The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I feel like Max has done everything he can at 145. He was the people’s winner in the second Volk fight. He had his run. He fought a who’s who.

Just cash checks now. Fun fights. Like maybe Henry, Justin, etc.

Do something else with your life. Little Bless and the beautiful wife are there. He had very humble beginnings and doesn’t have to be tied to the past.

I feel like Max has done everything he can at 145. He was the people’s winner in the second Volk fight. He had his run. He fought a who’s who.

Do something else with your life. Little Bless and the beautiful wife are there. He had very humble beginnings and doesn’t have to be tied to the past.
If he moves up to 155 he mostly gives up his biggest physical advantage as a fighter...height/reach.

Jon Jones wasn’t the same fighter against the Gustafssons and Dominick Reyes of the world, unless he could take them down easily. Adesanya wouldn’t look nearly as dominant at LHW for the same reason imo.

When you’re so used to having a massive height/reach advantage and that’s taken away or minimized, you’re not the same fighter.

That’s what I thought he’d pivot to

But some people are one track mind

Look at Robert Whittaker. Benavidez. etc.

If he moves up to 155 he mostly gives up his biggest physical advantage as a fighter...height/reach.

When you’re so used to having a massive height/reach advantage and that’s taken away or minimized, you’re not the same fighter.
I agree with this especially considering Max is obviously slowing down. He doesn't have the vintage Max fastball

Like, when he fought Dustin- he got beat up pretty badly. But he also dished it back. I can't picture he's anywhere near that anymore. Yes, his defense might have improved marginally but not enough

The power just doesn't seem like it's there

Max is like my favorite fighter. Please don't let him fight Gathje. We don't need that man to go through that kind of war. Connor I am totally down for.

Jon Jones wasn’t the same fighter against the Gustafssons and Dominick Reyes of the world, unless he could take them down easily. Adesanya wouldn’t look nearly as dominant at LHW for the same reason imo.

I like Davey participation. I decided to look up Max’s height/reach in the UFC app. He’s taller than most LWs, besides Dan Hooker. He does give up reach to a good portion of them.

His issue with the Porier fight was the weight difference. He probably gave up at least 10 pounds, and you saw it in the force of the punches from Porier. Now, admittedly, Porier is a good boxer and can pack a decent punch. While Max has never really been a heavy puncher, more of a volume and damage through accumulation. But if Max had maybe moved up like JBJ and had a good camp acclimating to it, maybe the result would have been better.

He can still move up. But there’s definitely going to be some savage fights. And he’s accumulated a lot during his career, despite his young age.

There’s nothing left for him at feather weight. He could try to chase gold at LW. Or he can try to cash out w money fights. Or retire.

Max can compete, even beat the action fighters of 155. He may be coming to the last couple years of his prime but in no way do I see a drop in form. Hes a much smarter fighter now. Since he took that first Volk L, he doesnt just head hunt anymore. Got much better at mixing his attacks. He used to never throw leg kicks before that fight now he's throwing almost 30-50 fight.

He was never a big puncher and I don't think he's had a reach advantage over any title challenger. Maybe Frankie? Man's got t-rex arms. Him and Dustin is a closer and better fight now than it was at 236, imo.

Only concern I have is when the wars catch up to his chin. But I've been saying it would catch for almost 2 years now and he's yet to be knockdown. He'll be alright. Give me Holloway/Porier3 or Gaetjhe.

There are def some fun fights for Max at 55 but I do think he should take some time off to bulk and get to more of a natural 55. Fights with Gaethje, Charles (assuming he loses against Islam again) or even a Chandler of Hooker would be good scraps.

There are def some fun fights for Max at 55 but I do think he should take some time off to bulk and get to more of a natural 55. Fights with Gaethje, Charles (assuming he loses against Islam again) or even a Chandler of Hooker would be good scraps.
He doesn’t fight often. Just come back next Spring. Put on some muscle. And work with sports performance to translate his strengths to 155.

Didn’t Max beat Carley Olives? Run it back.

I won’t lie Justin is a savage. But run it.

Hooker isn’t a bad fight either. And again, Henry is out there for a fun fight at 145 (if he does want to move up). So is Aljo. Man has many options and a beautiful wife.

Blessed is the best.

Weidman still making 426k is surprising, good for him.

Garry making 50/50 as a ranked fighter is trash.

Garry only making 100k for that is malpractice on his manager :sick: :smh:

Aint no way breh

This dude that fought Alex and Izzy looked very mid in there. Glover gotta be ashamed of that performance

I’m listening to that post fight media session.

Dana gonna Dana. On one hand, he talks about selling T shirts to raise money for the people of Hawaii. But then says he won’t go to Hawaii because they don’t want to throw money at UFC to host an event there or have cheap venue costs so UFC will never have a card there. Then someone asks about the Rock buying one of his fighters a home after tweeting they only had $7 to their name.

Dude is hilarious. And none of the media press him to call him out on it. He’s investing money in the sport (for PIs) but not fighter pay lol.

Back
Top Bottom