The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It’s wild. They’re both irrelevant.

Like no one in boxing is doing that. They’re calling out champs or big names (who are winning). You can’t build your legacy fighting losers.

It’s just as bad as Bisping’s only title defense.

Just goes to show UFC just promotes itself and not it’s fighters. If you had to say who were the NEW big stars 2018-now. Izzy and Masvidal (even though he’d been fighting for forever).

We’re hard cores so we know who Ankalaev, Gane, Cannonier, Edwards, etc are. And I think Colby, O’Malley, Holloway, Usman, etc could become superstars if they got a promotional engine behind them.

Red panties baybeeeeeeee

Can charlie olives take that left hand shot though?

I’m all for it, Charlie just ran through all the killers, he’s earned the right to pick whomever he wants….sure to be a banger. 🔥

Oliveria certainly deserves to pick his fights

Nobody can complain about Islam complaining or being theatrical though. It's clear as day Oliveria is avoiding Islam for the Conor pay day

Oliveria withstands Conor imo and beats him by TKO or sub

After Usman takes the belt in bellator, you think we end up seeing him in the ufc at some point?
imo it's only a matter of time. I'm wondering if they purposely put Usman in Bellator so he wouldn't have to cross paths with Islam

Then at some point they can sit down with Islam and Usman and have one of them move up to 170

I saw Deron Winn with a wet tee. Does that mean he’s winning Saturday?
Means he probably coming in at 205.

After Usman takes the belt in bellator, you think we end up seeing him in the ufc at some point?
He signed for a multi year contract so I'm guessing it was a 5 fight deal maybe from the start. Then they have the champ clause which is ÷2 fights.

Honestly I don't want to see him in the UFC til he's 28ish. Let him get more experience and come in prime and ready to fight the top 10-15 guys at 155 right off the back.

It's clear as day Oliveria is avoiding Islam for the Conor pay day
I think it’s safe to say Charlie ain’t avoiding anyone…he just recognizes an opportunity for the biggest bag of his career. (Can you blame him, he been in the game 15+ years, his lady deserve the red panties)

Islam gonna be there, hes not going anywhere. Olivera doing it right IMO…gotta pace yourself as champion if you want a long, dominant reign.

I think it’s safe to say Charlie ain’t avoiding anyone…he just recognizes an opportunity for the biggest bag of his career. (Can you blame him, he been in the game 15+ years, his lady deserve the red panties)

Islam gonna be there, hes not going anywhere. Olivera doing it right IMO…gotta pace yourself as champion if you want a long, dominant reign.
Avoid is not the right word but clearly not calling for Islam who is the rightful challenger of not him then darieush

That’s just fact but again Charles deserves a money fight so I’m not criticizing him

Other people previously were questioning why Islam was acting disrespectful towards Charles, the answer was evident then and is the same now

I now see why GSP was so good. I started training at tristar recently. He's supposed to be retired but he's training like he's in camp. I'm there 4 times a week I always see him. Always working. I was leaving wrestling practice at a top wrestling program I have my kids in (not tristar im talking pure wrestling) the next group to train are the teens. Top level wrestlers trying to make Olympics and ****. Who do I see strolling in to join em? GSP. I notice everything he does he picks the very best in the city, and gets to work. Conditioning, Jiu jitsu, wrestling gymnastics etc... He really loves this ****. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for another one off

Last edited:
I notice everything he does he picks the very best in the city, and gets to work. Conditioning, Jiu jitsu, wrestling gymnastics etc... He really loves this ****. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for another one off
Yeah, not to say he wasn’t a freak athlete or good mix martial artist but he was and still is one of the only MMA athletes to take that approach with Freddy Roach, John Daniher (sp), etc. From what I know, he didn’t have a HS/college background like some wrestlers; yet he was an amazing grappler in BJJ/takedowns. And his jab was insane. I really wish Danah would have entertained that Khabib/GSP fight.

GSP is a true student of the game and yea hes definitely worked his *** off and has some natural ability/good genetics.

He seems to love being in shape post mma career and maybe he boxes once he's truly freed from the UFC (forgot the current conditions just know he was blocked from boxing last year).

Can't wait for Aljo/TJ. Hope Aljo makes quick work of him. That Aldo/Merab scrap if its made should be a title eliminator.

Back
Top Bottom