The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Like i have said before, the Knicks have cap space and assets in form of draft picks from other teams and their own in which they can absorb contracts other teams don't want and aquire picks or players that can also contribute.

GSW need bodies .. along with vets, knicks can give both 1st round picks this year and move to the #2.

People calling for the knicks to trade Mitch plus 8 now are the ones quick to point at that trade in the future and say that's why the knicks suck if it doesn't pan out.

Yeah you gotta do that one.

Oubre is miles ahead of Bullock as a player, younger and NYC would probably be a dream for him since the guy has a clothing brand and thinks he's a model :lol: if it doesn't work our his contract expires at the end of the 2021 season which gives us cap space.

It’s crazy how every year we have no elite players
We have no All Stars players never mind elite. We have a fan Base that says no to Maxing out Jimmy B but yes to maxing out FVV. **** is just a mess. “Mitch for the second pick” and possibly Drafting a franchise guard with that pick, Nah we will take our chances with the Newer Tyson Chandler even though his skill set in the starting 5 is arguably one of the least needed to be a contender.

We have no All Stars players never mind elite. We have a fan Base that says no to Maxing out Jimmy B but yes to maxing out FVV. **** is just a mess. “Mitch for the second pick” and possibly Drafting a franchise guard with that pick, Nah we will take our chances with the Newer Tyson Chandler even though his skill set in the starting 5 is arguably one of the least needed to be a contender.
Honestly speaking, you think Melo is a franchise player? I dont know ...

Honestly speaking, you think Melo is a franchise player? I dont know ...
I don’t know, but given the opportunity to draft him or Edwards for Mitch and the 8th you have to go for it. Guards are the most Valuable players on almost every single Contender with minimal exceptions. Mitch is not making anyone a Contender no matter how much you love him. He’s good for 25 minutes a game. Jokic is literally the only Center exception.

this is gonna sound ridiculous but once Bud gets fired for his horrible playoff rotations he’d be a perfect coach for this team. Great regular season coach, gets the talent on the same page and gets the most out of young guys and role players.

now he’ll never win a chip, but that’s a different story

^ that ship has sailed unfortunately... we had the chance to hire him and picked fiz instead... for some reason we never go with the best candidate... hopefully im wrong and thibs is a good coach... he has a good 2-3 years here until he gets fired lol

Giannis to NY rumors gonna be rampant come FA.

But this post was about the legacy of the Knicks vs the Heat & how losing Pat Riley has been our true downfall. We been a corny franchise since and our best FA acquisition was never going to lead a team to sustained success.

That is all.

And floodarea floodarea thinks SSJ 4 is cool & probably thinks it should be canon :sick:. His basketball tastes are just as atrocious.

We say no to maxing out certain players because the culture here and the supporting cast does not fit them at all. Same reason Giannis would never come here. He doesn’t care about the Greek population here or NYC, these dudes want to win and rest on some nights. Coming here means all the attention, blame, wear and tear, literally everything is on you. No player wants that burden.

We gotta hope we draft a stud that reaches his potential and the next wave of stars want to play with because that player rejuvenated the Knicks. Or a team that busts their *** everynight (see Raptors and Heat). Or through trade, but rarely do any teams actually help us or rarely do any trades we make lead to any long term success.

So yes, maxing out FVV is our only realistic option. And no one on this team, nor the coach, is cut from the same cloth or is on the same level as Jimmys Miami Heat. Every player that doesn’t choose us as a FA option always makes the right decision. These dudes ain’t taking a step back and going to a lotto team. Nor should they.

Last edited:
Until we are able to land legitimate talent to build a foundation with we should keep signing players on one to two year deals to always have flexibility with our cap

There’s some solid role players in this years free agency class that could easily be had by us if we overpay a little bit for short term deals

Only players we should be throwing the max at this off season are Ingram and FVV

Outside of those two we should definitely be taking swings at Joe Harris, Jerami Grant, Derrick Jones Jr and bringing Marcus Morris back to name a few

I feel like I ask the same question every offseason/trade deadline:

who do ya want on the team? :lol:
Trae Young
Melo Ball
RJ
Jokic
Mitch

Bench gotta be 1 more ball handler and hella defense/shooting. And Melo would have to develop at a similar pace to his bro. His ceiling is much higher & he’s a nut so I expect longer.

Last edited:
Y'all really want that handsome mfer Oubre on this team?

He won't even have the energy to play. Too much baddies in the city

Back
Top Bottom