The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Tyron Woodley the Frankie Edgar of the WW division. Dudes constantly getting passed up for a title shot

as he should.

He ducking and dodging, he always turning fights down and hand selecting opponents. Woodley aint bout that life....he too worried about "his shot".

granted he showed up for the Hendricks fight, but hey **** happens.

He need some more impressive wins IMO, hes a pretender in my eyes.

He beat Gastelum and now he deserves a TS? Nah.

Woodley stuck in no mans land, he too heavy to drop to 55 and he too little to be champ at 70

Who would've thought that 30 years later human cockfighting would be the springboard for women that can't hack it to become D-List celebrities.

We've come a long way folks.

I mean paige's career isn't over after a loss to Rose. But she definitely should be back to training and not wasting time on a crappy reality show.

I was just making light of the recent uptick in a trend that kicked off with Gina Carano.

It is laughable that folks with massive holes in their game are taking huge breaks to dabble in entertainment instead of improving their skills. Kind of shows who takes the sport seriously and who is using it for exposure.

It's still beyond me how Rousey gets movie roles when all she can really do is look grumpy, but can't act. Coupled with not keeping in shape altogether, might as well rename the remake to Texas Roadhouse.

Tyron Woodley the Frankie Edgar of the WW division. Dudes constantly getting passed up for a title shot

as he should.

He ducking and dodging, he always turning fights down and hand selecting opponents. Woodley aint bout that life....he too worried about "his shot".

granted he showed up for the Hendricks fight, but hey **** happens.

He need some more impressive wins IMO, hes a pretender in my eyes.

He beat Gastelum and now he deserves a TS? Nah.

Woodley stuck in no mans land, he too heavy to drop to 55 and he too little to be champ at 70

Yeah I agree Woodley is kind of a pretender, he ain't Frankie for sure. He seems like a good dude and when he shows up the knockouts are impressive, but I couldn't really take him too seriously after the Rory and Jake Shields fights. And even his win over Gastelum wasn't impressive.

That Hendricks fight definitely could've answered some questions about him, but since that didn't go down, I'd say Thompson definitely leapfrogged him in my eyes. Maybe even Demian Maia too if he beats Matt Brown in an impressive way. Woodley hasn't fought since January 2015, if dude doesn't get the next title shot he needs to get out there and KO somebody or he's gonna be looking real irrelevant.

I was just making light of the recent uptick in a trend that kicked off with Gina Carano.

It is laughable that folks with massive holes in their game are taking huge breaks to dabble in entertainment instead of improving their skills. Kind of shows who takes the sport seriously and who is using it for exposure.

Can't disagree with that. I don't think you can maintain position as the top fighter at your weight class when you're only training in between movie roles. And if you can that probably says alot about your competition.

Last edited:
I hate to talk bad about anyone who steps in the cage. Let alone female fighters but Paige doesn't have a mindset like a Holm. She loves all the side stuff that comes with fighting. Obviously, training isn't priority number 1. How silly would a top fighter feel putting anytime in with a dancing partner. When they could be putting that time in the gym... Especially when your last fight was an L. Also, I heard the roadhouse remake got cancelled. Rousey is a terrible actress. Anyway

Last edited:
How silly would a top fighter feel putting anytime in with a dancing partner

PlumpAnimatedArchaeocete.gif

Depends on who you ask...

I still can't get over this guy Ido threatening to jump up on stage and "smack some heads around" with his pool noodle :lol: :lol: :lol: This whole diaz-mcgregor buildup was beautiful, one of the best in a while

I think they should run back Woodley Condit for #1 contender

this aint a bad idea....

especially since woodley running around tlaking about he "beat" los :smh:

Dont know if carlos takes a fight thats not a TS right now....

Im wondering who will get the next shot at robbie....its likely going to be at 200 right?

Carlos makes sense since wonderboy has a fight....

no one tryna see tyron woodley on UFC 200 lol

I usually HATE instant rematches, but carlos and robbie is one of the few exceptions.

speaking of rematches, dude if weidmans looses to luke again hes going to have to go up.....hes approaching Hendricks territory

I didnt think the first fight was close at all, chris MAYBE won the first round.....then proceeded to get finished twice in one fight. He got nothing for Luke.

oh well.

Rockhold destroyed that Trump supporting douche, no reason for a rematch whatsoever. Almost as bad as giving Ronda or Aldo another shot after their embarrassing losses without proving their worth again.

Last edited:
I'm a big Weidman fan and I agree. I hate these instant rematches.

But at that point with everything that happened with Yoel Romero and Jacare, Weidman was the best fight to make IMO

Watched this last night. Nick the tooth had me in TEARS during the taser scene

Plus drinking milk straight from the cow :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: at Dana telling the 155er he shouldnt have gone up weight classes just for him. How ironic Conor does basically the same thing

Last edited:
Nathan Diaz vs GSP [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

latest Gracie breakdown features why you don't cross your ankles when going for RNC, and the details I had posted earlier about Nate finishing Conor on the ground

Back
Top Bottom