The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This summer is probably Morris' last chance at a big money, long term deal.

Going to be the 3rd or 4th option on another team won't help that.

Mm as the face of the franchise is a face I'd like to punch :lol: I'm happy with his play despite my disdain

They traded SGA and 4 picks for Paul George.

We can’t land the #1 pick and we can’t sign top FAs. Trades are really the best way to go for this franchise until further notice.

They also won 48 games & was told by Kawhi that in order to get him, they’d have to trade for PG. 2 completely different situations. We trade for 1 dude, give up 4 picks & have nothing to pair him with and win 30 games with an unhappy star

Why y'all be so obsessed with trading players that really want to be here? That's why we can't get any quality FAs now. Dude turned down the one of the best franchises in sports to sign with one of the worst. How would it look if we let him go after he broke an agreement to come here? He's done everything we could have possibly expected of him on the court and more and y'all want to trade him to draft the next Shumpert. Makes no sense

Let him stay, help bring us some respectability and stability and start the long road of repairing our image around the league as a desirable FA destination. That's worth much more than the 25th pick.

ya let the season rock... if anything id trade randle... he puts up good numbers but he's exactly like zbo which is empty stats which don't equate to winning... plus his turnovers are just bad basketball

Why y'all be so obsessed with trading players that really want to be here? That's why we can't get any quality FAs now. Dude turned down the one of the best franchises in sports to sign with one of the worst. How would it look if we let him go after he broke an agreement to come here? He's done everything we could have possibly expected of him on the court and more and y'all want to trade him to draft the next Shumpert. Makes no sense

Let him stay, help bring us some respectability and stability and start the long road of repairing our image around the league as a desirable FA destination. That's worth much more than the 25th pick.
Said the same thing yesterday. It took MM 9 years to become the player he is today and Knicks got a bunch of kids that need development, not the just run 38 minutes a night type of development.

When good things start happening on the court then players will want to come. Why'd Melo demand to come here? Cause Stat was looking like he had something left and the team was competing.

Last edited:
We can’t keep rolling the dice with picks and young guys, it hardly ever works. The odds of drafting a superstar are slim to none the way our draft positioning has been.
Slim to none? Just a few years ago, we drafted the unicorn. Mitchell Donovan went a few spots after our draft pick, RJ might turn out. We got Mitch in the 2nd round???? Is not hard ... we just need development. Hell we dont even know what we have because we brought all these other guys to cut their minutes and development.

Look at Lukas and Trey hell even Fox .... we can score players man ....

Giving 4 first rounders for a "Superstar" well that MF better be able to carry the team to the playoffs and that sure ain't KAT.

Keeping Morris to turn around and give him supermax is a ******* no dawg.

With all this mediocrity some of you guys are calling for, in rather stay put .. trade those contracts for 1t rounders and improve my chances via the draft. Whether that be by swapping picks and adding another or something for a better prospect or trading down for draft picks if theres nothing in the board. Follow the Sixers and Celtics model ....

Right now if I had to give someone 4 first rounders and a couple of young guys minus Mitch and RJ would be for the Freak.

i'm not understanding why you would keep Morris at all. He's on a one-year deal. Keep in mind he's 30 and broke the Spurs agreement because we gave him more money + a chance to put up better stats and enter a weaker free agent market where he can get a long term deal. We don't trade him and he'll grab us a couple more wins to secure us the next Frank Ntilikina or Kevin Knox instead of a better pick. Ill take any kind of first rounder or ok young player instead, if Morris really want's to be back we can re-sign him in the summer

Fox, Trae and KP aren’t franchise changing players. There is usually one Franchise changing player every other draft. I’m not saying all star player, I’m saying Franchise Changing player.

i'm not understanding why you would keep Morris at all. He's on a one-year deal. Keep in mind he's 30 and broke the Spurs agreement because we gave him more money + a chance to put up better stats and enter a weaker free agent market where he can get a long term deal. We don't trade him and he'll grab us a couple more wins to secure us the next Frank Ntilikina or Kevin Knox instead of a better pick. Ill take any kind of first rounder or ok young player instead, if Morris really want's to be back we can re-sign him in the summer
You can’t just keep recycling different vets every year with different young cats every year and expect to be good. You need continuity. ( and I know there are exceptions to that, but it’s rare.)

Fox, Trae and KP aren’t franchise changing players. There is usually one Franchise changing player every other draft. I’m not saying all star player, I’m saying Franchise Changing player.
KP is not a franchise player? LoL

Dude was a franchise player that just got paired with a transcending generational player in the makings.

Trea needs work but dude is solid, pair him up with solid players and he will have a big impact.

Fox maybe is not a franchise player, but he is mad young and he has his team being competitive.

But let's concede that they are not, your proposal is to trade 4 first rounder for KAT ?? Is he a franchise player? Come on .......

KP is not a franchise player? LoL

Dude was a franchise player that just got paired with a transcending generational player in the makings.

Trea needs work but dude is solid, pair him up with solid players and he will have a big impact.

Fox maybe is not a franchise player, but he is mad young and he has his team being competitive.

But let's concede that they are not, your proposal is to trade 4 first rounder for KAT ?? Is he a franchise player? Come on .......
KP is def not Franchise changing player, and I’m not a Fan of KAT, he’s just an updated version of Love. I never said Trae wasn’t solid, I like him a lot, he’s just not a franchise changing player. Just because you’re that specific teams Franchise player, doesn’t mean you’re a Franchise changing player. Example KAT.

Last edited:
Short Example of Franchise changing player.
LeBron, KD, Kawhi, PG, Luka looking like one, Embiid (arguably), Harden, CP3, Westbrook. Not saying they will win you a championship but they will have you competitive in the playoffs and will have other all stars wanting to play with them and will go out of their way to play with them.

Lol at Trae not being a franchise player, yet Luka is looking like one.

Trae is a franchise changing player indeed. You don't think people want to play with the next Steph?

And with the Knicks long recent history, how dare you turn your 👃 up to a franchise pg :lol: .

Trae is amazing, I’m just saying, he has the game of a Franchise player no doubt but does he have the personality and traits that will lure other all stars to play with him, that’s what I mean by Franchise changing. Yes there are teams like the Celtics where every player just clicks and is complimentary but that’s rare. GS was rare for the way it played out too.

If you had the Chance to sign either Trae or Luka in the off season. With a complete clean cap, who do you think would lure better players to come play with them?

Trae is a better Monte Ellis :lol:

Last edited:
The only thing about Marcus Morris for me is that I don’t expect him to actually be here longterm. I think he leaves in the offseason, and we regret not creating an asset when we had the chance. He may be saying he wants to be here, but he said that about San Antonio this past offseason and stands to demand a bigger contract if he stays with the Knicks.

I guess we’ll wait and see what happens.

the win/loses dont matter anymore... we had the worst record in the league but barely got the #3 pick... it was always a lottery but the odds are worse to discourage tanking... new orleans got the #1 pick and they werent even that terrible compared to us last year...

They traded SGA and 4 picks for Paul George.

We can’t land the #1 pick and we can’t sign top FAs. Trades are really the best way to go for this franchise until further notice.

but that’s an all pro. No one of that caliber is available. It would be a different story if we’re talking about trading for Giannis or KL. We’re talking about emptying the bank for KAT. I’m all the way good.

Back
Top Bottom