The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I hope Tony can show sings of life Saturday

After his last performance I absolutely believe Green is taking his head off with a KO

Trained with him a few times and got brainwashed lmao

“Fighting Israel Adesanya is always a hard fight, but he showed that he can be beaten,” Pereira told MMA Junkie and other reporters through an interpreter at Wednesday’s UFC 291 media day. “Sean Strickland, he has a chance. Different game plans are hard. But if anyone has a chance against Adesanya, that’ll be Sean Strickland. But it’s still a hard fight.”

“Honestly, man, I don’t know if it’s maybe too much for Du Plessis because Adesanya’s way superior,” Pereira said. “Looking at this fight overall, it’s a fight that does not even make too much sense to me.”

“If Jan does what I think he’s gonna do, he’s gonna get caught with a left hook,” Adesanya said on his YouTube channel. “I don’t think this goes the distance. If it does, Jan wins. I felt [Blachowicz’s power]. I think Alex hits harder. It’s just the way he throws, the technique he throws with, the technique he grounds himself. He’s not running, he’s not moving and throwing. He sits when he gets you where he wants you. Especially against the fence. He’ll sit there and throw, so that’s how he’s able to hit harder.

“Jan could definitely learn how to hit harder but if Jan gets him down, I think he’s just going to control him there for three rounds. I’m going Alex by knockout."

The more I was thinking about how washed Luke Rockhold hung in there with Costa- the more I feel like Chimaev should hold his own too

Imagining Chimaev vs that Luke-- I feel like Luke would have been murdered

But hats off to Luke for giving that performance, it was much better than expected

Y'all gonna be watching both 291 and Crawford-Spence this weekend? I'll likely have 291 on the main TV with boxing on through my laptop. Looks like walkout time for Crawford-Spence is around 8 pm pst so should be before 291 main event starts, hoping that gets over before.

Rumblings that Strickland won’t be fighting izzy

He said that the ufc didn’t want that fight

The card is in like 6 weeks- what is going on

Very cool since I was wondering where fiziev and giga were

Good to see Bryce back as well
bruce leeroy finally getting that top 10 fight :lol: seems like dude has been around forever but has never gotten anywhere close to the top 10.

bruce leeroy finally getting that top 10 fight :lol: seems like dude has been around forever but has never gotten anywhere close to the top 10.
Since the Kron loss he's been on a nice run beating guys outside the top 15 and being that gatekeeper the UFC likes to use as a measuring stick to see if you're ready for a ranked guy afterwards. At this point he seems to be a known name they can place as the 2nd or 3rd fight on Fight Nights. I admittedly didn't think he'd stick in the UFC long after losing to MJ on TUF all the way back in 2010!

Y'all gonna be watching both 291 and Crawford-Spence this weekend? I'll likely have 291 on the main TV with boxing on through my laptop. Looks like walkout time for Crawford-Spence is around 8 pm pst so should be before 291 main event starts, hoping that gets over before.
Throwing a fight party for Spence/Crawford so that will be getting the main TV with sound. Gon have a set up with a smaller TV to the side with 291 on. Just hoping that the main events don't overlap. Hopefully its all decisions on the ppv so the boxing fight can finish up before Porier/Gaetjhe 2 :lol:

Chimaev definitely on the juice with all that backne.

Mitchell ducking that Evloev smoke after all that talk.

1690501879312.png

Back
Top Bottom