The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Problem is Conor has beaten nobody at 155 and just lost to a top 5 155lber. Styles make fights isn't an argument for him fighting RDA anymore, considering RDA will wak through Conor.

Mystic Mac predicted his own loss.. don't think I can post the streamable since it shows his interview pre fight and shows footage from the fight.

laugh.gif
 At him saying Nates BJJ was overrated and he has no positional understanding at all 

Last edited:
Well, Conor beat Mendes, then Aldo, who seemed unbeatable. I could SOMEWHAT understand the justification for Conor to skip the 155 line even though after a while it didn't really sit well with me

Edgar's resume doesn't make sense to me as to him cutting the line at 155. It would make sense to me for him to skip at 135 though

Conor beat Mendes on 18 days notice for Mendes.

I'll still give Mendes a pass for that. His gas tank was already in question and if anything, it was further compromised by a shortened camp.

I'll give him full credit for annihilating Aldo. Can't take anything away from that man for that. He thoroughly mind-****** Aldo and then he buried him.

Frankie hasn't been sitting around doing jack though. He's on a 5 fight tear and was competitive against Aldo.

The UFC needs to do something with Frankie. 135? Maybe. But Frankie himself has said that "you never know how your body would react".

Last edited:
"I am now a believer in the Diaz bros"

You mean Nate's 14 performance of the night bonuses in 22 fights didn't make you a believer? smh.

The more Diaz fans the better.  Too many fighters get propped up, but Nick and Nate have been real ones since day one.  Can't wait until Nick returns in August.

Last edited:
He is new to mma, cut him some slack fellas

Seriously, the man literally just said it himself :lol:

But like was said earlier though, check Nick's strikeforce run, and his pre strikeforce run too, specifically Nick vs Robbie Lawler, and Nick vs. Gomi, those two fights in particular were probably two of the fights that started building his reputation.

Nate has some dope fights too, pretty much any fight he's had that he won in the UFC was a fight of the night type fight, just check them all out.

Last edited:
Mendes didn't expose anything, he took him down like he does to everyone else.

I guess you can say he exposed his TDD if you want, but not his ability on the mat.

If Conor's ground game was terrible, Mendes would've submitted him and won that fight but Conor actually scrambled out of the submission attempt.

Conor got underneath Nate in that first round and swept him, you don't do that to BJJ black belts if you're a scrub on the mat.

You dont give up your back with your hands flat on the mat if your not cheeks on the ground. Sry bud. Also he dpesnt seem to know what hip escaping is or isloating a limb.

He was tired. Yes

Hes not good on the ground though

I think you guys are overanalyzing McGregor BJJ in respect to this match. Conor was done as soon as Diaz clippedhim. He buckled and was walking dead at that point. He gave up his back because he was trying not to get hit anymore.

I wouldn't give Conor too much credit for "sweeping" Diaz in the first. Nate was Stockton slapping his *** and had no respect for Conors bjj so he pulled guard with no hesitation or worry and slapping him while doing so.

Last edited:
I thought I just saw pvz or someone who looks like her on abc and part of that stupid dancing show.

Was on the ug and someone posted that Nate had bet on himself. I'm pretty sure it's legal just not the other way not a finish?

What? Joanna's fights have been pretty awesome to watch. Looking forward to her rematch with Claudia.

A couple of awesome fights (in your opinion) don't make it less of a joke. Women's MMA is behind where men's MMA twenty years again and always will be. A handful of women that look decent or skilled against unskilled opponents shows how terrible it is. The state of women's MMA is a joke when you could have a girl train/ fight for a year and challenge for the title within a 100th of the skill/ability of the worst fighters in men's MMA.

I don't care if it is an unpopular opinion in this thread, women's combat sports have always been and always will be terrible. They generally lack the physical tools and abilities that the sport requires.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom