The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

^^^Yair had to be gentleman and step out the way.

Volk chasing greatness, champ/champ ish. And Islam is chasing the #1 P4P ranking.

If Yair was smart and also chasing a pay check, fight Arnold.

Neal Magny. All time wins in the WW division.

He’s got 20 wins in the UFC if my math is right.

Sucks for D Rod.

Last edited:
She still can.

The 115 picture won’t crystallize until after next week. It is wild Rose doesn’t have a fight after that Esparza debacle.

It's not a fixed fight, but Krause got to be sweating bullets, lol. Everything points to him or someone from that gym tipping off that their fighter's going in with a bad injury to the fight. It will all probably lead to fines, tighter gambling rules, and hopefully more thorough medicals done pre fight. Minner should not have been fighting with an already blown knee just like TJ and his shoulder.

I'm gonna say this again: I think Izzy should wrestle and grapple. A lot of analysts and some of you guys think there's no way he does that

I rewatched the kickboxing matches again and though I don't think you can automatically take the results and translate them to MMA- you can take some themes

IMO Izzy won their first match, I believe Izzy outpointed him. In both kickboxing matches, Izzy fought way more aggressive than we've seen of him lately in MMA due to the big gloves and was in the pocket way more

The second match, Izzy was yet again outpointing him before getting slept

In both fights, Alex was definitely stalking and still made it competitive. Felt like Izzy was quicker and slightly one step ahead though

Fast forward to today: I just feel like you're playing with fire if you choose to stand with Alex for 25 minutes in these little gloves. Why not play MMA in an MMA match. Izzy could probably control the fight, a lot of the fight but that's until Alex lands that left hook

City Kickboxing aint above strategizing over pride and style points, I'm definitely looking forward to this. I've been calling this match since Alex made his return to MMA in LFA

I'm gonna say this again: I think Izzy should wrestle and grapple. A lot of analysts and some of you guys think there's no way he does that

I rewatched the kickboxing matches again and though I don't think you can automatically take the results and translate them to MMA- you can take some themes

IMO Izzy won their first match, I believe Izzy outpointed him. In both kickboxing matches, Izzy fought way more aggressive than we've seen of him lately in MMA due to the big gloves and was in the pocket way more

The second match, Izzy was yet again outpointing him before getting slept

In both fights, Alex was definitely stalking and still made it competitive. Felt like Izzy was quicker and slightly one step ahead though

Fast forward to today: I just feel like you're playing with fire if you choose to stand with Alex for 25 minutes in these little gloves. Why not play MMA in an MMA match. Izzy could probably control the fight, a lot of the fight but that's until Alex lands that left hook

City Kickboxing aint above strategizing over pride and style points, I'm definitely looking forward to this. I've been calling this match since Alex made his return to MMA in LFA
In Khabib's voice, “so this guy going to learn to clinch, wrestling, like freestyle wrestling, like Greco Roman wrestling, grappling, Thai clinch, okay in four months?” Go ahead prepare.

Not saying Izzy can’t Francis N’Gannou his way to a victory. I, personally, have not seen any evidence except in the defense of such tactics. Alex is a big dude too. He’s probably going to weigh 220+ on fight night.

I got it as a pick ‘em right now. Either a turdtastic game of feints, leg kicks, long jabs, etc. He might throw in wrestling but it can’t be constant because that’s not part of his game and he doesn’t want to tire out.

I can also see Alex bringing the fight to him. And KOing him.

In Khabib's voice, “so this guy going to learn to clinch, wrestling, like freestyle wrestling, like Greco Roman wrestling, grappling, Thai clinch, okay in four months?” Go ahead prepare.

Not saying Izzy can’t Francis N’Gannou his way to a victory. I, personally, have not seen any evidence except in the defense of such tactics. Alex is a big dude too. He’s probably going to weigh 220+ on fight night.

I got it as a pick ‘em right now. Either a turdtastic game of feints, leg kicks, long jabs, etc. He might throw in wrestling but it can’t be constant because that’s not part of his game and he doesn’t want to tire out.

I can also see Alex bringing the fight to him. And KOing him.
No, he will not "learn wrestling in 4 months" but if you think Izzy hasn't been training wrestling/grappling since he transitioned into MMA I think that's a little naive

All he has to do is implement those tactics, not dominate in them or switch up his whole style. Just like Francis did as you referenced yourself

Alex was getting taken down by Bruno F'n Silva :rofl:

No reason Izzy couldn't get him down either and give Alex different looks to think about

Yeah Izzy was def beating Alex in both the kick boxing matches. Izzy seems real confident about this and calm. He got this fight this Saturday

I think Izzy uses wrestling like Justin Gaethje. Defensively.

I’m not saying he’s shouldn’t use wrestling and grappling. I said he should sporadically. But to spend a whole fight trying to take this man down? Nah. That’s not in his repertoire and may lead to exhaustion and fatigue.

And I’m sure Alex has been doing some defensive wrestling and grappling in preparation. My man trains with Glover.

I think things are going to be business as usual for Izzy (while possibly adding in those takedowns here or there).

Back
Top Bottom