The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Arman rematching Islam sounds good to me. First one was very techinal and close fight
That’s the one guy I feel at least something— these older heads are too worn and don’t have the skill sets to compete

As dangerous as Charles is— he’s quite literally the perfect matchup for Islam. Charles positives just get negated so much against Islam

Arman if he had just a little more power and a little more size would definitely be real scary matchup. As it is I think he’s still on the losing end

Plus it doesn’t seem like Arman has any momentum at all

so it seems like the belt will not be on the line which makes sense

it sucks for the sport of boxing lmao that fury is taking this detour when usyk is right there

My takeaway from this is that Francis boxing apparently is going create enough excitement for some real money to come in

Anything over 10mil is a big win imo. I believe the UFC was offering 24 mil over 3 fights ONLY if he stayed champion. His pay would've drastically went down if he lost the 1st one.

francis prolly banking 24 mil off this fight alone
Yeah, probably anywhere between 18-25 off the fight purse alone. Then you have endorsements and possible ppvs buys.

Just for comparison, in 2019 Joshua/Ruiz 2 the site fee was 40 mil and Joshua made 60 mil guaranteed. Ruiz made 9 mil but only because that was the set pay in the rematch clause. He would've made much more if that wasn't on contract from their first fight.

Last edited:
Definitely. I think (?) they’ve been paying Floyd to fight YouTubers so paying Francis and fury is way more conceivable
Liv Golf. WWE. Boxing. They been trying to invest in live sporting events (one of those Arabic countries is "buying" into the Washington Wizards).

They were trying to do a huge boxing card Usyk/Fury and Wilder/Joshua. But it sounds like boxing Bellator'd and can't negotiate these must-watch fights.

Wow good for Francisco! He did it, respect.
Bag. Maaaan. That fight happens, he will silence the haters. And Africa will have a representative battling the Lineal Heavyweight champion.

“Y’all don’t realize why Izzy was dropping the N word? Simple. Cos he knew Dricus couldn’t say it back; the whole point? You’ll call me d N word right back, if you’re a real African. Get it?”

Um…what?

Sorry, no…I don’t got it.

There’s not much to get though. You already got the explanation— I don’t think you were even expecting a logical reason, right? Lol

It doesn’t need to be some deeper meaning or a gotcha moment even. Just dude being juvenile and not caring at all

Sad ending but Lee looked hurt and you could tell he was only like 50-75 percent that last fight. Hope he gets into commentary or another solid career post fighting and isn't lured back in.

Better to walk away knowing he's not gonna be able to give his best than to get beaten up silly for the sake of it.

His girl is ****** up.

Screenshot_20230712_101559_Samsung Internet.jpg

Glad Francis is getting paid, but it better be $20 million or more.

…because he’s going to get humiliated.

Back
Top Bottom