The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The bigger pitbull brother started chirping at aj from the crowd lol

Aj said he was gonna beat both of them and destroy the pitbull legacy

I don’t see how this isn’t true

Colby’s path to defeat is to out volume strike him or chain wrestle and take him down/control him

I don’t favor those things to happen over chimaev rocking him with power shots or taking him down himself

Burns has way more power and bjj than colby
I may be way off on this, but at this point I'm not even sure if Kamaru is a harder fight for Khamzat than Burns.
Khamzat's hardest opponent are guys who are very comfortable being taken down by him and grappling (e.g. Burns). Usman has great wrestling, though not sure how it stacks up against Khamzat and he isn't exactly a submission artist.
Usman's last fight with Colby showed some holes in his striking that I think Khamzat will be able to exploit. Then again, the dude has a flawless record.

That's exactly what I was saying to my brother when we were watching the fight Saturday. He said I downplay Colby a lot because I hate his MAGA schtick (in reality?) but I agree with all of your points Vincent

I think if people want to say that Khamzat at his current best could beat Usman, then it’s not exactly a bad take

But Khamzat just showed us that when the lights get bright, he might not fight at his best. He might play into the crowd, the media circus, and all the **** talking he does in the buildup. Which is why it’s risky to feed him to Usman without another fight or 2 under his belt. You want to build him up to be the face of the division, and not risk giving him a setback and not reach his potential by fighting a lion in Usman too soon.

The longer usman doesn’t fight chimaev the lesser his odds are to win due to age, wear and tear and motivation

All the while chimaev gets hungrier and hungrier as he gets closer to realizing his dream

Chimaev imo proved that he has a great chin and at the very least solid take down defense

Time is Usman's enemy. Time is Chimaev's friend.

Same goes for the matchup against Colby.

Khamzat's fifth opponent was Gilbert Burns. Izzy's was Anderson Silva. Not taking away anything from Izzy but life came fast and hard for Khamzat during that fight. Anderson was a shadow of his former self.

I thought Khazmat could have wrestled if he wanted to but he chose to stand and bang for the fans 🔥

Yeah I stand by what I said, I think Khazmat beats usman now.

Why do you say that?

I feel like Usman>Covington>Edwards. But they all have different styles. This really is the greatest WW era.

chimaev swings for the fences way too much and leaves himself open to get hit. he needs to tighten his standup because usman, maga colby, and leon would all touch him up. he also needs to not get too hyped up before the fight even starts.

He repeatedly said he was too excited and looking for the ko too much following the win

Colby’s pillow hands would have to touch him a lot for him to feel much damage, but colby was able to daze usman some in their first fight

Chimeav has a good chin just like usman though

Oh, and obviously the Belal fight will prove a lot, but Luque might also be a tough matchup for Chimaev. Gotta see how Luque handles Belal's pressure and wrestling

Otherwise Luque seems very well rounded with subs, has some power and his pure striking is probably close to or on par with Leon

I look forward to seeing how Yan looks next fight. Had he not turned his back to sterling in the second/third round I really don’t see how sterling wins. He took yans back and couldn’t get a submission with his legs locked up in dominant control over the course of 7 minutes. Aside from those 2 key moments, yan stopped 20 takedowns

Merab gonna test Yan again on the mat if they match up

Vera/Font are fighting soon, maybe one of them gets the nod for Yan

Also, there's a small movement starting that Aljo should fight Aldo instead of TJ. Not sure what Dana might feel about that

Aldo is possibly a more favorable matchup than TJ.

Also TJ/Henry 2 at BW would be lit. Henry got mad matchups he could have at 135 and 145.

I thought we were gonna get aldo vs cruz?

If I was cejudo I would wait and hope tj beats sterling then angle for them to run it back again

The ref had more than enough reason to stop Moraes/Merab when Merab was on queer street. Moraes is the worst finisher in the sport since entering the UFC.

I think Yan will hurt Merab and actually go for the finish/have the wrestling to prevent Merab from recovering like he did with Moraes.

Back
Top Bottom