The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Folks are paying to see it. He’s got a customer/fan base. He probably needs a good foil like a Conor McGregor or Nate Diaz for his Star to climb. Eventually folks will tire of it since there’s no consequences. So eventually, he’ll have to challenge real boxers.

Max? Man, he’s still young. He tried the 155 thing…against Porier (and definitely seemed to catch a bad case of CTE). If Volk moves up, he’s back to where he’s at now. I don’t think he’d compete with the new crop or the wrestlers.

I honestly think Volk will drop the 145 belt if he can win the 155 one. The challenges are more intriguing there.

Max is young in age but man's been fighting for a loooonnng time. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he only has a couple fun fights left in him and decides to retire. Makes mad money just off his gaming stream and sponsors. Even in all his interviews leading up to the 3rd Volk fight his talks about the future was more about having fun fights and not chasing titles.

IIRC, that interim fight with Porier was kind of a short notice fight. Pretty sure they only knew about it within a couple months time.

Max wont wrestle so it’s skraight stand up. Max bouncing his fist off Conor’s head. Max can hang for five rounds. And he seems to pick up round second and third round.

The biggest thing I see as a positive for izzy outside of skills is that he really seems to be moved on from the 2 losses in kickboxing

You can just tell he don’t hold on to those

That ain't too bad tbh. Don't know what he was expecting when the build up was tame and respectful from both sides and the fact that boxing fans don't care at all for either fighter.

Diaz would definitely do 2-2.5x more just off his star power.

Aljo really gonna wait til June!? This guy does himself no favors smh. Welp Suga-Cejudo or potentially rematch with Chipotle incoming for the interim...

Max should just try and get a fight with Conor at 155 then call it a career if he loses. He doesn’t really have anything left to prove since there’s not much of chance he faces volk again.
I'll bet every dime in my bank account that Conor won't take that fight.

Max whoops him and one more bad loss and his ride is officially over.

...after that it's Jake Paul or reality tv.

If sterling is going to wait until June, I don’t see how the ufc doesn’t make him wait another one and throw him on international fight card in Vegas since suga loves Vegas. Sterling is not headlining a card.

waiting til June!?! he didn't take any damage last fight
Honestly nobody even cares about Sterling

This is very sad. I think having a young talented African-American champ could be amazing not just for the sport but for everything else beyond fighting

But they can easily make another fight, not necessarily for the Interim belt but for the #1 contender. Would be very good business and a great match

Such as O'Malley vs Sandhagen or Vera or Cejudo

Any of those fights would be dope as hell and we wouldn't miss Sterling, not one bit lol. The belt can stay on hold until June since I really don't think anyone's made such an emphatic claim for a title shot

Annnnd it’s about to be over

It’s always a game of diminishing returns. He’s…kind of attractive to MMA fans more than boxing due to his approach. It also doesn’t help that his fights aren’t exciting. But in his defense, how many million PPV guys are out there right now? It’s all respective matchups that the fans WANT (importantly).
That ain't too bad tbh. Don't know what he was expecting when the build up was tame and respectful from both sides and the fact that boxing fans don't care at all for either fighter.

Diaz would definitely do 2-2.5x more just off his star power.
A Diaz card would definitely do better. How much especially with the difference in size, weight, etc. They could definitely generate a better build up though. We know Nate and the 209 are always good for the antics.
Been saying max/Conor is perfect fight for both. Let max get that big payday
I low key got Max as the favorite. Wouldn’t be mad at that matchup.
Aljo really gonna wait til June!? This guy does himself no favors smh. Welp Suga-Cejudo or potentially rematch with Chipotle incoming for the interim...

Yan has probably fought a few times in the last year (Sandhagen, Aljo, and Sugah).

Izzy has been busy. So has Volk. Jiri about to rematch. Champs are expected to fight 2X a year. Three are for the hungry, healthy and those pursuing checks.

Aljo doesn’t do himself any favors.

Good god, this guy is arguably the least worthy belt holder in the history of the UFC.

I say "belt holder" because he's not even a champion in my mind.

That's probably not even a fair thing to say, but it's just how I feel.

His new nickname should be "Elongated Man."

...doing every thing he possibly can to stretch his reign out as long as possible.

Back
Top Bottom