The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Kevin Hollands is entertaining, but if he can’t stop a fighter like Tim Means from taking him down, then he’s never going to be a real contender.

He won…but still.

Kevin Hollands is entertaining, but if he can’t stop a fighter like Tim Means from taking him down, then he’s never going to be a real contender.

He won…but still.
Means was literally going for takedowns unprotected eating punches and knees. How do you train for that? :lol:

The fight wasn’t even close anyways.

Means was literally going for takedowns unprotected eating punches and knees. How do you train for that? :lol:

The fight wasn’t even close anyways.
Still got taken down multiple times.

…what do you think would happen against Covington or Usman?

Breh forget Usman and Covington and Chimaev

Holland called out Sean Brady. Get by him first then we can talk about those guys

But Brady would probably make Holland look very very poor

Could be either man’s fight

Ngl didn’t seem like anyone won it

Kattar had the best moments imo but that doesn’t mean he won

Round by round too close to call, overall fight too hard to call

Close fight, but Kattar deserved that win.

Emmett was landing on arms and gloves and whiffing huge punches. One trick pony.

Close fight, was a toss up. Kattar started off a bit slow. Don't think Emmett put a stamp to get next. Its up to Yair now to get an impressive win against Ortega for next.

Had Kattar 3-2. Jab won it for me.

Max probably gonna do Emmett like he did Kattar if that actually happens.

Could’ve gone either way.

Hard to tell a guy like Kattar that he needs to be more aggressive with his power punches when he’s got that kind of firepower coming back at him.

…but that’s what cost him the fight imo.

Close fight, was a toss up. Kattar started off a bit slow. Don't think Emmett put a stamp to get next. Its up to Yair now to get an impressive win against Ortega for next.
That's sad but you're right. Emmett by all means earned his title shot, unfortunately it wasn't an emphatic win

Yair doesn't deserve a shot even if he beats T City

I mean significant strike count from round 3-5 was in Kattar’s favor.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying because a lot of idiot judges think those huge misses land and score them.
Ok totally valid point on the judging

I think I can make the argument that Emmett won 1-3 on the cards but yeah super close

Judging and counting strikes in general is totally subject. You can’t see everything that lands or misses from one static angle.

That being said neither Emmett nor Kattar will ever be champ.

That's sad but you're right. Emmett by all means earned his title shot, unfortunately it wasn't an emphatic win

Yair doesn't deserve a shot even if he beats T City
100% Yair wouldn't but he just has a fan friendly style where I could see them giving him the shot if he sleeps Ortega.

If Max beats Volk ohhh mannn.. The division won't be moving along at the top for a while.

Back
Top Bottom