The NBA Draft Thread

You have professionals and oversight at combine just like the NFL.. Measurements before are not dependent of potential millions being put out..

Just use logic the measurements on some of these guys don't make sense and the reaosn is obvious; they want to juice the vert number.

and I would say the mesurments before are more accurate because they aren't as close to the draft and thus the finacial incentive to cheat is not as strong.

NBA lottery on Tuesday!!!

As a Sixers fan, year after year I make sure I follow this...this is sadly the biggest event of the year for use as we have been struggling for this sole purpose. I give more emphasis on this than the NBA finals |I

GO SIXERS!

Colangelos trying to turn us into a perennial playoff 1st to 2nd round exit team..smh..

Tuesday can't come fast enough..

BTW was maker at the combine..and if so..how he look?..I watched briefly yesterday's but didn't hear his name..

Don't see Skal going any higher than where most mocks have him pegged (8-12), no matter what he does in his workouts. Hield, Murray, Dunn, Bender and Brown are going to go 3-7 in some order. Really can't see that changing. I also think Skal to Toronto is a lock if he's still there.

A few players that's currently projected outside the top couple picks is definitely coming up into the top 5-7 ...this one of those years where everything is up in the air after the top 2 picks, any player after that is no lock for any pick

how are you 7-2 and 219 pounds.
sick.gif

Jumper is silky tho.

Combine buzz: Skal Labissiere impresses

Skal Labissiere was once projected as a serious contender to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft.

But a disappointing season at Kentucky in which he was in and out of coach John Calipari's doghouse and struggled to get playing time put an end to that.

On Wednesday, DraftExpress was invited to watch Labissiere in a private workout in Chicago, and he showed why he was such a highly regarded prospect six months ago.

Labissiere has excellent tools, is just a hair under 7 feet in shoes and has outstanding fluidity for a player his size. He is quick off his feet, extremely nimble and covers ground effortlessly. He is still thin, but has a frame that should have no problem filling out in the next few years.

His skill level was extremely impressive. Labissiere made shots from all over the floor, both off the dribble and with his feet set, and showed range out to the NBA three-point line. His footwork and balance was excellent in the post and on the perimeter, and his fundamentals were outstanding for someone who only started playing basketball as a teenager. It's incredibly rare to see a player his size with that type of touch.

Labissiere has a world of talent even at an early stage of development, yet he will need time to translate that to game settings on a consistent basis. After stringing together one of the most impressive workouts DraftExpress has seen in the past few years, there's little doubt that Labissiere's draft stock will recover quickly over the next few weeks. Talent rises in the NBA pre-draft process, and Labissiere has one of the highest ceilings of any prospect in this class.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/combine-buzz-194205610.html
who didnt see this coming? going to kill it in workouts and some idiot is going to draft him top 10

NBA lottery on Tuesday!!!

As a Sixers fan, year after year I make sure I follow this...this is sadly the biggest event of the year for use as we have been struggling for this sole purpose. I give more emphasis on this than the NBA finals |I

GO SIXERS!

I'm so ******* nervous for this Lottery. This could basically determine the team we are for the next decade.

End up with 1/2 and 4 and draft Ingram/Simmons and Murray with Embiid and Saric being added as well and I'll be so excited.

End up with just 3 and end up with just Murray or Dunn and my excitement level goes alllllllll the way down.

Idk if I'd be able to take it if my Sixers end up with the 3rd pick

And man Colangelo better not turn us into a 1st rd/2nd rd team. Id rather be trash than be the Hawks or Grizzlies :x

If Thon does make it to the 2nd rd then i wouldnt mind the Sixers giving him a chance. Hell i wouldnt care if they took him with our latest 1st rounder either unless someone really good is left on the board somehow

I'm so ******* nervous for this Lottery. This could basically determine the team we are for the next decade.

End up with 1/2 and 4 and draft Ingram/Simmons and Murray with Embiid and Saric being added as well and I'll be so excited.

End up with just 3 and end up with just Murray or Dunn and my excitement level goes alllllllll the way down.
thats prob the more likely out yall get 3 or 4 everyone knows the lotto is rigged u gotta look at who benefits the league better with a having a number one or two pick lakers, twolves with their "just one piece away" movment image if they could lock down the 4 with ben simmons and thibs as coach theyll be running the west in no time.. But my thought is theyll give the no. 1 to celtics, lakers or twolves it makes more sense for the L

Last edited:
thats prob the more likely out yall get 3 or 4 everyone knows the lotto is rigged u gotta look at who benefits the league better with a having a number one or two pick lakers, twolves with their "just one piece away" movment image if they could lock down the 4 with ben simmons and thibs as coach theyll be running the west in no time.. But my thought is theyll give the no. 1 to celtics, lakers or twolves it makes more sense for the L

The NBA literally stepped in and made a hire themselves for the Sixers to try to turn them around. Trust me, they care very much about making the Sixers a relevant, winning organization again.

Hey, I'm not going to post insider articles becuase I will get banned but I will give you the gist of the interesting stuff Chad Ford is reporting from scouts.

here you go:

Vanderbilt coaches and his past HS coaches **** on Wade Baldwins leadership and work ethic but his stock might be falling a bit, tho teams think he might be a Kyle Lowry type, hard worker, over competitive but not locker room cancer.

Ivica Zubac is too low on mocks and should be a first rounder. [personally I love Zubac, played solid against USA, destroyed canada]

Jaylen Brown interviewed poorly, seemed arrogant, showed low BBall IQ when they tried to talk about the game.

Malachi Richardson might be rising. Strong NCAA run made scouts go back and look at the tape. They like his legth and athelticsm.

Back
Top Bottom