The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Maybe I need to re-watch Jon Jones past fights as I don't remember him having excellent muay thai. I also need to see him with fighters his size and reach. That Gus fight is almost 3 years ago.

His clinch work is great. That's where a lot of his takedowns come from. Those outside trips :pimp:

I've been very vocal in this thread about my thoughts on JBJ being the greatest of all time.

I'm interested to see where you guys rank him and why?

I assume most would agree. I'm wondering who people have at 2 and 3. fedor and anderson?

If he's not it then who is?

In my mind he's undefeated. He's cleared out some tough competition, including several legends in the sport. He's extremely well rounded.

I've been very vocal in this thread about my thoughts on JBJ being the greatest of all time.

I'm interested to see where you guys rank him and why?

there are a few i'd rank higher w/o any thought...fedor & anderson silva, royce gracie

would be a few more if i pondered it and/or can add favorites

Last edited:
I dont see how jones should have been fighting in heavy weight. The guy has ran thru the lhw division with relative ease after and if he beats tumble then he should move up. But by no means is he a true hw

He's already beaten DC.. His last test at 205 is rumble.

After that I can see him competing at HW.

But he does not need to go up to HW to be considered goat.. That's nonsense :lol:

Silva lost to Chris Weidman....twice. And Michael ****** Bisping. And he's the GOAT? NAHHHHHH

I got fedor as the greatest HW but not the greatest period.

He's been clearing out smaller guys at LHW this whole time, now he's done a good job at it but Gustafson is the only guy at 6'5 that gave hi this toughest fight.  Jones rehydrates back up to 221 lbs on fight night.  He's 6'4 but the way his body is built he has a short torso and really long arms and legs he's all limbs which gives him an advantage.  That's why he has a longer reach than every fighter even in the HW division.  The best HWs were never usually the big ones from Cro Cop who  was 6'2 and fighting HWs at 212-213 lbs at 1 point.  Randy Couture, Kevin Randleman, Fedor, Igor vovchanchyn, Mark Coleman etc.  Even Cormier was fighting at HW.

He's been clearing out smaller guys at LHW this whole time, now he's done a good job at it but Gustafson is the only guy at 6'5 that gave hi this toughest fight.  Jones rehydrates back up to 221 lbs on fight night.  He's 6'4 but the way his body is built he has a short torso and really long arms and legs he's all limbs which gives him an advantage.  That's why he has a longer reach than every fighter even in the HW division.  The best HWs were never usually the big ones from Cro Cop who  was 6'2 and fighting HWs at 212-213 lbs at 1 point.  Randy Couture, Kevin Randleman, Fedor, Igor vovchanchyn, Mark Coleman etc.  Even Cormier was fighting at HW.

But we're supposed to fault him for his reach? And the fact that he rehydrated 16 lbs on fight night when most fighters cut 10-15 lbs anyways? What he lacks in muscle, he makes up for in length. Fighting has always been about using your build to your advantage.

Never mind the fact that's he's an excellent, calculated and technical striker. He was able to take down an Olympic wrestler and the only experience he has is JuCo wresting. Nevermind the fact that his ground and pound is deadly and his BJJ is solid. Or that his takedown defense is superb.

All the while with not having a black belt in any major martial art?

Last edited:
Jones made it look so easy guys out here trying to discredit what he's done.. This isnt jumping 10lbs from featherweight to LW.. After 205 you fighting giants :lol:

1. Anderson Silva

2. JBJ

3. GSP 

That's just me. What Silva did during his undefeated run was filthy 
sick.gif

Jones is already in the conversation for GOAT and he's only just started training full time :smh:

If he beat DC, Rumble and the HW champion it would be beyond question. All of which are very probable imo.

He already beat DC, he's got nothing left to prove to him. He's got everything to lose and virtually nothing to gain except a title he never lost and the "respect" of the fans again. Most of which respect his skill level, whether they like the person or not.

I would love love love to see Silva vs Jones but they already said they would never fight and silva is washed at this point.

I got Uriah hall beating silva. Dude is a dangerous dangerous man. I cringe every time I watch the TUF KO

Rewatched DC/JBJ fight. It was anyone's fight thru 3 rounds. DC looked gased after 3 and jones dominant round 4. And round 5 was just the 2 hugging each other. Not convinced on this being easy for bones like everyone is thinking

Back
Top Bottom