The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Love Rogan but he really thinks every fighter that's ever stepped foot inside the octagon is in the conversation of GOAT 
laugh.gif
Barao, Mighty Mouse, Jones, Aldo, Silva.... lmao

Last edited:
Also just to throw it out there, when Chael beat dude down for 4.5 rounds, it definitely left me shook

Both dudes was on something so let's throw that point out the window

And the loss to journeyman Takase?

I guess you missed the point. I mentioned a loss. I'm not trying to make him out to be invincible.

Everything I said is clear as day. Anderson had a phenomenal run. And did fight at 2 weight classes.

Jones IMO has already fought better comp.

But Anderson has 12 years on Jones. Who knows where Jones will be at that stage in his career.

There are plenty of dudes who looked "unbeatable" at one point that got beat.

Last edited:
Point being Silva was losing to terrible fighters at the stage of his career Jones is at now. Jones can only improve...

Well yeah, he didn't start out as a beast. Kinda nice to see when a fighter struggles early in their career and becomes a great later on.

To bring up an earlier point, it really amazes me that JBJ isn't a black belt (or any belt for that matter) in any major martial art.

Rewatched DC/JBJ fight. It was anyone's fight thru 3 rounds. DC looked gased after 3 and jones dominant round 4. And round 5 was just the 2 hugging each other. Not convinced on this being easy for bones like everyone is thinking
Yessir, finally someone with a sense of reality. First 3 rds were very close. I had 1 to Jones, 2 and 3 to Cormier and 4 to Jones, came down to 5 and Jones literally held him against the cage the entire round, which is why Cormier just complained about Herb Dean reffing the rematch.

Cormier learned from that fight and is gonna be super motivated in this one. But let's discredit all that and his recent fights and pretend like Jones problems couldn't be an issue going into the rematch. He's lifting 405 lbs on the deadlift tho so its gonna help him win this one easier...

Or Jones comes back a monster and whoops Cormier easily...we shall see lol

Yessir, finally someone with a sense of reality. First 3 rds were very close. I had 1 to Jones, 2 and 3 to Cormier and 4 to Jones, came down to 5 and Jones literally held him against the cage the entire round, which is why Cormier just complained about Herb Dean reffing the rematch.

Cormier learned from that fight and is gonna be super motivated in this one. But let's discredit all that and his recent fights and pretend like Jones problems couldn't be an issue going into the rematch. He's lifting 405 lbs on the deadlift tho so its gonna help him win this one easier...

Or Jones comes back a monster and whoops Cormier easily...we shall see lol

Just rewatched the fight. I had jones with 1,3,4,5. Not even a question. All three judges scored it that way.

4 rounds to 1. More significant strikes. 3 takedowns to 1 on an Olympic wrestler.

Yeah that fight wasn't even close :lol: DC successfully pushed his pace the second round and that's it.

Just rewatched the fight. I had jones with 1,3,4,5. Not even a question. All three judges scored it that way.

4 rounds to 1. More significant strikes. 3 takedowns to 1 on an Olympic wrestler.

Yeah that fight wasn't even close
laugh.gif
DC successfully pushed his pace the second round and that's it.
Exactly, I didn't view it as a close fight. Jones basically played the big brother role 

HW is a new frontier. IMO it all depends on who HW champ is...

If he sticks around and defends the title in the event he wins the HW strap, he will eventually get slept.

DC was running through dudes at HW not so long ago. He definitely could have made his way to a title shot but he didn't want to fight Cain.

Jon was the first person to impose himself on DC so i believe he would fair very well at HW.

The landscape in that division hasn't changed much in recent years. Everyone at the top of the division is aging and accumulating mileage so it's the perfect storm for him to move up soon and become a 2 division champion.

Point being Silva was losing to terrible fighters at the stage of his career Jones is at now. Jones can only improve...

Given Jones' last few years, I don't think "Jones can only improve" is a given :lol:

Point being, time will reveal.

Hearing DC might be pulling out with an injury :nerd:

Jon finally fights rumble :nerd: or do they drop the fight and make it a free card with mighty mouse leading it.

Last edited:
:lol:

Poor mighty mouse.. Got more twitch viewers than people who watch him fight :smh: he seems like a real cool cat, though, real down to earth and just a regular bro who can fight really good.

Last edited:
Nah he won the first with a RNC, got TKO'd in the second, and KO'd Hughes 29 seconds into the third fight :lol:
Really?? I gotta watch it. I forgot. I used to live watching mma fights. Just starting to get back into it now. I remember I would watch penn fights at my friends house...we would be going nuts...but he always seemed to lose big ones. Still my fav tho.

That first Diaz/Conor presser got more views than a Mighty Mouse fight

nobody buying a mighty mouse fight :lol:
MM needs to move up and challenge mark hunt or something to even get me to think about purchasing his fight

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom