The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I can see Izzy just outpointing him and getting on the mic, “I told y’all this ain’t that kickboxing stuff”
That’s what I expect. He’s great at it. Obviously, he has to be careful or he’ll get Leon Edwards.

Even if it’s boring I look forward to it.

I think Izzy uses wrestling like Justin Gaethje. Defensively.

I’m not saying he’s shouldn’t use wrestling and grappling. I said he should sporadically. But to spend a whole fight trying to take this man down? Nah. That’s not in his repertoire and may lead to exhaustion and fatigue.

And I’m sure Alex has been doing some defensive wrestling and grappling in preparation. My man trains with Glover.

I think things are going to be business as usual for Izzy (while possibly adding in those takedowns here or there).
Well, of course not change up your whole style

I'm saying he should implement those tactics to give different looks

Again, Bruno Silva took Alex down with ease. With ease, that says a lot

Wow, Eugene was super honest on Izzy and offered up some interesting critiques on him

He doesn't see Izzy as untouchable in the least in terms of coaching him up and treating him like anyone else

When Ariel said Izzy was King, Eugene said he's a piece of **** lol :rofl:

Wow, Eugene was super honest on Izzy and offered up some interesting critiques on him

He doesn't see Izzy as untouchable in the least in terms of coaching him up and treating him like anyone else

When Ariel said Izzy was King, Eugene said he's a piece of **** lol :rofl:

I love Eugene man 😂😂😂

Honest assessment of Izzy at the moment... dude is focused and not bothered at all by his past 2 defeats to Alex

All these interviews he's giving, he seems centered and sharp

He just told Ariel that he's turned down two movies and he will never do anything to distract him from training. That is dope to hear as a fan. He wants to be in this sport completely

If Alex beats him, I will be very impressed. Izzy aint coming into this fight distracted

Izzy hinting at a few things today

Saying he's gonna drop a bunch of stuff in the post fight interview

Says he has plans for something he can't speak on yet

Says that he knows something about Alex

Once again telling everyone just wait til you see what I have in store... lol

I must be the only crazy one in here, but I believe Izzy gets the finish. He performed at his best in the Whittaker/costa fight when it was the biggest stage and I’m expecting that again.

I must be the only crazy one in here, but I believe Izzy gets the finish. He performed at his best in the Whittaker/costa fight when it was the biggest stage and I’m expecting that again.
Nah I doubt you're the only person that feels that way. Dude on the BT Sport preview predicted Izzy by finish

I don't see why Izzy couldn't finish him at all, it's not like Izzy's been looking like he's regressing. He's just fighting dudes who don't actually want to exchange and Izzy is still handling them with relative ease

Alex on the other hand was having trouble with Bruno Silva standing and wrestling. Alex is durable, I'll give him that

Honest assessment of Izzy at the moment... dude is focused and not bothered at all by his past 2 defeats to Alex

All these interviews he's giving, he seems centered and sharp

He just told Ariel that he's turned down two movies and he will never do anything to distract him from training. That is dope to hear as a fan. He wants to be in this sport completely

If Alex beats him, I will be very impressed. Izzy aint coming into this fight distracted
Odds that Izzy goes for a takedown?

...will his ego even allow him to try?

Odds that Izzy goes for a takedown?

...will his ego even allow him to try?
I think he should level change. Eugene will have a good game plan, that's something I feel we should all agree on

Izzy reiterated today that he is a student of Eugene's and that Eugene still to this day uses Izzy as the scapegoat to yell at when he wants to prove a point to the entire class

Izzy said he still mops the gym if Eugene tells him to

So with all that being said, whatever Eugene tells him to do I believe Izzy will do it

I can see Izzy just outpointing him and getting on the mic, “I told y’all this ain’t that kickboxing stuff”
If he wins like that and has the crowd booing at the end of the fight, then F him.

He'll never be known as the legend he desperately wants to be if he has to fight like that the first time he goes against a real kickboxer in the Octagon.

If he wins like that and has the crowd booing at the end of the fight, then F him.

He'll never be known as the legend he desperately wants to be if he has to fight like that the first time he goes against a real kickboxer in the Octagon.
Question: Why's it up to Izzy to engage first?
We know what he's done when other people bring the fight to him, nearly all finishes.

Question: Why's it up to Izzy to engage first?
We know what he's done when other people bring the fight to him, nearly all finishes.
Why is it up to his opponents to always bring the fight to him?

...he can't finish or be exciting unless his opponents do exactly what he wants them to do?

Why is it up to his opponents to always bring the fight to him?

...he can't finish or be exciting unless his opponents do exactly what he wants them to do?
Cause they want his belt?
If you want to blame Izzy that's fair, blame the opponents too.

That's what a fight is.... you make the opponent do what you want them to do.... if they can't close the distance and not get outpointed that's on them. And again, it's fine to call his last few fights boring but there's not been any talk about his opponents being part of the boredom

Cause they want his belt?
If you want to blame Izzy that's fair, blame the opponents too.

That's what a fight is.... you make the opponent do what you want them to do.... if they can't close the distance and not get outpointed that's on them. And again, it's fine to call his last few fights boring but there's not been any talk about his opponents being part of the boredom
The thing is that Izzy has a giant ego and he's always talking about wanting to be viewed as a legend and the greatest to ever do it and if that's the case, then it has to be about more than just wins and losses and holding onto the belt by any means necessary.

We'll see how great he really is.

...and how he fights when he might be the second best kickboxer in the cage.

The thing is that Izzy has a giant ego and he's always talking about wanting to be viewed as a legend and the greatest to ever do it and if that's the case, then it has to be about more than just wins and losses and holding onto the belt by any means necessary.

We'll see how great he really is.

...and how he fights when he might be the second best kickboxer in the cage.
Yeah I get what you’re saying here

It’s been the discussion for a while now: izzy has been predicting these grand finishes and spectacular finishes but hasn’t delivered them

If izzy keeps winning in these kind of unmemorable ways he’ll still be considered a superstar when it’s said and done. Just won’t surpass Anderson which isn’t a slight in the least

Interesting to hear how y’all talk about Izzy in here regarding his fights being boring

Is Izzy not the biggest current superstar champion that the ufc has? If I’m wrong, feel free to tell me another current champion with more star power.

Back
Top Bottom