THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

Move up and take Fabian :rofl:

I guess it worked out, but had Awuzie been picked, it wouldn't have been great... Don't think they had as many options as they thought they'd have

Really like Fabian Moreau, Cordrea Tankersley,Jalen Myrick, Desmond King, Carl Lawson & Jaleel Johnson for Round 3 with about 15 picks left to get to us.

Would love to pick up Tankersley & Lawson at the end of this round... But if I can wish for only 1 to be available, I'd say Lawson.... Too highly rated and still around to not want him

Jourdan Lewis was the pick... Prefer Tankersley over him, but still got a 2nd round guy at the end of the 3rd... Good deal

If Carl Lawson makes it through these conditional picks, and is available for Round 4.. Now that's a trade you need to make.. He was a 2nd round prospect and great in the pass rush, and may flex into OLB as well

You would basically have to trade a 4th & next year 5th to get all the way up front of the 4th... (Remember we're definitely getting a conditional pick next year)

Taco - DLaw - Lawson would allow you to flex Irving & Crawford all over the line.

Last edited:
Carl Lawson - DE - Auburn
Jake Butt - TE - Michigan
Jaleel Johnson - DT - Iowa
Desmond King - DB - Iowa
Jeremiah Ledbetter - DT - Arkansas
Zach Banner - RT - USC
Vincent Taylor - DT - Oklahoma St
Jermaine Eluemunor - RT - Texas A&M
Roderick Johnson - RT - FSU
Jalen Myrick - DB / KR / PR - Minnesota
Brian Allen - DB - Utah

Those are 11 guys to hope for in my opinion, best to worst..... (Have no clue about QB / RB / WR so I'm of no help there)

Carl Lawson - DE - Auburn
Jake Butt - TE - Michigan
Jaleel Johnson - DT - Iowa
Desmond King - DB - Iowa
Jeremiah Ledbetter - DT - Arkansas
Zach Banner - RT - USC
Vincent Taylor - DT - Oklahoma St
Jermaine Eluemunor - RT - Texas A&M
Roderick Johnson - RT - FSU
Jalen Myrick - DB / KR / PR - Minnesota
Brian Allen - DB - Utah

Those are 11 guys to hope for in my opinion, best to worst..... (Have no clue about QB / RB / WR so I'm of no help there)
add Dede Westbrook in there

Not into the draft stuff at all but that Drew Pearson 2nd round pick was awesome 
laugh.gif

I'd take Jake Butt in Round 4 if I get the chance....

Need a safety and one more front 4 guy. I wouldn't draft an OL in this class. Really bad crop.

IMO yall are having a great defensive draft. I have more concern about Taco panning out then the two Cbs. The rookie corners will be animals in a few seasons

I somewhat agree, but we have a team that's in win now mode. Like essential1 essential1 said, we have plenty of picks coming in next years draft. If all it takes is our 2nd and a 4th(this year or next year), then that's something we need to consider.

We stayed put, & got some really good players.
This draft has to be an A- to B- Minimum and we're not even done yet.

I'd take Jake Butt in Round 4 if I get the chance....

Need a safety and one more front 4 guy. I wouldn't draft an OL in this class. Really bad crop.

Lawson seems to be the best for Front 4 because there's possible flex into a OLB off the edge a la DWare in his later years...

Lawson & Butt would make for a pretty flawless draft

I don't like this. Granted he's injury prone but I'm definitely not trying to roll out an inexperienced secondary week 1 :x

Exactly what I was telling my brother, we need Scandrick to lead this secondary at least for this year. Get everybody in routine and in check back there. That use to be Church but he's not there. Byron Jones & Jeff Heath are our longest tenured players after Scandrick. Jones a one year starter, & Heath a role player.

Jourdan Lewis was the pick... Prefer Tankersley over him, but still got a 2nd round guy at the end of the 3rd... Good deal
Lewis seems to be the next slot corner, at 5'10 this dude is really sticky. He has so many passes defended so not much interceptions for him, but he has good hands and great anticipation for the ball to knock it out the last minute.

I somewhat agree, but we have a team that's in win now mode. Like essential1 essential1 said, we have plenty of picks coming in next years draft. If all it takes is our 2nd and a 4th(this year or next year), then that's something we need to consider.

We stayed put, & got some really good players.
This draft has to be an A- to B- Minimum and we're not even done yet.

It did work out, I was wrong... I would have still preferred having our pick of all the DBs for Round 2, but we lucked out with Cheeto sliding to 60...

Just as much of a luck of the draw as it was sound drafting strategy.... Had one team taken Awuzie before 60 it would have been tough sledding the rest of the draft.

Lewis seems to be the next slot corner, at 5'10 this dude is really sticky. He has so many passes defended so not much interceptions for him, but he has good hands and great anticipation for the ball to knock it out the last minute.

Really was a preference of not having Lewis' Domestic Violence stuff over his head... But the difference between the two skill wise is negligible that I'm fine either way... Picked a guy at 92, who should have been gone 30 picks before then, that's always a win

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom