The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Card this weekend in Paris is buns. Gane has lost almost all intrigue, Rose moving up to 125 is meh

They were supposed to have Doumbe and Lazy King :smh::sick:

Weidman still making 426k is surprising, good for him.

Garry making 50/50 as a ranked fighter is trash.

Wild. Highest gate in TD Garden history.

I thought Aljo was making 9 figures at this point.

Suga definitely should be making a million.

Weidman who is old and coming off a two year lay off making more than most on the card.

Ehh the battle against livestreams will never end. There will always be folks who find loopholes and those in other countries where the same rules don't apply.

But then says he won’t go to Hawaii because they don’t want to throw money at UFC to host an event there or have cheap venue costs so UFC will never have a card there.
Oahu doesn't have an an indoor arena big enough for a UFC event & the Aloha stadium is an outdoor stadium with an open roof (Rain)

The local tourism authority doesn't want to build a venue big enough to host OR pay for a rain cover for the stadium

Bellator is able to come here because their shows are much smaller and they use the Blaisdell center which usually is used for graduations and comedy shows lol, its tiny.

Its all logistical, Dana been trying to bring UFC here but the local tourism board doesn't want to pay to accommodate such a big show.

we are literally in the middle of the ocean.

I don’t watch the pro bowl so that’s a small shindig attendance wise?

Seems like a tough prospect for the UFC and makes sense why they don’t come versus the other venues with large indoor arenas.

I don’t watch the pro bowl so that’s a small shindig attendance wise?

Seems like a tough prospect for the UFC and makes sense why they don’t come versus the other venues with large indoor arenas.
Not sure how much the NFL was charging the tourism board or if they had some deal in place as the initial game took place in 1980 when the landscape was completely different. I also know there have been talks of Hawaii's board renovating Aloha stadium to have a sun/rain cover but not holding my breath and if it does get off the ground it probably won't happen for 5-10 years. So yea not holding my breath on a UFC Hawaii anytime in the near future.

Totally forgot they don’t have a pro sports team. Crazy.

Definitely makes it a logistical nightmare.

Max may never fight on his home soil.

Like DJ said…MMA is one of the easiest sport where it’s easy to win a title/champion. Doesn’t take away from the risk, low pay, and physical toll.

If ya like that clip, check out !ax’s last interview with Ariel Helwani. He talks a lot about his childhood. Max came from humble beginnings.

It’s crazy. I watched the early UFCs. And then probably got back into it during the GSP/Silva era. Max, Dustin, Jim Miller, Arloski and a handful of others are the last of the early 2010 hey day. They can be gone soon.

For comparison: Aldo won his title in November 2009 and lost it in December 2015
9azkie.gif

GOAT

Yeah, I didn't understand Dana's response. It's A) Give Aljo his rematch. or B) Give Merab the title shot if you're not going to honor Aljo's request for a rematch.

Vince...not disagreeing with you. But the argument by Dana is that Sera/Longo guys don't want to fight for the title. They do. Dana has to make a decision on what's next. Aljo or Merab. Or Chito.

Back
Top Bottom