The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

hendricks is garbage,, that stand and beng approach isn't going to cut it anymore
what was the last hendricks fight u watched??? he has been more wrestling based in all his fights since the gsp fight. he went to wrestling immediately for wonderboy and got shutdown, not like he wasn't trying to wrestle, he just couldn't get close enough

I think a magny-hendricks fight would be a good measurement to see how good magny really is. Hendricks is far from trash, it was Wonderboys night that fight. Hendricks really needs to stop trying to lay on people whether it's his wrestling or the clinch. He obviously can stand and trade which has served him well for the most part.

Speaking of Wonderboy, can't wait for the Rory fight. This should tell us if hes the true #1 contender.

And what is the next ww title fight going to be? I know Woodley hasn't fought in a while but is that still the rumored next shot? Seems like Dana and co. could be waiting to see if gsp really returns or maybe something random like matching up Nick Diaz for the rematch lol. But outside of the Penn fight Nicks fights have not been too exciting in his latest ufc stint.

watched a bunch of jon jones fights

besides being boring...it seems he does not have knockout power or that knockout punch...like a mark hunt for example

someone that does is gonna come along and ko him eventually

not this cormier dude tho i don't think...cause he doesn't have heavy hands either - from what i've seen

if jones has bulked up...maybe he can achieve having ko power...but i don't know...he should have it already by this point

Last edited:
jones has a solid chin and has fought heavy hitters. anthony johnson has the scariest power in the sport though. If he catches jones with something he'll probably drop.

he does have a decent chin

but he would be on another level completely if he had that ko punch
a lot that have it - have had it their whole adult lives...they just had to develop it for mma

Mir saying that one single punch from Hunt was the hardest hit he's ever taken in his life and that he would've dieded if Hunt went to the ground.

Rothwell is a beast too. Dude hits like a truck with both hands and if he gets a hold of your neck he'll try to crush it like he did to barnett. I think he could be the champ soon.

watched a bunch of jon jones fights

besides being boring...it seems he does not have knockout power or that knockout punch...like a mark hunt for example

someone that does is gonna come along and ko him eventually

not this cormier dude tho i don't think...cause he doesn't have heavy hands either - from what i've seen

if jones has bulked up...maybe he can achieve having ko power...but i don't know...he should have it already by this point
Nobody has Mark Hunt KO power except Mark Hunt. Comparing him to one of heaviest HW hitters of all time is random

Your opinion, I find Jones highly entertaining. Cormier makes fights boring. Glover fight was boring. Other than that he put on a show in every single UFC match he's had

Yeah idk you could possibly find Jon Jones boring. He's probably my favorite fighter to watch. He's technical, creative, tactical. I love ig

what about jones lack of a ko punch?
What about his excellent Muay Thai? His spinning back elbows, his great work utilizing the clinch. His eye pokes even 
laugh.gif

My favorite fight of his is either Stephan Bonner or Shogun. He picked those two "legends" absolutely apart

People need to come to terms with the fact that calculated strikers aren't always going to show KO power.

Doesn't mean they don't HAVE it and that they can't still be very entertaining fighters to watch.

Also, Jones has been fighting #1 contenders for years now. Those aren't going to be easy KO's. You can't get to the title fight unless you can take some punches.

Last edited:
Maybe I need to re-watch Jon Jones past fights as I don't remember him having excellent muay thai. I also need to see him with fighters his size and reach. That Gus fight is almost 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom