The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Luque will just continue to be a gatekeeper for the top 10. Nothing in last night's fight showed drastic improvements. He was just able to hold and control an old, undersized RDA. When RDA let his hands go he was stinging Luque. Man's chin is probably gone after all the wars, not to mention the brain hemorrhage he just recovered from.

Wouldn't be surprised if they matched him with Holland, JDM, or even Rinat next just to get those guys in the top 10

Reactions: OTG
The fact he had brain hemorrhages and fought on that card is a miracle. That’s wild. He probably wants to fight safer to avoid that.

One issue Luque has is…he has a few teammates who are in the top 10 of WW ( Usman, Gilbert and Garry). And he’s fought the other guys. Unless he wants the deep water with sharks like Shavkat or Khamzat.

Last edited:
Vince, Ya going to update the thread title?

Been in Chicago this weekend- first time visiting. Definitely one of the best cities I’ve been to

Losing cejudo Neal and Cody for this weekend’s card is a bummer. It would have been a lot more intriguing

At least we get to find out just how real O’Malley is. I’ve always figured he was somewhere between conor and till

^I was supposed to go there last year. I wanted to try the hot dogs and pizza. Enjoy, Brother.

I feel like O'Malley has precision a la Conor McGregor. He doesn't quite have the same variety of kicks or movement. I also don't know how well O'Malley performs TDD. He seems like he grapples.

If Suga wins, the target is going to be huge. Cejudo, Umar, Merab, Yan, and Sandhagen are terrible matchups. Merab seems like the boogey man at BW. After seeing what he did to Yan, I don't know how anyone besides Umar would want to deal with it.

The press conf for Izzy-Sean gonna be real interesting. While I fully expect Izzy to dominate he did seem bothered by Strickland in that presser for the 276 card. Sean says some of the strangest and cringe stuff during interviews but I'll be checking out this presser for the unintentional comedy it's sure to bring.

^I was supposed to go there last year. I wanted to try the hot dogs and pizza. Enjoy, Brother.

I feel like O'Malley has precision a la Conor McGregor. He doesn't quite have the same variety of kicks or movement. I also don't know how well O'Malley performs TDD. He seems like he grapples.

If Suga wins, the target is going to be huge. Cejudo, Umar, Merab, Yan, and Sandhagen are terrible matchups. Merab seems like the boogey man at BW. After seeing what he did to Yan, I don't know how anyone besides Umar would want to deal with it.

Don’t come in the winter

I am rooting for Sean, but my expectations is the classic striker vs wrestler matchup like Conor/khabib. I’m worried it won’t be competitive and aljo will potentially submit him.

Now if Sean gets a highlight reel KO I’ll be screaming running around the house. And that first title defense would be a massive ppv for Sean and the division

They’ll do everything they can to make O’Malley vs Vera as the first defense

Then after that sandhagen, who even with his seemingly improved offensive wrestling is still not such a terrible matchup for O’Malley

After that- yup it gets bad. Cejudo imo might not be around much longer but umar and merab will not give up until they get their title shots

Izzy calling his shot with chimaev and not ducking the smoke :emoji_triumph:

Assuming chimaev handles Costa, ddp can take a seat somewhere. Dana could easily give chimaev the shot

Izzy vs chimaev >>>

Don’t come in the winter
I'm from New York, New York!!
I am rooting for Sean, but my expectations is the classic striker vs wrestler matchup like Conor/khabib. I’m worried it won’t be competitive and aljo will potentially submit him.

Now if Sean gets a highlight reel KO I’ll be screaming running around the house. And that first title defense would be a massive ppv for Sean and the division
I'll be honest. I didn't expect Conor to beat Mendes. But he did. Course, Conor had bad knees. And Money Mendes came in on two weeks notice.

Aljo, barring injuries (which he said something), had a full camp and is censored diesel for this fight. Can Aljo back pack, Suga? Yes. Can Aljo take him down? Maybe. He's not a take down artist like Islam, Khabib, Khamzat or lesser extent Jon Jones or Colby Covington. We know Aljo got good cardio (he hung with Henry and Yan). The only "bad" thing about Aljo is his rando, odd striking and what options he has when his wrestling is denied.

But if Suga can get precise on the feet. Headshot, bang!!

IMO the only way Aljo loses is if he gets too confident in his striking and tries to trade for too long with Suga or if he gets caughts with a kick early. In my head I see him finding the first opportunity to take the fight to the mat and outgrappling Sean before finally finding a sub.

It'll be interesting for sure. Crazy we're not talking about the co-main lol.

Are they moving Weidman/Tavares to the main card with the Cody fight falling through?

I think I'm leaning costa

Izzy gotta fight Dricus at this point, the story is set.
The main reason I can’t get behind costa is because he kind of had a hard time with Luke rockhold

Granted: Luke maybe wasn’t as washed as I thought he was and there was elevation but I figured Costa should be able to steamroll

Chimaev is a different beast… proven to be durable.. even if he’s moving up he’s fought and been a beast at 85 too

This fight is everything though I’m sure it’ll be a banger and Costa will get his shots in

Back
Top Bottom