The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I hate Conor as much as the next man but he took his L and moved on. Aldo out here calling this guy a pussycat and all this other stuff, questioning his ability and even said he ain't got power in his hands and the man put him to sleep..dont care if it was one of them flash ones.. It happened doesn't matter if it was 13 seconds in or 10 seconds left in the 5th.. It happened.

Last edited:
Chill, I'm not disrespecting the guy. I'm a huge fan of the Diaz brothers but Nate and Nick are both lanky dudes with slow feet, and they're not traditionally strong or explosive guys. They have ridiculous cardio, but basically if you ran them through a bunch of tests in a combine they're not coming out with high scores.

But my point is, regardless of all that, they have skills and a really good chin and that's why a dude like Nate took an "athletic" guy that "moves" like Conor moves out in 2 rounds, because his skill (and his chin) outweighed whatever he lacked athletically.

But athleticism can be defined in alot of ways so instead I'll just say Conor got his *** whipped by one of the slower, least explosive fighters in the ufc.

Last edited:
:lol: at "combine" scores for fighters.

That Jamarcus Russell logic.

Diaz bros do triathlons for fun and compete at an elite level in their chosen sport.

I've been thinking about it all weekend and still don't have a clue why Conor wants the rematch.

-Nate will have a full camp and thus, his cardio and movement will be better
-Nate still has the reach/length advantage
-Nate ate his best shots
-Nate can still work him on the ground if he gets him there

Unless his gameplan is counter-striking, working the leg/body, less spinning **** and fewer power shots... he's gonna get washed again. Even if he employs this for the first couple rounds, Nate's pace will catch up later in the fight.

In 22 pro fights, Conor has made it to the third round once (Halloway). Since 2010, Nate has had 7 fights go > 14 minutes (including a 5 rounder that went the distance).

Such a stupid move by McGregor. :smh: Stop being prideful and defend your belt.

Last edited:
It's All About The Benjamins Baby!

Win Lose or Draw. Conor can still go and defend the title. If Conor goes to defend the title first and loses, what would be next?

Everybody involved except for Diaz is hesging their bets at this point.

Nate Diaz spars with Andre Ward

I doubt Conor offers anything greater with his boxing

It's All About The Benjamins Baby!

I know. Conor's mantra has always been "get in, get paid, get out" but c'mon... do you really want Nate Diaz to be the guy to completely demolish your hypetrain?

He loses to Nate again, goes down to 145 and gets pillowfisted by lil' Frankie... three losses in a row and now he doesn't have a title to fall back on.

I know. Conor's mantra has always been "get in, get paid, get out" but c'mon... do you really want Nate Diaz to be the guy to completely demolish your hypetrain?

He loses to Nate again, goes down to 145 and gets pillowfisted by lil' Frankie... three losses in a row and now he doesn't have a title to fall back on.

He loses to Nate then gets pillowfisted by lil Frankie and then what? The only difference in your scenario is him losing the monster check from Diaz 2 at UFC200.

His aura already took a hit. He losses to Diaz again, he'll get clowned surely but it's the expected outcome right now. They'll spin that narrative so McGregor/Edgar can be marketable. Now if he pulls off the upset ahainst Diaz, all of a sudden he's Mystic Mac hypetrain again.

He loses to Nate again, goes down to 145 and gets pillomwfisted by lil' Frankie... three losses in a row and now he doesn't have a title to fall back on.
its not a fighters mentality to see negatives, particulary ones "down the line"

that damn powder got him dellusional he really believes he can pick nate apart if he doesnt adrenaline dump in the first

I also believe Mcgoats camp thinks the money and win off no camp will have him off his game... thinkin he really doesnt need a camp, Mcgregor will bring in a dozen 6 foot 2 boxers from Ireland, rework his strategy... and then get submitted in third LOL

Diaz bros do triathlons for fun and compete at an elite level in their chosen sport.

The point is Conor being able to "move" like he moves didn't help him vs a "stuck in the mud" slow footed fighter, which is the exact opposite of what he was selling.

Conor does have excellent movement tho. For some reason he decided to throw power shots and spinning kicks like some 12 year old spamming X and O on the PS4.

He loses to Nate then gets pillowfisted by lil Frankie and then what?

Bellator, I assume.

The point is Conor being able to "move" like he moves didn't help him vs a "stuck in the mud" slow footed fighter, which is the exact opposite of what he was selling.

The point is, Nate's fighting style does not make him less "athletic", which is what you were selling.

I get what Conor was selling. Not EVERYONE was buying though (though I will say, I did think he would beat Nate because he'd attack the lead leg as Dos Anjos did and the body more).

Last edited:
11 days to try and adjusts to 170, your conditioning is going to be way off. His spin kicks looked like he was in slow motion

11 days to try and adjusts to 170, your conditioning is going to be way off. His spin kicks looked like he was in slow motion

What adjustment did he even have to make doe?

Nate v. Conor was basically two 155ers choosing not to cut weight.

If they the fight was at 155, Conor would have walked into the cage at the same weight, but would not have gone through a cut.

If anything, fighting at 170 helped Conor

The point is, Nate's fighting style does not make him less "athletic", which is what you were selling.

I get what Conor was selling. Not EVERYONE was buying though (though I will say, I did think he would beat Nate because he'd attack the lead leg as Dos Anjos did and the body more).

And I already explained that using the word "athletic" was probably innacurate because it has a broad definition.

Last edited:
How is Conor even planning on getting back down to 145 after taking two straight fights at 170 tho. If the cut was bad before it'll probably be liable to kill him now. Makes you wonder if he's actually planning on going back to 145 at all

conor was putting on a show and wasted a lot of energy going for the KO
don't get me wrong still, think nate would beat him

I really do love the fact that he sold this whole "they dont move the way I move" stuff and then proceeded to get his *** whipped by one of the slower, least athletic fighters in the ufc :lol: . Good stuff

and dudes was believing every word. dman was in here saying he could move up to heavyweight. :rofl:

if there's money to be made by going up...

no way he makes that cut to 145 again :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom