The NBA Draft Thread

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh what type of questions do they ask during those interviews?

all the stories I've read about guys interviewing poorly fall into a few categories.

a) Out of touch with reality.

- guys come in with an over inflated sense of who they are as a player.

They ask them who do you compare yourselves to?

Hassan Whiteside said Kevin Durant.
Scott Hopsin said Michael Jordan. :lol:

apparently Jaylen Brown thinks he's a SG, NBA thinks he's a PF.

b) Come off disingenuous.

Guys who had issues at college, and are asked about and come off as fibbers.

example
Shabbazz Muhamed lying about his age and acting like he didn't know.

c) Not being prepared.

You had time to prepare, you new what time this was, you knew they would ask you questions and you still sound dumb.

RJ Hunter was asked how many basketballs could fill the room they were interviewing in last year.

RJ Hunter was asked how many basketballs could fill the room they were interviewing in last year.
My job asks this type of question during interviews. They asked me how many quarters would you have to stack up for the stack to be as tall as the Eiffel Tower. They ask it to see what kind of though process you use to get the answer. I nailed it 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

-Eiffel tower is about 1,000 ft tall.

-A $10 roll of quarters is about is about 4 inches long. There are 40 quarters in a roll.

-3 rolls = 1 foot = 120 quarters

-120 quarters x 1,000

It might be way off but they want to see how you work through a problem in real time. My coworker got asked how many windows are in Los Angeles. That one would have been way more difficult IMO :lol:

View media item 2032531

what kind of great sess was Whiteside smoking to thing his game would transcend into KD.

there are a bunch of great pre draft whiteside stories.

how you think he went from lottery pick, to 2nd round pick,to playing in lebanon. :lol:

He got insulted when someone compared him to marcus camby, and then said Kevin Durant

NBA teams asked him what he needed to improve to become elite, he said "nothing."

he just sat half way through some drills during a workout because he was winded.

coaches at marshall were shocked when NBA scouts came to marshall, couldn't belive the NBA wanted him.

there are more, but ive forgotten them. :lol:

all the stories I've read about guys interviewing poorly fall into a few categories.

a) Out of touch with reality.

- guys come in with an over inflated sense of who they are as a player.

They ask them who do you compare yourselves to?

Hassan Whiteside said Kevin Durant.
Scott Hopsin said Michael Jordan. :lol:

apparently Jaylen Brown thinks he's a SG, NBA thinks he's a PF.

b) Come off disingenuous.

Guys who had issues at college, and are asked about and come off as fibbers.

example
Shabbazz Muhamed lying about his age and acting like he didn't know.

c) Not being prepared.

You had time to prepare, you new what time this was, you knew they would ask you questions and you still sound dumb.

In what world is Jaylen Brown a power forward? That makes no sense.

In the small ball world of today. Plus, not a great shooter or ballhandler. Didn't see his official combine measurables, but it makes a ton of sense.

Have you seen the dude play before? He plays absolutely nothing like a power forward. Plays exactly like what he is...a shooting guard with NBA size and athleticism that can't really shoot.

In what world is Jaylen Brown a power forward? That makes no sense.
Have you seen the dude play before? He plays absolutely nothing like a power forward. Plays exactly like what he is...a shooting guard with NBA size and athleticism that can't really shoot.

shooting guards need to able to do this thing we call; shooting dribbling and passing. Jaylen can't do any of those things.

he's probably going to be most valuble as a small ball 4.

Sounds like a very poor mans Harrison Barnes
Physically, Jaylen Brown is very comparable to Stan Johnson last year. Both overdeveloped for their ages, upon entering the league. Brown definitely carries risk with a top-10 selection. An organization would be betting he can become a competent outside shooter and create more with the dribble more than he did in HS and at Cal.

Don't think you really understand the way that basketball is trending, but he definitely fits what many teams use as a small ball 4. He's definitely not an NBA shooting guard. No one believes that. He'll be a 3 with a broke jumper, and then his best chance to take advantage of mismatches will be as a small ball 4. Especially early on in his career.

Dude potentially could be a versatile player. He's a 3/4. Justice Winslow plays small ball 4 now....and his jumper is BROKE. I didn't realize it was that bad :lol:.

I think Jaylen brown could find a similar role...and be successful. Kid has some talent. Needs to rework his approach to the game.

And it's hilarious how the "tweener" label is gone now :lol:. Being a 6'7 to 6'9 PF with OK ball skills...and ability to bang in the post some...was a huge negative.

Draymond came along...and every team wants that now. I saw DX praise Niang's measurements at 6'7 with a 6'10 wingspan. I was like, what? :lol:. They loved Robert Carter's 6'8 measurements....and talked about how he can potentially play center. 3 years ago...those type of measurements where a death blow.

It's good that these guys with the versatility are finally being looked at for what they actually can do...than what their height says on a paper. Some team is going to look stupid trying really hard to find the next Draymond though :lol:.

Dude potentially could be a versatile player. He's a 3/4. Justice Winslow plays small ball 4 now....and his jumper is BROKE. I didn't realize it was that bad
laugh.gif

I think Jaylen brown could find a similar role...and be successful. Kid has some talent. Needs to rework his approach to the game.

good call...hes def in the same boat as Justice right now. 

but i think Winslow is a basketball player...meaning he doesnt have to have the ball in his hands to effect the game. dude is just a gamer. i didnt see that with Jaylen.

i would be on the fence about picking him if i was in the lottery. 

but i think Winslow is a basketball player...meaning he doesnt have to have the ball in his hands to effect the game. dude is just a gamer. i didnt see that with Jaylen.

Justice is a really high IQ player, an incredible defensive player and has awesome intagibles by all accounts.

that's a big difference between Jaylen and Justice. poor man barnes I think is a better comparison.

Last edited:

Justice is a really high IQ player, an incredible defensive player and has awesome intagibles by all accounts.

that's a big difference between Jaylen and Justice. poor man barnes I think is a better comparison.
exactly what I'm saying. Justice is just a gamer a basketball player. But his jumper is in the dumps right now.

Brice is going to be a good player but I think the Hornets need to take a perimeter player this year. Been drafting big men every year besides Kemba it seems

There's some really good value in this draft. Hammons in the mid 2nd is great value for a big off the bench to protect the paint and run the floor. NBA body, can contribute right away

Back
Top Bottom