The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The thing is that Izzy has a giant ego and he's always talking about wanting to be viewed as a legend and the greatest to ever do it and if that's the case, then it has to be about more than just wins and losses and holding onto the belt by any means necessary.

We'll see how great he really is.

...and how he fights when he might be the second best kickboxer in the cage.
I get what you saying even though I'm not sure I agree.
Admittedly, I am hugely biased towards Izzy.

Even if Izzy losses this weekend, he will get am instant rematch and if he wins......well, there goes a trilogy fight.

Hope Zhang gets the belt but would hate for a Rose vs Zhang 3 or even a Rose vs Carla 3.

If zhang gets the belt I think we have a better chance at andrad (sp?) sliding in there to try and get a rematch after originally loosing the belt to zhang.

If Weili puts in a performance like the bout against Joanna she's most likely winning. Will be such a bore if Esparza manages to defend her title.

Latest rankings. Maybe Rose should go against Leimos.

It’s crazy that she’s the cupcake or cookie lady but Carla is generally disliked. Maybe it’s the style. Maybe she doesn’t fit the “look” folks desire.

Surprised Weili doesn’t go train with Khabib and them. She’s mad strong. An amazing athlete. Either it was the embedded or Countdown, Carla said she trained against men.

IMO pereira KO this Saturday

And porier round 2 KO

I’ve been wrong 99% of the time so don’t place bets off my picks as I’m such a degenerate gambler
I do think Pereira will get the KO. Gut feeling and he just needs to land that left hook one good time...Izzy would need to be perfect for 5 rounds.

“He’s been incredibly consistent his entire career, and I expect him to be consistent again this weekend. I expect him to have better footwork, better distance control, better defense and very similar offense. Adesanya is also a finisher. Adesanya has greater variety, Adesanya switches sides, Adesanya’s footwork is far better. Am I giving Pereira no chance to win? Not at all. I’m giving this a 51-49 in favor of Adesanya. Israel Adesanya also has the option to take Alex down.”

We have seen Izzy get taken down by Jan. You would assume Periera's team would at least focus some attention to takedowns. If it goes the distance in round 5, he should surprise with a shoot and get the takedown.

We have seen Izzy get taken down by Jan. You would assume Periera's team would at least focus some attention to takedowns. If it goes the distance in round 5, he should surprise with a shoot and get the takedown.
I think it should be the other way around. Alex has been taken down in two different fights by guys who aren't wrestlers or take down artists at all

Izzy has fought plenty of actual grapplers, wrestlers etc. who couldn't control him outside of the bigger Jan

5510C94C-1F0B-4F87-A6AB-2383FF9BC593.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom