The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Jiri and hill vacating back to back is crazy

Izzy plotting now for sure
That division has been cursed….Maaaaaane.
Is this the new thing? Everytime a champ gets injured he vacates? There must be a couple snall print lines added in that championship contract recently. Weird
I’d imagine if the recovery for the injury is about a year then what other option does the UFC have? Their obligation to ESPN probably requires at least one championship fight a card.

But ACL is such an iffy injury to come back from especially in MMA. You probably gotta move to Las Vegas unless you got bread like Izzy or other major title holders.
I imagine Hill vacated because Jiri vacating is what gave him his shot at the title. Probably felt like doing the same was the right thing.
Yeaaaah right. They probably stripped him. He hasn’t fought in seven months. Add the recovery and it would be a year.

Man, I really hope their managers got it written that they both still get ppv points whenever they return for the belt. Never know how you'll look returning.
Wondering if those dudes even had ppv points to begin with, it’s not always the case for champs

LHW is such a mess rn. Sucks that Hill got hurt as I was really looking forward to the Jiri fight possibly by end of the year. Now not sure what they do, maybe make Jan-Alex a #1 contender and get Jiri by end of year if he's ready. Otherwise who knows, they could put Ankalaev back in there against winner of Jan-Alex but you know they don't want a 2nd Jan fight.

205 been cursed since Jon left

Jon beats stipe.....

drops back down to challenge for 205 belt and retire a simultaneous 2 division champ

:nerd:
Just imagine if Jiri got the belt back end of this year and they setup Jones-Jiri in 24', now that would be a fight I'd be excited for.

jones cutting down to lhw after spending years putting on that weight might get ugly. makes me think of roy jones getting ko'd by tarver after he won the heavyweight belt.

🤷🏽‍♂️

Some fight nights are bad. There has to be some in the last year that were close in matchups to this one.

We are in the Just Some Fights Era thanks to the ESPN deal. The Fox era was so much better. They could probably get better ratings if maybe they halved or third them.

Looking at the names…it’s got Tyson Nam, Norma “Dumptruck” Dumont, JDM and the ME. It’s putrid not terrible.

Last edited:
It’s amazing to me that Holly Holm has become one of the most boring fighters in the sport.

I never would’ve believed that could be possible after her fight with Honda.

Crazy that McKinney now seems to be a failed prospect and the dude who just won is an upcoming prospect.... yet McKinney is younger lol

You know Frevola was loving that **** since he was cornering lmao

Crazy that McKinney now seems to be a failed prospect and the dude who just won is an upcoming prospect.... yet McKinney is younger lol

You know Frevola was loving that **** since he was cornering lmao
crazy... i wasn't expecting him to be a worldbeater but i thought he'd be a lot further than he's shown. seems he's reached his ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom