The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

:smh: dude looks crazy making that cut for 145, he needs to defend the belt tho. I'd much rather see Conor vs. Frankie or Aldo for the title than vs. Nate again.

If Conor is going to solely rely on his speed and movement then he needs to stick to the lower weight class. All that bulking up isn't a good look for him at 170. He looked slow and lethargic against Diaz and if he gets gassed it's over for him.

Question though, what exactly deems a Holloway rematch? The fact he went the distance? I don't see the need for it. Much rather see Frankie and then Aldo.

If Conor is going to solely rely on his speed and movement then he needs to stick to the lower weight class. All that bulking up isn't a good look for him at 170. He looked slow and lethargic against Diaz and if he gets gassed it's over for him.

Question though, what exactly deems a Holloway rematch? The fact he went the distance? I don't see the need for it. Much rather see Frankie and then Aldo.
He's on a 8 fight winning streak since losing to Conor. I think Edgar should get the fight too , and let Aldo fight Max.

I've been thinking about it all weekend and still don't have a clue why Conor wants the rematch.

-Nate will have a full camp and thus, his cardio and movement will be better
-Nate still has the reach/length advantage
-Nate ate his best shots
-Nate can still work him on the ground if he gets him there

Unless his gameplan is counter-striking, working the leg/body, less spinning **** and fewer power shots... he's gonna get washed again. Even if he employs this for the first couple rounds, Nate's pace will catch up later in the fight.

In 22 pro fights, Conor has made it to the third round once (Halloway). Since 2010, Nate has had 7 fights go > 14 minutes (including a 5 rounder that went the distance).

Such a stupid move by McGregor. :smh: Stop being prideful and defend your belt.
1. Win or lose he still holds the featherweight belt
2. Nate Diaz is probably still the easier fight than Frankie due to Frankie's wrestling. This was already a debate but it's just what Conor and Dana could be thinking
3. Conor has pride and wants to avenge his loss without going through a huge weight cut

Conor is mainly a striker so losing that fight on the feet probably hit his ego (and yeah Nate choked him out, but it was from Conor panic wreslting to avoid the KO).

If he got taken down all match I'm sure he could write that off, but almost getting KO'd by Nate on the feet probably ***** with him. I can definitely see why he would want that one back, but I still don't think the immediate rematch is the right move

Last edited:
Conor is mainly a striker so losing that fight on the feet probably hit his ego (and yeah Nate choked him out, but it was from Conor panic wreslting to avoid the KO).

If he got taken down all match I'm sure he could write that off, but almost getting KO'd by Nate on the feet probably ***** with him. I can definitely see why he would want that one back, but I still don't think the immediate rematch is the right move

dood conors career started flashing before his eyes after he got rocked with that 1-2 :lol: :lol:

and jones literally just beat cormier in this interview right here.....called this dood BETA and he was his superior :x :x :x :x

Cormier is gonna come out like aldo lol

waiting for the jones/cormier odds to balloon so i can take DC :smokin

they edited that interview out according to joe rogan.after calling himself an alpha, he called DC a P(meow)Y

Last edited:
Pride. Lol idiot.

That really is the only reason I can think of too

So he gets paid again vs Diaz... I think he loses
But he's still a champ so then gets paid again to defend the belt...
If he wins, he gets some juice back and he continues to defend the belt and make money
If he loses, he still secured 2 big paydays and then who knows what happens
I guess it's starting to make sense to me from Conor's point of view

Yeah, his pride might become his downfall. Might be smart for him to weigh in under 170 though since people were saying he didn't carry the extra weight well.

DC did go 5rounds with Jones. If odds get crazy I'll throw some coin on DC. I'm from milwaukee so obviously pettis is my guy. He is in a must win situation on the same card that night

DC won a round the first time around. Jones ring rust might allow another round to DC in the rematch

Could be closer but more due to the fact that Jon has been out. DC hasn't made improvements to have me thinking he's a better fighter

waiting for the jones/cormier odds to balloon so i can take DC
smokin.gif

they edited that interview out according to joe rogan.after calling himself an alpha, he called DC a P(meow)Y
doesnt calling him a p meow mean he's scared?? he fought him once and is fighting him again, how is he a pmeow lol
DC won a round the first time around. Jones ring rust might allow another round to DC in the rematch

Could be closer but more due to the fact that Jon has been out. DC hasn't made improvements to have me thinking he's a better fighter
He showed an improvement from fading in the jones fight to turning it on later in the Gus fight to win. Came back from adversity in both Johnson and Gus fights. 

Also thought he won 2 rounds and 1 was close i think the 3rd

You realize the difference in caliber between a perhaps downhill gus and jones...

It's easier not to fade against gus

I thought jones won clear 4 rounds

“For everybody who bought a Break Bones shirt.....take it back now, you’re wasting your money”

:pimp:

Last edited:
dood conors career started flashing before his eyes after he got rocked with that 1-2 :lol: :lol:

and jones literally just beat cormier in this interview right here.....called this dood BETA and he was his superior :x :x :x :x

Cormier is gonna come out like aldo lol

:smh: Jones stays punking this dude. I thought it couldn't get worse than "Do you think I'm just going to sit there and let you kill me, Jon?"

DC did go 5rounds with Jones. If odds get crazy I'll throw some coin on DC. I'm from milwaukee so obviously pettis is my guy. He is in a must win situation on the same card that night

Yeah man, I'm not confident enough to bet on it just yet unless the odds get crazy, but I'm still not counting Cormier out yet. I'm sure I'm in the minority but dude is still 1b at light heavyweight and Jones is coming off a decent layoff.

Also I just found out that Cormier had an infant daughter that was killed when his girflriend's car got hit in an accident back in 03 :smh:, terrible. I think dude has alot of real reasons to legitimately dislike Jones as a person, he's definitely not gonna be lacking motivation going into this fight. Jones is still Jones tho, and Cormier has to have made some real improvements if he's gonna win, but we'll see what happens.

“For everybody who bought a Break Bones shirt.....take it back now, you’re wasting your money”

:pimp:

That **** was hard :lol:. Man I don't see either of these dudes quitting. It's gonna be a dog fight.

Last edited:
they gotta have the fight at 170 so they can continue to talk about rda and robbie

yall gotta understand, if connor takes this one, to the ufc it'll be like that first fight never happened

after the first fight, you had fighters saying "get your *** back to 145"

nope, ufc gotta get that one back

Last edited:
Wow, Ariel on MMA Hour today basically all but saying Nate vs Conor is official for UFC 200 at 170 lbs.

He said the only reason he didn't say it was official was because he has respect for the UFC to announce it officially themselves. He said Nate, Conor and Dana all want it

What a joke on Conor's side and Dana's side

Conor SCARED to lose his belt even when he said he "didn't give a **** about the belt". Liar

Last edited:
Wow, Ariel on MMA Hour today basically all but saying Nate vs Conor is official for UFC 200 at 170 lbs.

He said the only reason he didn't say it was official was because he has respect for the UFC to announce it officially themselves. He said Nate, Conor and Dana all want it

What a joke on Conor's side and Dana's side

Conor SCARED to lose his belt even when he said he "didn't give a **** about the belt". Liar

#Conor ****BoyBless

Last edited:
The "needle mover" comment from Dana on Diaz originated at the Dublin card with Conor. How ******* ironic 

I'm hoping for a change of heart and for Conor to be a man and fight Frankie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom