The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah, not to say he wasn’t a freak athlete or good mix martial artist but he was and still is one of the only MMA athletes to take that approach with Freddy Roach, John Daniher (sp), etc. From what I know, he didn’t have a HS/college background like some wrestlers; yet he was an amazing grappler in BJJ/takedowns. And his jab was insane. I really wish Danah would have entertained that Khabib/GSP fight.

GSP is a true student of the game and yea hes definitely worked his *** off and has some natural ability/good genetics.

He seems to love being in shape post mma career and maybe he boxes once he's truly freed from the UFC (forgot the current conditions just know he was blocked from boxing last year).

Exactly. Danaher, Firas, Greg Jackson, Roach...The list goes on. And God knows what else we're not seeing/hearing about.

Exactly. Danaher, Firas, Greg Jackson, Roach...The list goes on. And God knows what else we're not seeing/hearing about.
He took a Lebron approach to MMA. Spending money on the best training, training and nutrition.

That’s the ducky part of fighter pay conversation. Most of these fighters can’t do that. Roach is in LA. Danaher in NY. Jackson/Winklejohn in New Mexico. Firas in Montreal.

PI seems like a boon. Fight Ready is in NM I think.

As an enthusiast, is the wrestling and Tri-Star expensive? I felt back before these COVID times…I had a gym that was like $200+ for unlimited classes a month.

He took a Lebron approach to MMA. Spending money on the best training, training and nutrition.

That’s the ducky part of fighter pay conversation. Most of these fighters can’t do that. Roach is in LA. Danaher in NY. Jackson/Winklejohn in New Mexico. Firas in Montreal.

PI seems like a boon. Fight Ready is in NM I think.

As an enthusiast, is the wrestling and Tri-Star expensive? I felt back before these COVID times…I had a gym that was like $200+ for unlimited classes a month.

I bit the bullet and paid for the year one time. It's cheaper then if you go monthly or 3 months blocks. Cost me about 1400$ gives me access to the full schedual. Between striking, mma and bjj there are about 4 classes every day. But the technique and the level of the guys there is something special. I tried alot of bjj gyms (Toronto BJJ, Matt Serra, Marcelo in NY) and the only one that compared to Tristar was Marcelos but its only BJJ over there. For example Tristar I'll go to a BJJ class today there will be 30+ high level guys. Then I'll go back tomorrow, same thing but different guys from the day before. Different body types, all savages. It's definitely humbling rolling at Tristar.

The wrestling class for my kids is dirt cheap I can't beleive it. I think they do that to find the best young talent and take them all the way. They work those kids man. Watching those 8, 9 year olds go at it is something. Beautiful wrestling it's as good as watching fights. But It's a bit intense, last week there was one kid crying, but he didn't stop, he was wrestling his *** off and crying at the same time because he wanted to win. It was crazy

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and paid for the year one time. It's cheaper then if you go monthly or 3 months blocks. Cost me about 1400$ and I have access to the full schedual. Between striking, mma and bjj there are about 4 classes every day. But the technique and the level of the guys there is something special. I tried alot of bjj gyms (Toronto BJJ, Matt Serra, Marcelo in NY) and the only one that compared to Tristar was Marcelos but its only BJJ over there. For example Tristar I'll go to a BJJ class today there will be 30+ high level guys. Then I'll go back tomorrow, same thing but different guys from the day before. Different body types, all savages. It's definitely humbling rolling at Tristar.

The wrestling class for my kids is dirt cheap I can't beleive it. I think they do that to find the best young talent and take them all the way. They work those kids man. Watching those 8, 9 year old kids go at it is something. Beautiful wrestling it's as good as watching fights. But It's a bit intense, last week there was one kid crying, but he didn't stop, he was wrestling his *** off and crying at the same time because he wanted to win. It was crazy
Jesus I love reading this

Wish I had the time and means to do the same. When I have kids I’ll do the same thing though that’s a fact

Looking forward to tomorrow's card. I think Kattar proves to be too much for Emmett and avoids his big shot then pick Josh apart in the later rounds to win a UD. Fight should be a banger though.

Got TJ in that one. Aljo's striking is terrible and he's not gonna be able to have his way in the wrestling like he did with Yan

What’s the point of deron Winn lol

Coming in I thought he was gonna be this dominant wrestler lmao

He’s trash as hell and tiny af

Back
Top Bottom