The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Highlighting again that UFC contracts are trash. Reaching a title should result in permanently receiving PPV Points.

Either way, Champ Champ is trash just like interim titles.
Aren’t the contracts really based on popularity?

Izzy possibly getting $7 mil and possible PPV points is mainly due to his popularity.

Overeem once getting $750K before he was cut was based on his market value prior to coming to the UFC.

And PPV points should be based on factual popularity like say a Jorge Masvidal. Gates and buys are based on butts in seats.
Great performance by Max but yea if Aljo isn't moving up he should just go to 55. Him and Gaethje would be a great fight.
I wouldn’t be mad at Aljo vs Max.

Listening to the MMAfighting post show, and they’re saying Max is 18-0 in FW (minus the Volk fights…and many have him the second despite the judging) since 2014.

I don’t get the Sean vs Topuria matchup. Sean should get a few defenses prior to that talk. BW is a great division. Shouldn’t create a log jam.

Happy retirement to the legend zombie. Not mad at how he went out. It's who he is and has been his whole career. Action fighter to the fullest. Same guy who dominated Yair for 5 rounds and still wanted to throw down only to give us one of the best KOs ever at 24:59. If he wasn't going f to win he was going to go out on his shield.

Rinya Nakamura has all of the tools and skills to be a champion, holy **** that man is ******* good. Give him a top 25 BW next in America.

I heard that Conor announcement is fake. I'd watch if it actually happens but it seems to have lost steam since they were originally announced to do TUF.

I guess we find out about the December PPV in September/October?

Maybe: McGregor/Chandler
Possibly: Jiri/Alex
Possibly: Leon/Colby

Calling for retirement after he just got a highlight reel KO??? Yea no, I get Max been in some wars but I'd say he still continues to fight into his mid 30s at least.

They also should make Volk-Topuria early next year and I think Ilia gets humbled, if Max is still hanging around FW by that point they can go ahead and make that fight sometime next year.

Sterling sounds like he’s in a good place, watched his podcast today

It’s funny how people are giving him love now that he isn’t the champ

Dawg chandler hasn’t wrestled in many many years

I would argue chandler is a more winnable fight for conor since Max’s chin is still holding up

Chandler kind of has a glass chin now

^^So then why argue. Max vs Conor is the bigger fight to make. And folks would be far more invested.

But I’m hoping they throw one of those champion fights LHW or WW on the December card.

I’m just saying- chandler ain’t a wrestler (anymore) so he vs conor makes total sense. They’d stand and bang with zero wrestling

I saw someone suggest Gathje vs Max for the BMF......
giphy.gif

Max really seems set on getting the 145 title back

Not saying a marquee fight with a 155'er wouldn't help that cause- but yeah, I was a little surprised to hear him so steadfast after the Zombie fight. He legitimately said it doesn't matter what he has to do to get that belt back

On the flip side if Volk batters Topuria I'm sure that fight with Islam will be next. This is assuming Islam gets past Charles again... and if Volk wins then a trilogy would probably happen. Max would then probably get an Interim 145 title fight

Back
Top Bottom