The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why y'all be so obsessed with trading players that really want to be here? That's why we can't get any quality FAs now. Dude turned down the one of the best franchises in sports to sign with one of the worst. How would it look if we let him go after he broke an agreement to come here? He's done everything we could have possibly expected of him on the court and more and y'all want to trade him to draft the next Shumpert. Makes no sense

Let him stay, help bring us some respectability and stability and start the long road of repairing our image around the league as a desirable FA destination. That's worth much more than the 25th pick.

exactly the same reason why no one appreciates Melo

but that’s an all pro. No one of that caliber is available. It would be a different story if we’re talking about trading for Giannis or KL. We’re talking about emptying the bank for KAT. I’m all the way good.

Im saying hypothetically we’d be trading picks that aren’t ours. That’s the booty of it, having all those picks from other teams. You gotta use them. Like it literally took ya decades to draft a player that comes close to a KAT. Pair him up with an actual PG with our current cornerstones and go from there.

Fine if y’all don’t want KAT....there’s gonna be Beal and a list of other disgruntled stars. We still need those picks, not Marcus Morris.

It’s hard to master
Short Example of Franchise changing player.
LeBron, KD, Kawhi, PG, Luka looking like one, Embiid (arguably), Harden, CP3, Westbrook. Not saying they will win you a championship but they will have you competitive in the playoffs and will have other all stars wanting to play with them and will go out of their way to play with them.
Bruh ....

Iight you got it .... I'm not going to argue this point because 1. Is subjective and 2. You just name a couple of players that have serious time in the NBA def are not franchise players and some that it took a minute for them to become franchise players.

Lebron and KD were transcending players from day 1 and Harden became one after several years in the NBA.

90% of all our upcoming draft picks will end up being garbage time players or G league all stars. If the right player becomes available I’m down to use those picks.

Generational talent is too few and far in between to bank on in the draft or FA

We need to take what we can get while continuing to be aggressive and keeping the cap open

Don’t mortgage the future with a trade unless it’s a bonefied slam dunk

Morris is on a one year deal but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s the first decent player that’s chosen to be here in a hot minute and to send him off after the caping he’s doing for us would be a bad look

Last edited:
^ thats why i was saying it makes no sense to trade morris... we not winning with our without him... hes not going to effect our draft status... so minuswell keep him here for the year and build some morale and respectability... the team has played better with miller...

I don't see the point of holding onto a 30 year old. I don't think this is the time to be worried about loyalty, we're in the dumps and the draft is the best way for bad teams to improve through cheap, young, controllable talent.

A guy like Marcus is here to take advantage of the opportunity to get one last contact, nothing wrong with that either but you can't let sentimentality get in the way of a potential team improving move.

Prime example TWolves “built” through the draft but the only time in recent years they been good is when they had legit vets to guide them. Jimmy, Taj, J crossover and Drose. They let the vets leave and now they are back to being trash. Eventually you have to have a mix. SAC will always be trash like the Suns until they can get A few legit “good vets” on the team. Not saying Jimmy is all world but he made a huge difference with the TWolves.

Im saying hypothetically we’d be trading picks that aren’t ours. That’s the booty of it, having all those picks from other teams. You gotta use them. Like it literally took ya decades to draft a player that comes close to a KAT. Pair him up with an actual PG with our current cornerstones and go from there.

Fine if y’all don’t want KAT....there’s gonna be Beal and a list of other disgruntled stars. We still need those picks, not Marcus Morris.
90% of all our upcoming draft picks will end up being garbage time players or G league all stars. If the right player becomes available I’m down to use those picks.
Generational talent is too few and far in between to bank on in the draft or FA

We need to take what we can get while continuing to be aggressive and keeping the cap open

Don’t mortgage the future with a trade unless it’s a bonefied slam dunk

Morris is on a one year deal but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s the first decent player that’s chosen to be here in a hot minute and to send him off after the caping he’s doing for us would be a bad look
It would be a bad look for the organization of Morris is traded. Players are already apprehensive about playing for the Knicks, and think the Knicks is a poorly run organization. Trading the only player that wants to be here only boosts those opinions.

my issue is that KAT doesn’t play the position we need. If you’re talking trading all those picks for a Fox or a Trae Young then absolutely. Our biggest need is a PG. just that alone will propel this team. Another big that will dominate the ball isn’t going to move the needle.Moving Morris will also hurt any chance of players coming here. Him and Melo are the only ones in decades. It’s still apparent how this organization did Melo dirty, so let’s do it again to Morris? Cool, we traded for KAT and our 2020-2021 roster will be Frank, RJ, Bullock, KAT, and Mitch. We’re ******.

First round picks don’t mean much if you don’t know what to do with it… we passed up on better players twice in recent years… passed on Mitchell for frank and passed on shai for knox… our second round draft picks are better which is Robinson and trier is better even though he was undrafted… maybe knox and frank will get better but for right now we passed up on better players… first round picks are great not saying they have no value but you need a lot of luck that the guys you draft are good and some guys fall to you in the draft… we need better scouting… the KP pick worked out but hes injured all the time and wanted out… you look at teams like the warriors they built through the draft… they got lucky barnes, draymond and curry fell to them and they made the right pick at klay… so far the only guys I see worth keeping is Robinson and rj… that’s terrible considering the amount of first round picks we’ve had

Back
Top Bottom