would be a big boost to our defense.

Last edited:
Brice Butler will do that inconsistently and now he could be on the bubble, don't we still have Andy Jones? Butler needs a fire lit under his ***!

Love what we did in the draft! Glad to see we are adding young athletic players to our defense instead of depending on beat up veterans. They last pick was a 300 pound DT that should improve our strong running defense. Claiborne and Carr didn't set a high bar so these rookie DBs don't have any pressure

On another note Witten is a like a car with 209k miles.., yeah it still cranks and get you to where you need to go but any minute the engine and transmission going to blow. We need to have a back up plan for what happens when the engine blows

Last edited:
Love what we did in the draft! Glad to see we are adding young athletic players to our defense instead of depending on beat up veterans. They last pick was a 300 pound DT that should improve our strong running defense. Claiborne and Carr didn't set a high bar so these rookie DBs don't have any pressure

On another not Witten is a like a car with 209k miles.., yeah it still cranks and get you to where you need to go but any minute the engine and transmission going to blow. We need to have a back up plan for what happens when the engine blows
he's fine and we have Rico Gathers

Geoff Swaim Will be out until a later after training camp starts, but I believe he will be as close as we get until we draft the eventual Witten replacement.

Really solid draft based on our position. Got a lot of productive guys who can come in and contribute right away on defense.

Switzer is an outstanding returner .. also Linehan should be able to come up with some creative packages with him and Beasley on the field together, especially on 3rd down.

Last edited:
^^switzer pick is really underrated. Like you said, empty sets with him and Beas is gonna be vicious.

Plus he can do the jet sweep and return stuff lucky was doing, but better. It's been a while since we've had a real boost from the return game, Dwayne Harris was the last guy.

Last edited:
& if he balls out you don't have to pay Cole next year 

Turns 30 in 2019...
Even if we could re-sign him we could maybe get him back cheap, I really feel like Switzer needs Beasley to show him the ropes for a year or two. Beasley is in his prime, if our new rookie had a guy to show him maybe he'll hit his peak sooner.

I don't think we drafted Switzer to replace Cole, they want to make the offense "friendlier" for Dak. Adding Switzer does that.

I hope he catches on quick, 4 wide sets with Beas and Switz in the slot are going to give teams nightmares.

Can't recall us going empty the past 2 seasons...
We would kill, but this ain't Madden either lol

I don't think we drafted Switzer to replace Cole, they want to make the offense "friendlier" for Dak. Adding Switzer does that.

I hope he catches on quick, 4 wide sets with Beas and Switz in the slot are going to give teams nightmares.

I think the intentions were to draft Beasley replacement unless Cole signs a 3 year extension?

In his third start ever Linehan trusted him enough to go empty 9 times, Dak was a perfect 6/6....

But Madden ...

In his third start ever Linehan trusted him enough to go empty 9 times, Dak was a perfect 6/6....

But Madden ...

I guess I never noticed lol
We ran the ball so much last year, always played with a lead too. There was hardly ever a reason to air it out.

Switz was drafted to compete with Lucky, not Cole

I already consider Lucky out, we thought we'd replace Harris on the cheap and it just didn't happen. After he takes Lucky's spot this year he'll be after Cole's spot next. Cowboys aren't handing out money unless you play a premium position. This year was a clear indication, they're all about young & cheap talent AKA the draft. I love Cole on our team, but it's reality. 2018-2019 he'll be 30. Maybe another good 3 years in him left, he'll be looking for another contract the cowboys won't be able to afford 'cause a year later Dak's turn to get paid, & a year after that Zeke's turn.

Thinking about customizing a Deion jersey.

Those are pretty hard to come by...
I need the Away & Home Elliott jersey. I already have the throwback.
Also, need 3 of Dak's jerseys.
I have all the Dez jersey colorways including Color Rush.

Back
Top Bottom