The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I hope jiri can hold on to the belt and we can get a fight between him and Izzy

With the way he leaves his chin out there I’m scared all it takes is one punch from Jan

Great event to have attended live, the fights throughout the fight card were good and entertaining.

Crowd atmosphere was electric glad it turned out well.

Have no idea how people were drinking beer at 7, 8 plus in the morning. :lol:
What a fight card to be at. Saw the front runners for KO and FOTY.

^^^What were those? I didn’t watch the card.
Zang/JJ and Glover/Jiri. Those 2 fights are must watch.

Weili looked incredible tonight. In her rematch with Rose it seemed like she played it waaaay to safe. Which is understandable after coming off her first KO loss. But this fight she brought back her physicality mixed in with heavy wrestling.

Adding in a spinning back fist off her missed body side kicks was a great addition. She never did that before and JJ slipped right in to it.

Nahhh no need to run that fight back. Marina deserves to be in an eliminator for her next fight. I say Marina vs Andrade/Rose for next title shot and give Dern whoever doesn't get that fight.

205 division aint trash

Reyes beat Jones, first and foremost...

Between Glover, Jan, Jiri those are true legit contenders and objectively great fighters. Glover prob gonna retire now though, but how can you say the man is trash lol. Nonsense

Then you have a few guys who have plenty of skill but just fought boring recently- Ankelaev, Rakic

It's not the greatest division but it surely isn't trash and hasn't been even with Jones leaving

Glover would normally finish guys in multiple positions he had jiri in last night, just an incredible fight.

If I’m glover, either wait for a rematch with jiri or retire. I don’t want to see him take any other fight outside of the belt at his age.

205 division aint trash

Reyes beat Jones, first and foremost...

Between Glover, Jan, Jiri those are true legit contenders and objectively great fighters. Glover prob gonna retire now though, but how can you say the man is trash lol. Nonsense

Then you have a few guys who have plenty of skill but just fought boring recently- Ankelaev, Rakic

It's not the greatest division but it surely isn't trash and hasn't been even with Jones leaving
I love watching greatness and a long dominant champ but having parity at 205 is fun as hell. Brings back the vibes of when it used to be the premier division and the belt was a hot potato.

Crazy we've had 3 champs so far in under 2 years :lol:

And having Jiri as champ to jump off the real next generation of LHW contenders is just perfect man.

This version of Weili will probably light Esparza up.

Yikes Talia suffered a broken orbital bone because of the head clash.

1655060535315.jpg

Next week's card looking solid.

This version of Weili will probably light Esparza up.

Yikes Talia suffered a broken orbital bone because of the head clash.
Especially if she keeps training with Fight Ready. Henry will mitigate Carla’s wrestling.

Miss Rodriguez probably needs another fight…

You know Dana favoring Weili for the Chinese interest.

Thought last night’s fight was a classic even if it came down to a strange mistake by Glover and neither fighter would exactly top a p4p ranking. Both are still worthy champs though and Jiri will get better.

A whole damn movie of twists and turns, blood, guts, and heart unfolded over those 24 and a half minutes. Nobody will forget what Jiri had to endure to fulfill his dream and destiny. I’m grateful to have gotten to witness two absolute warriors leave it all out there.

Just watched the card and what a night of fights! Glad I was able to remain unspoiled. In main event both guys had multiple chances to finish and I thought Glover had it in the 5th before he made a few big mistakes, should have kept it standing but he was gassed out there and admitted as much in post fight interview. Look forward to seeing Jiri more though, he and Jan next might get made.

Jj got slept, Zhang seemed a step ahead much of the fight before that though. Kind of figured this would be JJ's last if she didn't get the W though. I think Zhang makes quick work of Carla especially since her ground game is so much improved since first JJ fight.

Jj got slept, Zhang seemed a step ahead much of the fight before that though. Kind of figured this would be JJ's last if she didn't get the W though. I think Zhang makes quick work of Carla especially since her ground game is so much improved since first JJ fight.
Do you think she can be a problem for the division if she’s less tentative(a la the second Rose fight) and trains further with Fight Ready/Henry?

Do you think she can be a problem for the division if she’s less tentative(a la the second Rose fight) and trains further with Fight Ready/Henry?
I do think she could go on a run if she continues training with Fight Ready. She was much improved in the 2nd Rose fight but I think Rose is still a tough matchup for her. So if she gets past Carla I could see them making the 3rd Rose fight. It will also be interesting if they matchup Rose with someone like Marina as that would be a fight I'd like to see and could be a title eliminator.

Back
Top Bottom