The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They need to rehab Yan. Keep him away from Simone, Umar, or other wrestling strong opponents. With Aljo possibly relinquishing his title, good time to make a mini BW grand prix.

Great for JDM if he wins. Moves him closer to top 10.

Surprised Holland didn't try for Magny or Luque. I forgot he lost to WB in that banger last year. Holland is on the precipice, probably just has to win two fights.

After what Sterling did to yan and cejudo I can’t really doubt the guy anymore, plus he seems still extremely motivated and hungry. Dude is always in crazy elite shape

Main worry about is that weight cut

I know it’s a very “striker vs grappler” narrative but sterlings striking isn’t that low level especially mixed with his other techniques

I wouldn’t be surprised if he started shining on the feet tbh

I wouldn’t be mad at all to see Sterling get the dominant win and build towards a volk fight. Nobody is really saying much about that possibility but if O’Malley- who is one of the better strikers- can’t get to him I’d be hyped for Sterling vs volk for sure

If suga fights sterling like he did Yan, I can see him catching Aljo and hurting him bad.

Aljo is the same height as Yan as well, Suga towered over Yan and used his size well.

I think Sean got a legit chance to put Aljo out if he's not careful

I think Sean has a chance...but a very low one.

Just looking at Aljo's grappling in the last embedded, my man dangerous on the ground. I also can't see Suga stopping Aljo's take downs.

If suga fights sterling like he did Yan, I can see him catching Aljo and hurting him bad.

Aljo is the same height as Yan as well, Suga towered over Yan and used his size well.

I think Sean got a legit chance to put Aljo out if he's not careful
O’Malley is taller but sterling is a huge 35er, his strength is most likely elite mixed with his technique- to be able to outwrestle cejudo is crazy…

Being taller also means you are easier to grab on to… Sterlings sub game is nice

Very nice.

Let us never forget the backpack he gave Corey Sandhagen. I'd legit say Corey is probably #4 in the division (I got Aljo #1, Merab #2, Yan #3, and Sandhagen #4) and has never had a dominant loss like that.

He was threatening Yan in the second fight with his wrestling and grappling. Yan legit has good TDD. And like Vince said, Henry got taken down in a close skirmish. BW is crazy. Legit best division in UFC right now. I like Sean. But he definitely got blessed in that Yan fight. Has sat out the last year while Aljo had a camp to fight the lineal FW/BW champion. My man has leveled up.

If omalley pulls it off you know he’s special

I’m not quite there yet. I think he’s really good but it’s gonna take someone special to beat this version of Sterling

This is either the best or second best 35er.. ever.. still in his relative prime and not complacent

I've been listening to some pods this week and definitely think there's a case for Aljo as the BW goat already regardless if he beats Suga this weekend. I think a win solidifies it though. I can see arguments for both Cruz and Dillashaw though.

O’Malley ducking merab in this presser lmao

He said he was ducking explicitly and that this is a business and that Vera is clearly the bigger fight

Damb Breh lol

O’Malley ducking merab in this presser lmao

He said he was ducking explicitly and that this is a business and that Vera is clearly the bigger fight

Damb Breh lol
Reminds me of Michael Bisping. Wink, wink. Vera is a more contender…

Honestly if I was UFC, I’d do that fight too. It makes Cents. But we all know Merab is the uncrowned champ.

At least omalley wasn’t making up a bs excuse to not fight merab. He just said, only broke people don't understand why the better fight is Vera :lol:

I'm sure Dana aint gonna keep Merab or Umar away from OMalley forever, it's only a matter of time

If Sean and chito both win that’s the fight you absolutely do. Even if they both loose that’s the type of fight you could co main on a mcgregor card

Gonna say this again

I still don’t understand the ufc buildup week these days

They have two consecutive media days where the same questions are asked. Why have a media session Wednesday and another media session Thursday

Why did they start doing this lmao. It makes the week very repetitive

Back
Top Bottom