THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

I'm pleased with the draft pick. It's a huge area of need.

Yea. I ain't mad at it at all.

Plus I think taco has a really high ceiling!!! So I ain't mad. Still a lot of value to be had at safety and CB.

I'm hoping we can snag Utahs Safety someway...

We need pash rush, to help the secondary. I'm fine with the Taco pick. I know Irving and Lawrence will win out the starting job, & Taco coming in on running plays or nickle package will let him get the experience. Lawrence contract ends this year and if he doesn't want to resign for cheap, let him walk.

Last edited:
The thing is, at #60 will any of those guys still be on the board?

I'm not saying sell the house but we need to at least see what we can do to move up to make sure we snatch one.

We must draft best available, trust me our biggest mistake would be trading away our picks. A 4th round pick from last years draft was Dak Prescott, how sick would you feel if a player of that caliber was with another team 'cause we traded to move up?

We must draft best available, trust me our biggest mistake would be trading away our picks. A 4th round pick from last years draft was Dak Prescott, how sick would you feel if a player of that caliber was with another team 'cause we traded to move up?
Exactly. The draft is a crap shoot. It's better to have more picks.

The thing is, at #60 will any of those guys still be on the board?

I'm not saying sell the house but we need to at least see what we can do to move up to make sure we snatch one.

I somewhat agree, but we have a team that's in win now mode. Like essential1 essential1 said, we have plenty of picks coming in next years draft. If all it takes is our 2nd and a 4th(this year or next year), then that's something we need to consider.

We need two starters in the secondary. I'm not trading two picks in this draft to get one, when there's likely not a ton of difference in where those guys sit on their board.

Move up a little if you have to, but to get into the 30s you might be looking at a 2 and 3. Not worth it.

We need two starters in the secondary. I'm not trading two picks in this draft to get one, when there's likely not a ton of difference in where those guys sit on their board.

Move up a little if you have to, but to get into the 30s you might be looking at a 2 and 3. Not worth it.

Yea, I'm not tryna trade up. at this point the difference in skill between the cbs left are negligible. I think we have a very good chance of one if the guys from the Dallas days visits dropping to us.

Alooooot of talent left at CB, and safety. There will be value to be had at 60.

If we aren't going to attempt to move up, hopefully Tankersley is still on the board.

I have a feeling we're going to see a run on CB/S early tonight :smh:

If I come out of tonight with a CB and S that can start, it's a huge, huge win.

I probably wouldn't trade next year's 2 to move up, either. There's a lot of good CBs left. We'll get one in Round 2.

Awuzie, Moreau, Tankersley, Wilson at DB

Maye, Obi at Safety

The dropoff after that is significant..... (Sidney Jones could be on the list, but I don't think he'll contribute year 1)

I like Sutton.

Would love to find a way to get both Tankersley and Obi, but that's a tough swing.

We took Awuzie... Not bad... Curious why he dropped an entire round...

Still would have preferred our pick at DB as opposed to what is left

Drew Pearson went bonkers lmao

I dig Awuzie. Solid first two rounds. Couple of starters without question.

Back
Top Bottom