The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

What? Joanna's fights have been pretty awesome to watch. Looking forward to her rematch with Claudia.

A couple of awesome fights (in your opinion) don't make it less of a joke. Women's MMA is behind where men's MMA twenty years again and always will be. A handful of women that look decent or skilled against unskilled opponents shows how terrible it is. The state of women's MMA is a joke when you could have a girl train/ fight for a year and challenge for the title within a 100yh of the skill/ability of the worst fighters in men's MMA.

I don't care if it is an unpopular opinion in this thread, women's combat sports have always been and always will be terrible. They generally lack the physical tools and abilities that the sport requires.

Well i'm not going to say it's terrible when I enjoy watching some of the female fighters and fights. It's not wnba status where it's unwatchable. A lot of men's fights on ufc cards that I just change the channel or go and do something else. If Joanna, Claudia, Miesha, Zingano, Namajunas, Calderwood, and Valentina are fighting i'll check it out.

I'm sure Conor has decent BJJ but compared to Nate and a lot of other guys it's not anywhere close so yeah he's gonna get exposed on the ground. His wrestling is atrocious as well so he def needs to work on those things going forward.

When and why did GSP retire? Wasn't he in his prime? Injury? You guys are very knowledgeable, Awesome thread
latest

Last edited:
I'll admit though the only reason I would cheer for the Diaz bros was cause they are fighting out of NorCal. Other than that I was always a fan of propped up fighters.

Silva, aldo, Roy Nelson (lol) . Etc. all but mcgregor.

But the Diaz bros have been doing their thing. I just didn't give them the credit they deserve.

Let's stop talking about how Conor lost and moreso about how Nate won. 
Like I said before the fight Nate has experience at 170

He's felt the power of 170s

Conors power is nothing in comparison

Nate's BJJ is far superior

BJJ is Conors weakness, his 3 losses are all from sub

What would a male fighter have done? Go for an ankle lock? Doesn't look like a person can do much when the arm is slipped under their chin anway.
when someone crosses their feet from back mount, they're giving up an excruciatingly painful ankle lock to their opponent. they teach you not to cross your feet on your first day of back mount work at any BJJ school. so painful that your opponent will let go of the RNC to relieve the ankle lock.

i had my **** snapped my first couple months of BJJ because i crossed my feet. learned the hard way.

guys that get away with it are typically higher on their opponent's back, which avoids the ankle lock.

BJ Penn used to cross his feet from backmount to trap a guys arm, but he had crazy leg dexterity which allowed him to keep his legs high on his opponent from anywhere. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
when someone crosses their feet from back mount, they're giving up an excruciatingly painful ankle lock to their opponent. they teach you not to cross your feet on your first day of back mount work at any BJJ school. so painful that your opponent will let go of the RNC to relieve the ankle lock.

i had my **** snapped my first couple months of BJJ because i crossed my feet. learned the hard way.

guys that get away with it are typically higher on their opponent's back, which avoids the ankle lock.

BJ Penn used to cross his feet from backmount to trap a guys arm, but he had crazy leg dexterity which allowed him to keep his legs high on his opponent from anywhere. :x  

I actually noticed the same thing when they replayed the finish on Saturday night. First thing i thought was "damn, Holly could have used her leg to lock up Tate's crossed feet". I remember when i was a white belt, i had someone in a RNC and i made the rookie mistake of crossing my feet. I ended up tearing something in my knee b/c my partner just put pressure on my crossed feet with his own foot. from that day on, i made sure to never do that again.

Not saying that would have saved Holm, but Tate could have done that technique better to minimize any potential risk.

nate 8)

lol the sting of all these new MMA/Conor fans is a joy to watch.....

welcome to the sport.

Conor got some work to do, everyone bout to be shooting on the irishman now.....just like pettis.

He better be ready.

This MMA man, EVERYONE looses......you gotta loose to evolve man, all the most complete fighters in the game have lost, learned and came back.

Conor will be no exepction, his stand up is at peak., leave that alone.

He need to put serious work in on that wresting and BJJ for the next few years and he could be really scary AF.

Alwasy said its going to be fun watching his career, and its been a ride so far :smokin cant wait to see whats next.

Nate, well deserved, been in the game for a minute....pioneer status for the UFC 8)

Damn cant wait to see a motivated nate in his next fight :nerd:

holly!!! Damn girl, she'll be back she a true champ.....she know how to loose....hopefully she back sooner than later.

GREAT card......

Some of the dancers on that show are hot AF. I think antonio brown got that smokin redhead. paige trying to get that mainstream exposure and build up her brand.

So what's next for Nate? A bout against RDA, in hopes of setting up a Conor vs. Nate rematch (or Conor vs. RDA after he defends his FW title)? Or a bout against Lawler, which apparently Dana White said "makes sense"?

we've already seen RDA/nate
it's got to be a big fight as well. i would bet it would be lawler for the title

would love to see khabib and nate, but not sure how that draws

Last edited:
Some of the dancers on that show are hot AF. I think antonio brown got that smokin redhead. paige trying to get that mainstream exposure and build up her brand.
Karina Smirnoff.
nthat.gif

Pretty sure AC Slater tore that up.

Tyron Woodley the Frankie Edgar of the WW division. Dudes constantly getting passed up for a title shot

Who would've thought that 30 years later human cockfighting would be the springboard for women that can't hack it to become D-List celebrities.

We've come a long way folks.

Back
Top Bottom