The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

More rumblings that Costa never agreed to fight ikram

Mike heck was skeptical from the start and is saying that for sure ikram isn’t fighting dolidze either

If ikram falls off the card that sucks, really just wanted to see him fight again regardless of the opponent. I’d think dolidze would take the fight so he can get paid.

I want to see islam try to get 170 belt but I don’t think timing is right. At this point I’m assuming Leon/Colby is on that msg card. Great title fight to pair up with stipe/Jones.

If ikram falls off the card that sucks, really just wanted to see him fight again regardless of the opponent. I’d think dolidze would take the fight so he can get paid.

I want to see islam try to get 170 belt but I don’t think timing is right. At this point I’m assuming Leon/Colby is on that msg card. Great title fight to pair up with stipe/Jones.
There really are no new frontiers for Islam at 55. It’s all khabibs leftovers and older contenders

the non khabib leftovers fell off or out of the picture

Wouldn’t mind leon v colby though first

But overall would prefer Islam to move up permanently- it’s a big jump tho- which is what makes it interesting

I'm all for the Khamzhat-Costa fight but not at the expense of Ikram losing an opponent. With Costa bookings though you never know if they are official or not til fight week it seems.

I'm all for the Khamzhat-Costa fight but not at the expense of Ikram losing an opponent. With Costa bookings though you never know if they are official or not til fight week it seems.
It could very well be Costa never signed to fight ikram, in fact it doesn’t make any real sense why costa would have taken that fight at all

Costa was trying to get more money to fight Rob but couldn’t get a deal done. So for him to pivot and take the ikram fight doesn’t add up

Dana was just trying to stack the card due to the Francis news

Islam v Edwards is not really a fight I'm clamoring to see but with no real contenders ready at LW now and if Volk's not ready to jump up then I guess why not. Double champ status has really lost its luster in recent years imo.

Don't want to see 2 division get held up. All 3 guys have contenders ready to defend their titles against.

Islam got his shot without having to fight anyone in the top 5. Same can be done for Arman if Charles isn't ready.

They are gonna have him fight volk, Charles, chandler or the winner of Dustin Justin

It’s just wishful thinking to have him go up permanently

IMG_2928.jpeg

I’ll be very dissapointed if they do islam/volk again in October. Please throw islam someone new and let volk take out ilia first. Fight needs proper build.

Personally I wanted shavkat/khamzat at 170 for title then winner fights islam.

Very sad to see umar pull out. Good luck finding another top guy to fight you. Gonna be at least another year before he has a shot at fighting for the title now.

Islam v Edwards is not really a fight I'm clamoring to see but with no real contenders ready at LW now and if Volk's not ready to jump up then I guess why not. Double champ status has really lost its luster in recent years imo.
It’s almost like divisions don’t really mean anything anymore.

Guys win the belt, defend it once or twice, then call out the champ in another division.

It’d be hilarious to see three or four guys holding all the belts between them.

Back
Top Bottom