The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I agree

But merab has already been nothing but a good friend

Aljo lost fair and square, it’s time for him to step aside and let merab get his opportunity

On top of that- Sterling is fighting an uphill battle to get another crack to begin with, why not just move up now. It makes no sense to stay at 135

Merab and Sterling are really wilding

I never thought it was fair for guys to say they won’t fight a friend or training partner.

Not only do you get the massive benefit of training with one of the best fighters in your weight class, but you get to cross him off the list of guys that you have to fight?

…you can’t have it both ways.

So does he retire?

He’s not beating Alexander the Great Volkanoski. He move to LW, he getting rag dolled by Islam. He can’t move down to 125 lol.

So does he retire?

He’s not beating Alexander the Great Volkanoski. He move to LW, he getting rag dolled by Islam. He can’t move down to 125 lol.
No. He clearly wants to continue fighting

He simply focuses on moving up and changing his body

He isn’t beating volk right now but volk might move up eventually

Even if he doesn’t, if Sterling could two wins at 145 (or 1 win against max) you get your shot at volk

Why continue to batter your body for at least two 135 fights and hold up your training partner

Aljo's a smart dude. He knows damn well he ain't getting a rematch. Hell, Merab ain't either even though he's the rightful next contender.

Sean plays the prize fighting game well. His next 2 fights are going to be matchups where he's not fighting off 30 takedowns.

I absolutely enjoyed O’Malley being petty as hell and going out of his way to big brother cody all last week

On some “my no name training partner” would have ate you for breakfast

He name dropped cody so many times lmao

Haven't really been checking for PFL since they let me down too many times but I'll catch the Collard-Burgos and OAM fights on ESPN+ later tonight.

Uh, what now?!! Pregande is 22 and they said he has had 500 wrestling matches and 80 boxing matches????

Thought they said he trains at Kill Cliff and from Nashville. I'm assuming he's friends with Chandler?

Wait a min, they really just had an amateur fight on the main card? :wow:

That dude got absolutely smashed for a fight that don't even really count. Got damb and he's 30

And this dude is M. Ali's blood relative?? wild

Wait a min, they really just had an amateur fight on the main card? :wow:

That dude got absolutely smashed for a fight that don't even really count. Got damb and he's 30

And this dude is M. Ali's blood relative?? wild
Yeah, I think he's had a couple of these showcase fights already too on these playoff events.

PFL needs to just end this whole point/playoff system ****. Format is just stupid for MMA and they just make **** as they go. Leal missed weight for the playoffs but he can still win the milly? :lol:

Michel Pereira and Johnny Walker need to slide over to PFL for easy mil checks. They won't ever have to make weight and them dudes can sleep anybody for the point deduction not to matter :lol:

OAM is a beast man.

Always wanted to see Collard to win a tournament but rooting for him even more now. Losing his younger brother last year after his older brother died in an accident 3 years ago is ******* rough man.

burgos doesn't have his usual size advantage; he ain't looking too hot so far.

Is Clay Collard aware that “Cassius” was the name that Mohammed Ali gave up when he converted to Islam?

…or would that require too much thought on his part?

Last edited:
Fight delivered. Won't be winning it but definitely a FOTY contender. Burgos need to go back down to 145. If he doesn't then him and Clay need to run that back in a 5 rounder on the Francis ppv next year.

Back
Top Bottom