The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The ref had more than enough reason to stop Moraes/Merab when Merab was on queer street. Moraes is the worst finisher in the sport since entering the UFC.

I think Yan will hurt Merab and actually go for the finish/have the wrestling to prevent Merab from recovering like he did with Moraes.
Absolutely agree, Merab's win over Moraes could have easily easily easily been a TKO loss

I don't know if Moraes is statistically the worst finisher since joining the UFC, all I know is he finished Aljo, Rivera and Assuncao consecutively. Don't care what anyone says, that to me proved Moraes was the real deal and was a certified killer

Today? Obviously, not so much. Too many wars

Moraes had Cejudo badly hurt, arguably beat a rejuvenated Aldo and then basically took Merab to the edge of a certain finish

The Font fight... that was brutal, extremely late stoppage that probably accelerated Moraes demise

Far as Merab goes I don't count him out in a Yan matchup, I think his camp learned a lot about Yan over the years. Merab also himself learned from the Moraes fight. Has extreme heart, will and chin along with elite motor

I think it would be a competitive match, one that I would still favor Yan in

I thought we were gonna get aldo vs cruz?

If I was cejudo I would wait and hope tj beats sterling then angle for them to run it back again
Aldo called out Cruz

Seen a number of reporters and journalists call for Aldo to get the nod in these reaction shows

I can't tell if Dana would actually consider it but the more I think about it, it's at least a viable alternative

imo TJ lost to Sandhagen, so it is what it is. I wouldn't be mad if either guy got the fight

I question Leon’s chin, if he’s getting wobbled by Nate Diaz in 2022 not sure he can absorb the same shots Gilbert took.
I don't recall Leon ever being stumbled or knocked down before the Diaz fight

I think it's his ring IQ and overall striking defense. It's probably fair to question his chin, however I kind of have to give him credit for not being very hittable

It was clear he took his foot off the gas pedal when he was rocked by Diaz. I think he learned a valuable lesson there

Fair point though for sure

I don't recall Leon ever being stumbled or knocked down before the Diaz fight

I think it's his ring IQ and overall striking defense. It's probably fair to question his chin, however I kind of have to give him credit for not being very hittable

It was clear he took his foot off the gas pedal when he was rocked by Diaz. I think he learned a valuable lesson there

Fair point though for sure
I’m just going off memory but it feels like he’s hasn’t faced many good strikers? I’d say the best would have been Luque.

I’m just going off memory but it feels like he’s hasn’t faced many good strikers? I’d say the best would have been Luque.
Yup probably Luque. Only others were a semi on his way out but game Cerrone and a still solid but maybe too small RDA

But again, I think Leon took his eye off the prize against Nate. I don't think he repeats that same mistake again. Now, does that mean he won't get hit clean by Chimaev in a 5 rounder? ehhhhh, he probably will need to eat some stuff

On the subject of Luque, the beating Wonderboy put on him was ruthless. Luque is so much better than he showed in that fight and is always a live dog.

at least one knockdown, it was at the end of the 2nd. Look like there might have been another or more but couldn't tell if Khamzat slipped

I definitely think Khamzat won but it was close. Maybe there's an argument if fight was scored like Pride where its judged as a whole fight not round by round. This argument seems to come up a good amount but total strikes and knockdowns should be by round and not the fight itself.

A savage knockdown!! I don't even remember Khamzat getting more than one takedown (I wanna say round one when he ripped and dragged Gil across the floor).

But...Khamzat won round one. And he edged by in round three.
Khamzat got a takedown right after Gilbert landed that big shot to end the second. He was clearly on autopilot though.

Apart from the main event the fight card this weekend is pretty dire.
It's bad brah

The Bellator card on Friday has 2 really good fights, was supposed to be 3 but Jeremy Kennedy dropped out of his fight with Aaron Pico

Pico is staying on the card fighting some guy I never heard of :smh:

Kennedy is really experienced, fought in the UFC, fought Volk. Just beat Emmanuel Sanchez. Would have been a great test for Pico

Crazy. I’d like to see that fight. Volk is one of the smartest in the game. Can he and the team figure out the Dagestan wrestling puzzle?

Back
Top Bottom