The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I'm also of the thinking Suga's brand doesn't drop off that much even if he gets subbed/finished early in Saturday's fight. UFC could give him some guy barely top 15 to get him back on track and then possibly one legit top 5er before his next shot.

I dunno dheeegg, if Sean looses Saturday he's going to have to fend off everyone in the top 5

no more favorable match ups since he's ranked that high.

Naw. If Chito wins or losses or if Sean wins or losses that fight needs to happen.

If Suga losses, Aljo can relinquish his belt then Merab versus maybe Sandhagen can happen for the new belt. Suga can fight Chito to see who the next challenger is (while hopefully they figure out the Umar rocket ship).

if Chito Lose he's not getting sean...

If Chito win impressively and Sean loose, its definitely a possibility

If Sean looses he's the next stepping stone for a TS...probably Merab or Sandhagen IMO likely Sandhagen

O’Malley got a huge pop at the presser just now

Dana finally at a presser

Makes sense since it’s Boston. Sounds like they have solid energy

Sterling trolling the crowd lol

O’Malley been chirping at cody all week lol that was the first thing outta his mouth. Cody was supposed to fight omalleys teammate

Really like Garry as a fighter. Love how he went to different camps to learn. Trains at killcliff but has trained with Olivera, Leon, Craig Jones, and Izzy just in this past year.

But him making that Geoff Neal mugshot in to a shirt just put me off. Don't know how his team let him go thru with that. A blonde hair, whitest of the white guys wearing a mugshot of a black dude ain't the move.

There's something truly off about Garry. He's got a difference sense of humor and the way he be talking trash is cringe

Sound like a teenager still

They’ll match him with anyone not named cejudo, umar or merab win or lose

Dana is smarter than that
We shall see...

The thing is, if he loose....his ability to draw takes a hit

its not like he is currently a major cash cow for the UFC or anything, he makes alot of money OWN HIS OWN outside the UFC

hes not breaking PPV records or gates or anything like that, I'm not even sure how many times he's been a headliner?

He may not be a huge draw as of now (which I think is undetermined) but that's not related to what his stock might be if he loses

I feel he'd still be a huge potential to be a big draw if he could get another quality win after a Sterling loss

He hasn't headlined anything (I think) because he's been on all PPV's, so we'll see how he does on Saturday with the numbers

2023-08-17_16h00_13.png

Garry smh. I want him to do well as a fighter but guy has some screws loose.

Was the presser real cringe or worth watching at all?

Just finished the presser. Don’t really know what got into Ian. I can admit just how damn good aljo is, but man he does not connect with fans whatsoever.

He is just not comfortable. Most of these folks aren’t. They’re comfortable in the cage, training, etc. The public light can be too bright for some folks.

LFG! Card is pretty strong even with a few fights being altered. Here's my picks for the main card:

Aljo
Zhang
Garry
Bautista
Vera

Not really going out on a limb with any of those but not really expecting any major upsets.

Thats not much, a gallon of water is 8 lbs.....

and Geary is pretty cringe

If he can get past Magny, very impressive.

Neil a true vet, seen everything very crafty too.

Back
Top Bottom