The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Garry is young
Bonfim is almost paying to be in the UFC lol smh

Wanted to circle back. I was listening to Bloody Elbow Level Change podcast and I was completely obtuse and not paying attention to your post. It doesn't show the pay for the main event or the above disclosed fighter's pay opponent's pay. Apparently, Utah implemented a NDA on disclosing fighter pay. They also paid UFC $7 million to hold the card there. So I'm sure you can math why the pay isn't disclosed.

All I know is I can't go to ESPN about news/investigation on fighter pay lol. I heard ESPN is starting its own sports book smh.

Wow, courts are ripping the UFC on their contracts and stronghold on the market.

Looks like Magny is stepping in for Neal.

Read through the whole thread. So it only covers US-based fighters (or fighters who fought in the US) from 2010-2017?

It's wild that the UFC was loosening their contracts but now they're going back to their predatory methods.

Magney is probably the perfect scenario for the ufc and Garry, didn’t even think of him as an option but that was definitely the best out of the bunch

Yes it’s short notice for both guys but it’s clearly an easier fight imo for Garry

Wow Lewis really signed an 8 fight deal?? I'd be really interested in what he got paid. Is the total way over 2 mil? Lewis is 38 so hard to see him fighting that many times before his career is up but hey stranger things have happened. Guess he's a company man through and through but him either going to PFL or BKFC would have been interesting.

Wow Lewis really signed an 8 fight deal?? I'd be really interested in what he got paid. Is the total way over 2 mil? Lewis is 38 so hard to see him fighting that many times before his career is up but hey stranger things have happened. Guess he's a company man through and through but him either going to PFL or BKFC would have been interesting.
Dana paid him more than he usually would to spite Francis most likely

Holland getting $356K after the win is way more than I thought he was getting. And the guy fights like 3 fights a year. So he can potentially get $1M a year which isn't bad for UFC standards.
I recall in the past year or two thinking the same thing about certain names. Like, oh, they’re getting paid more than I’d thought

I'm thinking Lewis most have gotten a nice initial guaranteed bag with many incentives thrown in (for K.O.'s , fighting out his contract, etc.).

Wowww... PFL signed Abdoul Abdouraguimov (Lazy King). One of the legit best prospects out there who should've been signed to the UFC for a while now.

Had an agreement to sign for the ufc Paris card but that ended up falling through. Makes no damn sense that they signed a bunch of other Ares FC fighters for this card but not the promotion’s only double champ. He needs to stop getting managed by Fernand. The man never negotiates for the betterment of his fighters.

Anyone else having issues with the broadcast?

Edit: Nevermind, now it’s working.

Cub definitely stole that one.

Last edited:
Didn’t realize this was a WW fight. Thought RDA was fighting at LW again.

Also the statistics on the bottom of the screen from the last fight. My man got robbed. How he have 3:10 control time but no takedowns.

I know I’m nitpicking, but it’d be nice if the ref could just reset the fighters after 10 seconds of being against the cage like this…

IMG_1788.jpeg

Luque did what he had to for the win but that won't do him any favors moving forward. They probably matchup him up again with someone in the 5-10 spots.

Back
Top Bottom