The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah, I think he gets tuned up by the top 10. He's up there in age himself and fights a style that isn't kind to aging. The Storley and 2 Lima fights just exposed a lot of his game to me.

He could still have fun fights with guys like Holland, and Drod but I think even WB beats him rather easily.

They could easily match make to avoid the wrestlers and fast track him (don’t think they necessarily would but just saying)

I’d favor Leon but that’s not a total mismatch. I don’t think they’re best friends

Ian Garry, pereira, chisea …

Just another UK draw they could get their hands on..

The division is full of wrestlers..whole top 5 are elite at it. Even Chiesa runs through him. He let Storley take him down with ease and Storley isn't top 15 caliber.

A lot of people thought page beat storely

Chisea ain’t no wrestler

Like I said there’s a lot of fun fights for him and there’s tons of matchups without wrestlers

The only wrestlers= usman (old) colby (old) Belal, brady and rahkmanov

Why does he need to fight any of them off the bat or even fight #2

A lot of people thought page beat storely

Chisea ain’t no wrestler

Like I said there’s a lot of fun fights for him and there’s tons of matchups without wrestlers

The only wrestlers= usman (old) colby (old) Belal, brady and rahkmanov

Why does he need to fight any of them off the bat or even fight #2
My guy, Usman is a month older than him and Colby is younger than both. Actually I think he'd be the 3rd oldest fighter in the rankings after Usman and WB :lol:.

Gilbert and Chiesa are top tier grapplers who are more athletic than Storley and have a variety of strong takedowns and trips. I thought he beat Storley too but still doesn't change the fact that someone like him and Paul Daley controlled and took him down with ease.

If he's coming for fun fights that's cool. Like I said him fighting the Holland, Ponzi, and DRods of the world would be great. Don't see him getting past that tier if his ultimate goal is to be a contender.

My guy, Usman is a month older than him and Colby is younger than both. Actually I think he'd be the 3rd oldest fighter in the rankings after Usman and WB :lol:.

Gilbert and Chiesa are top tier grapplers who are more athletic than Storley and have a variety of strong takedowns and trips. I thought he beat Storley too but still doesn't change the fact that someone like him and Paul Daley controlled and took him down with ease.

If he's coming for fun fights that's cool. Like I said him fighting the Holland, Ponzi, and DRods of the world would be great. Don't see him getting past that tier if his ultimate goal is to be a contender.
I don't think anyone envisions some kind of sport changing signing where he's going to come in and beat everyone :lol: when I said this is his Chandler moment that didn't mean fighting for the belt, it meant finally coming into the UFC and getting into fun matchups where he could get a different level of buzz and money

My point in all of this was there's a ton of fun matchups for MVP that could be competitive (if you think everyone runs through him- that's ok). They don't have to be against those 5-6 wrestlers

Usman is about to retire and has two bad knees. It's not just about age, it's about wear and tear

Colby been through a few wars himself, if you want to count him as a nightmare matchup that's valid. I'm saying, why would Colby and MVP be matched up right away anyway?

Chisea might have one foot in and one foot out of competing

His ultimate goal and what Dana should do: is to get him 2-3 matchup friendly opponents and have a "contender". Cash out in some kind of big fight with one of those killers

when I said this is his Chandler moment that didn't mean fighting for the belt, it meant finally coming into the UFC and getting into fun matchups where he could get a different level of buzz and money
Got ya. I took the Chandler comparison in the title direction. Unfortunately I don't think he makes the move over. UFC won't be the highest bidder and he'd have to take a pay cut and most likely be on a show/win. He was making a flat 70k a fight, ufc probably offer a 40/40 :smh:. Really wish he made the move over when he was at the peak of his hype. Would've definitely had a better chance of building his brand.

They had a bunch of other profiles on there too since April. Bellator, PFL and some other random like this and Bob Sapp :lol:

Got ya. I took the Chandler comparison in the title direction. Unfortunately I don't think he makes the move over. UFC won't be the highest bidder and he'd have to take a pay cut and most likely be on a show/win. He was making a flat 70k a fight, ufc probably offer a 40/40 :smh:. Really wish he made the move over when he was at the peak of his hype. Would've definitely had a better chance of building his brand.

They had a bunch of other profiles on there too since April. Bellator, PFL and some other random like this and Bob Sapp :lol:

The one factor I could see as a potential “overpay” is that he’s a UK fighter

They sign him to maybe a bloated short deal to cash out any remaining juice he has

We are quite behind on this one, but, very nice

This will take place 7 months after Mokaev had all those injuries to his knee…

Kid is real life wolverine coming back from that knee bar that fast

Can’t wait to see what full Abu Dhabi card looks like

To me this all but confirms that Mokaev is on a cocktail of steroids. I'm not mad nore surprised he's a skilled fighter. But there is no possibility he is back to training 6 or 7 month after those shredded ligaments. I saw similar injuries at least twice at the gym this year, we are talking 6 months at best before coming back to the room and thats to start light technique (no live rounds). He's on all the juice.

Talking about that. Yesterday I was joking with an older cat in the locker room about him having a six pack at 50+ years old. I was telling him I know your on the steroids haha and I noticed a few guys got uncomfortable. Not sure why.

Talking about that. Yesterday I was joking with an older cat in the locker room about him having a six pack at 50+ years old. I was telling him I know your on the steroids haha and I noticed a few guys got uncomfortable. Not sure why.
Ehh it seems most guys are quick to claim who's on roids but if they get accused they'll try to skirt around the topic and probably only admit it if they know you well. I was watching the American Gladiators doc on Netflix and only one guy really came clean about his steroid use. Rest were like "well I'm sure many of the gladiators were on something " and yada yada but roids are always a sensitive subject when it comes to admitting ones own usage.

Call me crazy but is an Ian vs MVP fight night in Dublin not a fun fight?
Not sure if it’s the right timing for that one off the bat but strictly as a fight, hell yeah

There’s so many dudes sitting there for both mvp and Garry

I think they’re gonna build garry carefully but also potentially quickly. Neal is a good option imo, was a good choice

Should let mvp take on someone like pereira in his debut if they get him to come

More rumblings that Costa never agreed to fight ikram

Mike heck was skeptical from the start and is saying that for sure ikram isn’t fighting dolidze either

If Charles really can't go in October. Then just book Islam/Arman 2. Everyone already knows how good Arman is.

The whole champ vs champ stuff is tiring. The more it happens the less prestige it becomes.

I wish Arman had more buzz. I still fully believe he beat Gamrot and should be on a win streak, undefeated since his last defeat was to Islam. He's the most unsexy contender now that Benny is out of the picture

Charles rematch does zero for me but I get why they'd go to it

Dustin and Justin do zero for me but I get why they'd go to it

Islam just seems like a Kryptonite to those 3

In this case I actually wouldn't hate Leon v Islam and I'd actually want Islam to just go up permanently to 170. Way way way funner matchups up there. 155 is set to recycle now, imo it's just not that intriguing at all despite the talent there

Rahkmanov vs Islam :wow: Colby vs Islam :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom