The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I can't give someone the GOAT if they lost, simple as that. That's just me personally.

What? That's silly.

Fedor, Silva & GSP all lost. JBJ will taste defeat at some point as well. It's just the nature of combat sports.

Hell Floyd will probably lose if he decides to comeback and fight in his 40s. Ali, Ray Robinson, Joe Louis and Willie Pep all lost.

Marciano never lost but nobody in their right mind would call him the GOAT. Floyd may be the greatest defensive boxer of all time, but he isn't the greatest overall.

Neither is Joe Calzaghe...

Likewise nobody in their right mind would call say, Rickson Gracie the greatest either.

In combat sports, generally, if you haven't lost you likely got out at the right time.

Last edited:
Jones is already in the conversation for GOAT and he's only just started training full time :smh:

If he beat DC, Rumble and the HW champion it would be beyond question. All of which are very probable imo.

HW is a new frontier. IMO it all depends on who HW champ is...

If he sticks around and defends the title in the event he wins the HW strap, he will eventually get slept.

Ehhhh I see what you're saying but "getting out of the right time" doesn't really apply to his case. He's cleared out the LHW division except for Rumble. And the HW division is weak with only a few worthy opponents.

The point that I'm trying to make is that losses effect your legacy just as much as winning does.

Hell, look at BJ. If he comes back and loses a few more, dude will be nearly .500.

cant argue with what jones has done
interested to see if he jumps up and really throw down with the big guys

BJ is up there as GOAT
also, dude was not afraid to move up and fight guys bigger than him. he fought lyota machida and held his own

Last edited:
Ehhhh I see what you're saying but "getting out of the right time" doesn't really apply to his case. He's cleared out the LHW division except for Rumble. And the HW division is weak with only a few worthy opponents.

The point that I'm trying to make is that losses effect your legacy just as much as winning does.

Hell, look at BJ. If he comes back and loses a few more, dude will be nearly .500.

We'll see, I think the HW div is going to be a completely different animal for JBJ.

BJ Penn was never in the convo for the record. :lol:. His overzealous stans always overrated him.

I respect the hell out of BJ because he was a straight savage and he took risks with his welterweight jumps.

He was ultra talented and was truly a prodigy. I just don't think he's in the discussion for GOAT

His laziness with his fitness was so annoying to see as a fan. That Hawaiian food is good though.

Prime Jones> Prime Silva

Also Silva had problems with wrestlers throughout his career. Even before UFC. JJ never had problems really. Maybe in the deep armbar from Belfort?

Silva's latter losses and roids don't make him the GOAT, and I don't think it's close

Jones took out some prime LHW's when LHW was the fiercest division at the time

Silva can be second in my book though

Seems a bit premature to make the call on this so called "GOAT".

Anderson was in his late 30's when he lost to Weidman. Jones is in his late 20's.

Anderson might have been Jones' age when he got leg scissored by Ryo Chonan :lol:

I don't care for lists or rankings much. Both guys are great.

Anderson was embarrassing professionals at 2 weight classes at one point.

Jones has been damn near flawless going through some tough guys at 205.

Maybe when both careers are over, you can compare, but that's hard to do now.

If Jones goes undefeated (Hamill loss don't count to me), it's a no brainer. But we all know how difficult that is in this sport.

Last edited:
Been watching a ton of BJ Penn all day

This dude is a ******* savage man :lol: currently watching his fight against KenFlo and this dude looked like he was on drugs during his walkout :rofl:

Last edited:
The roids play a role for me, that's my opinion

If it comes out that Jones was roiding then it would change things

Both guys are of course great

Last edited:
If anything the fact that bones was partying and doing blow makes it even more expressive

How many ATGs did Anderson beat during his run though?

Are we basing Silva's GOAT status just on him having a dominant reign as champ? Where does Mighty Mouse stand then?

Last edited:
Jones > Spider and it's not even close

Mauricio-Rua.jpg

rampage-chains-tee.jpg

dfd0874e7814914f6d9b421977138926.jpg

rashad_evans_wins_ufc_belt-26911.jpg

vitor-belfort.jpg

474577258-anthony-rumble-johnson-places-the-belt-on-gettyimages.jpg

:smh:

Last edited:
How many ATGs did Anderson beat during his run though?

Are we basing Silva's GOAT status just on him having a dominant reign as champ? Where does Mighty Mouse stand then?

Joe rogan said that his P4P GOAT is Mighty Mouse.

But then again he says everything is the greatest of all time

Joe rogan said that his P4P GOAT is Mighty Mouse.

But then again he says everything is the greatest of all time
Love Rogan but he really thinks every fighter that's ever stepped foot inside the octagon is in the conversation of GOAT 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom