The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah, I think he's had a couple of these showcase fights already too on these playoff events.

PFL needs to just end this whole point/playoff system ****. Format is just stupid for MMA and they just make **** as they go. Leal missed weight for the playoffs but he can still win the milly? :lol:

Michel Pereira and Johnny Walker need to slide over to PFL for easy mil checks. They won't ever have to make weight and them dudes can sleep anybody for the point deduction not to matter :lol:
ok so let me get this straight

There was a match between two teammates where they didn’t want to fight but did anyway… and decided to not really fight hard

The pfl ends up suspending the winner and kicking him out of the playoffs replacing him with Burgos

LMFAOOOOOOOO

The pfl is such garbage man

I’ve trashed them long enough but this takes the cake

If anyone cared even a little bit about the pfl this story would have made headlines. But nope, not a blip

This thing happened in June. Did we even mention it in here????

Lmfaooooooooo

So I’m hearing the manager/ufc conversations will be released due to this lawsuit

We gonna get a real big revolution on that fighter to manager dynamic with this

Cuz managers are just as bad as the ufc when it comes to screwing the fighters

The build up imo would be better than Vera

Good god Vera has 1M followers on IG while merab has 250K
The build would be better than the actual fight lol. That said Merab aint getting the shot, at least not for a while.

Hypothetical pecking order for BW shots:

Chito
Cory
Cejudo
Pantoja (kind of joking)
(insert random bw who gets a highlight reel KO)
Merab

UFC rankings mean next to nothing and they probably make Merab fight at least twice more before sniffing a shot.

Every champ has had an “ease up” opponent or two for a title defense

So I won’t go too hard on this matchup, but it is completely uninteresting imo

This is the content we’re gonna get

I'm still not convinced DDP is next anymore, if the Chimaev-Costa fight really happens and Khamzat wins impressively then I'm not sure how UFC doesn't book the Izzy fight early next year. DDP might have to take another fight late this year or sit and hope he gets the shot sometime next year.

Jed meshew answered a question about bellator champs vs ufc champs

He said all the guys at aka say usman gets the better of Islam… and said they are always pretty straight forward with their word

Damb

I took Khabib for granted man :smh: the sport misses you brutha

“I think it was Justin Gaethje,” Nurmagomedov said on the PBD Podcast. “He hits like truck, but it was one thing what breaks him, like when he hit me, I remember it was right uppercut and left hook. It was his best shot in the fight and I told him, ‘Brother, this is everything that you have?’ I was talking with him. It was conversation inside the cage.

“I like Justin Gaethje, and I was talking with him after this combination, and I told him, ‘This is everything that you have?’ And end of the first round, he started to like tire, and I told him, ‘This is jetlag because you come to Abu Dhabi one week before the fight. I’m here one month.’ I know where I was after one week because this is like desert. You have to be there at least a couple of weeks before the fight. I know myself, one week when I come, I cannot sleep.”

I'm still not convinced DDP is next anymore, if the Chimaev-Costa fight really happens and Khamzat wins impressively then I'm not sure how UFC doesn't book the Izzy fight early next year. DDP might have to take another fight late this year or sit and hope he gets the shot sometime next year.
No way in hell the UFC puts Adesanya in against Khamzat if they can avoid it.

DDP is a much easier fight for Izzy…and Izzy knows that.

Which is why he wants it so bad.

Jed meshew answered a question about bellator champs vs ufc champs

He said all the guys at aka say usman gets the better of Islam… and said they are always pretty straight forward with their word

Damb

I’m convinced as soon as Islam is done we’ll see Usman in the ufc. I don’t believe Islam sticks around that much longer, maybe 2 years. He’ll do the same thing as khabib. Dominate and walk off into the sunset

Back
Top Bottom