The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Glad Francis is getting paid, but it better be $20 million or more.

…because he’s going to get humiliated.
Francis has the Touch of Death. But Tyson definitely has a good chin and was able to revive himself like the Undertaker from that Wilder haymaker in their first fight.

Problem is Tyson has been boxing for 20+ years. I have never seen such a nimble heavyweight before. I wouldn't say Tyson has power but he's smooth and can accumulate enough damage to eventually stop his opponent.

Props to the Saudis for making this attraction.

As an MMA fan, Jones/Miocic has more interest. But can't front and say I'm not curious about what happens when the lineal boxing heavy weight champion meets the lineal UFC heavy weight champion.

Francis has the Touch of Death. But Tyson definitely has a good chin and was able to revive himself like the Undertaker from that Wilder haymaker in their first fight.

Problem is Tyson has been boxing for 20+ years. I have never seen such a nimble heavyweight before. I wouldn't say Tyson has power but he's smooth and can accumulate enough damage to eventually stop his opponent.

Props to the Saudis for making this attraction.

As an MMA fan, Jones/Miocic has more interest. But can't front and say I'm not curious about what happens when the lineal boxing heavy weight champion meets the lineal UFC heavy weight champion.
Fury is going to outbox him worse than a sparring partner.

Of course there’s always the chance of a home run shot landing, but if Wilder couldn’t put him out I think it’s extremely unlikely that Francis is going to.

He’ll have to land flush on the chin.

…a grazing shot won’t be enough.

Then again, I don’t expect Fury to train very hard or take this fight seriously at all.

If he comes in overweight and out of shape, that could cost him.

Fury has been known to fight up or down to his competition, but with that said, Francis' technical boxing isn't even particularly elite compared to other MMA heavyweights, much less to arguably the best heavyweight boxer in the world.

If Tyson is being nice about it then yeah, he'll carry him for a while and turn it on late. Still happy Francis is getting his money though. Hopefully he doesn't get whooped too badly, I feel like that'd put a damper on the PFL debut.

I’ve been speaking this into existence for a while now— need them, izzy, ikram and khizriev to all fight each other

I’m going to see this happen!!!

I could see them really slow building Bo and even giving him another non-top 15 guy again since his last fight told us little about him and was more just to showcase his name again. Thinking they give him someone top 25 caliber who at least has a recognizable name next.

I could see them really slow building Bo and even giving him another non-top 15 guy again since his last fight told us little about him and was more just to showcase his name again. Thinking they give him someone top 25 caliber who at least has a recognizable name next.
Could easily see this scenario or a fast track

A lot of this depends on scheduling and timing and the state of the division

If they’re in a lull like izzy moves on or something or they flat out run out of contenders or they need a main event ppv filled he could easily get the call by the end of next year imo

I can't lie this one is hilarious

IMG-20230712-WA0004.jpg

Honestly it’s not apples to apples. Is it fair to DDP? No.

This asinine argument in that Countdown was dumb. Rob is a Pacific man. New Zeland, Australia, etc. We acting like Izzy ain’t an immigrant. So why call out Robfor doing the same.

This is where I can excuse DDP for trying to trash talk. He just has to die on that sword.

Wow. I'm sad to hear that for Hill.

Wonder why he has to drop the belt? Why can't the UFC do an interim? Or is it because it's an Achilles, which is 6-12 months?

Wow. I'm sad to hear that for Hill.

Wonder why he has to drop the belt? Why can't the UFC do an interim? Or is it because it's an Achilles, which is 6-12 months?
seems like they were pressuring him so he took the initiative to vacate. i'm sure the nature of the injury played a part, dude is gonna be out for a long time.

seems like they were pressuring him so he took the initiative to vacate. i'm sure the nature of the injury played a part, dude is gonna be out for a long time.
:emoji_cry:

I feel for him. So is the reason he hasn't defended his title because he was waiting for Jiri? Or was he always injured?

I wouldn't be mad if Alex/Jan is for the interim LHW.

Sometimes I get antsy. Curious to hear Dana's announcement on Women's Bantamweight and Light Heavyweight.

Back
Top Bottom