The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Who knows what Frankie/RDA will do against Conor, we haven't seen them fight.

I remember dudes were saying Aldo was gonna expose Conor on the ground if it went there, too.

How'd that work out?

COULD they get the better of him on the mat?
Yea, I guess, if it makes it there.

All's I'm saying is that his ability on the mat is a lot better than people think it is.

Put a half dead Royce Gracie on the mat and I can probably finish him but there is no way in hell that I'm ever sweeping that dude on the mat, ever, not even if he's half dead, :lol:

That's nice, Keko, but you don't need a full camp to remember how to finish a sub.

He had the position and Conor got out.

FACTS, B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who knows what Frankie/RDA will do against Conor, we haven't seen them fight.

I remember dudes were saying Aldo was gonna expose Conor on the ground if it went there, too.

How'd that work out?

COULD they get the better of him on the mat?
Yea, I guess, if it makes it there.

All's I'm saying is that his ability on the mat is a lot better than people think it is.

Put a half dead Royce Gracie on the mat and I can probably finish him but there is no way in hell that I'm ever sweeping that dude on the mat, ever, not even if he's half dead,
laugh.gif
Well if his ability on the Mats are a lot better than what people say they are - how come he was passed mounted and submitted within seconds??? A person with a half decent game could of have fought a bit longer .....

When Connor took Nate down you saw Nate right away stopped the pass from the bottom and reverse the position .. everything else was fundumentals and the lack of an experience ground guy ... Connor didn't even attempt to tuck the chin to protect the neck ...

is cool man - we understand .... To call Connor a champ at 155 is a joke being that Nate also fights at 155 ... just saying bruh

Dude, you could've mounted Conor at that point, he was finished, :lol:

He was finished the moment Nate landed that 1, 2, IMO.

I just think it was hilarious how at the beginning of rd 2 Conor was telling Nate that he could go all day, then proceeds to gas out, :lol:

Also hilarious how he turned into a panic wrestler.

Dude, you could've mounted Conor at that point, he was finished,
laugh.gif

He was finished the moment Nate landed that 1, 2, IMO.

I just think it was hilarious how at the beginning of rd 2 Conor was telling Nate that he could go all day, then proceeds to gas out,
laugh.gif

Also hilarious how he turned into a panic wrestler.
roll.gif
- sure man - spin the **** any which way  you want it ....

Nate said it best ...

You got subbed by nobodies .....

You can't even give us a legitimate argument about his ground game beside a sweep. 

Last edited:

Bravo concedes that even his purple belts have mounted him. He also vouches for Conor's BJJ.

Listen, we all know Conor's BJJ, in a vacuum, is legit. But in the UFC, where BJJ black belts are a dime a dozen HIS BJJ/overall ground game pales in comparison to others.

When he got tagged he obviously wasn't all there. So that compounds the issue.

But had Nate got Conor's back early on, before both fighters worked up a sweat? I still think Nate would've finished Conor.

Last edited:
Don't matter. I doubt he'll be attacking much off his back if Frankie or rda take him down.

Na, that's the thing, they don't all know his BJJ is legit, :lol:

I mean, compared to other guys, it's a bit of a liability.

Cowboy, RDA & Nate....Frankie is a BJJ black-belt and we all know his wrestling is ******* nasty so put him in that list too....Conor isn't ******* with these guys on the ground.

But again, in a vacuum, Conor's BJJ is legit. Unless someone is a prodigy it takes YEARS to even attain a brown belt. Talking as long as 10 years for a lot of guys to get their black belt.

I remember Joe Rogan was in tears when he got his 10th Planet black belt from Eddie Bravo.

Conor isn't even there yet. I'll absolutely defer to Eddie ******* Bravo every time he says someone is legit. However this is the UFC, all these guys are legit, and there's levels to this. As far as Conor goes? He's got to pick his poison going forward because he's not at the same level as a lot of possible future opponents.

Last edited:
Conor's coach prefers Aldo to be the next match

I personally hope that it's Frankie, it's only fair. He's been waiting too long

Heh, I don't even care anymore. How about Conor and Aldo go at it again and.....Frankie vs RDA? :evil:....

After RDA heals up of course...

Last edited:
Not even gonna lie, I'll be mad if Frankie doesn't get the next shot @ Conor.

Aldo's really rubbed me the wrong way w/ everything he's said after the L.

Heh, I don't even care anymore. How about Conor and Aldo go at it again and.....Frankie vs RDA?
devil.gif

After RDA heals up of course...
Ever since I found out Frankie and RDA are managed by the same guy I've wondered if they would ever consider fighting. I guess it doesn't really matter and I don't think they are close friends or anything but it's interesting to me 

RDA v. Frankie in what? Fifa 16? Because Frankie damb sure doesn't deserve a title fight at 155 :lol:

I say give him Conor at 145. But I ain't really mad if they give Aldo the rematch instead.

Last edited:
RDA v. Frankie in what? Fifa 16? Because Frankie damb sure doesn't deserve a title fight at 155 :lol:

I say give him Conor at 145. But I ain't really mad if they give Aldo the rematch instead.

:lol: C'mon man...Bendo just had Frankie's card is all. Gotta give it to Bendo, he has fantastic defensive wrestling. Guy frustrating to watch at times but he was the perfect foil for Frankie.

Conor vs Frankie please.. that bum Aldo doesn't deserve a damn thing. All this terrible smack talk after Conor losing makes him look so stupid.

:lol: C'mon man...Bendo just had Frankie's card is all. Gotta give it to Bendo, he has fantastic defensive wrestling. Guy frustrating to watch at times but he was the perfect foil for Frankie.

Hell nah famb. :lol:

Frankie should not get his shot at 155, not to leap frog a bunch of guys he hasn't faced at 155 just because Dana is playing games.

If they pass he over, he can fight TJ at 135 for #1 contender spot.

Last edited:

RDA came to the US to train with frankie
Gotta wonder if they'd agree to fight. But I agree with Rusty, Frankie doesn't have real stake to claim a shot at 155. Frankie is probably going to get screwed again if Conor's people want Aldo. Not to mention Aldo never talks trash, so this venom he's spewing towards Conor makes things more interesting. Originally the thought of Conor vs Aldo II was a tough sell due to over saturation and fatigue due to the original delay

Now they have something to work with to have a fresh angle.. that is Aldo acting out of character..

When and why did GSP retire? Wasn't he in his prime? Injury? You guys are very knowledgeable, Awesome thread

When and why did GSP retire? Wasn't he in his prime? Injury? You guys are very knowledgeable, Awesome thread
He left due to 

-Unhappiness with the "steroid testing"

-General fatigue

He was in his prime and coming off a serious knee injury when he beat Hendricks in his last fight. Hendricks arguably won the fight

GSP didn't officially retire, he just said he was taking a break from the sport. He's still training and what not apparently

Last edited:
2 1/2 years ago or so.

He was dealing w/ like severe OCD and was also upset at the lack of drug testing.

Na, that's the thing, they don't all know his BJJ is legit,
laugh.gif
Give it up bro ....

K. Brown can ball, but when compared to other high caliber BB players he's a scrub ....

Connor might be able to get down, but with the avg joes not with high caliber dudes ...

mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom