The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If Islam didn't exist, I would be all for Volk fighting the winner of Oliveria v Justin

But I really want Islam to get the shot. idk if Dana is holding a grudge against him still for not fighting RDA :smh:

Volk shouldn't skip Islam in any way. I hope it doesn't go down like that... and again, I actually am interested in how Volk would do up at 155

Volk's cut doesn't seem that difficult so staying at 45 wouldn't be so bad. There's still Max, Allen, Zabit and possibly cejudo

Still outside guys like Mitchell and toporia

Yea, I recognize that…I was addressing his video not you per say.

Nobody beats present Usman. As a fight fan, I simply want to see the most entertaining fights. And I don’t see how anybody can argue Usman vs Khamzat won’t be entertaining. Khamzat ready idk what people are talkin about.
Yes sir, bring the fight. I agree with everything you said

Bro, 50 g's? what in the..... good on him though lol

Looks like Longo's hype job leading up for the past few months was justified

Didn’t Drake have a crazy bet on Masvidal KO? That seems normal for a high roller.

I can only imagine how much money Mayweather has lost in gambling compared to what I have earned in wages lol.

Besides his stature, Volk would do well against 155ers. Also, wasn’t he at one point a 200 pound rugby player?

Didn’t Drake have a crazy bet on Masvidal KO? That seems normal for a high roller.

I can only imagine how much money Mayweather has lost in gambling compared to what I have earned in wages lol.

Besides his stature, Volk would do well against 155ers. Also, wasn’t he at one point a 200 pound rugby player?
That’s Drake though, lol. Have no clue who this dude is

I’ve been hearing and reading the sentiment from the mma community that a large segment is down on chimaev now

Lmfao

What in the world. Mma fans Breh. Dumb breed

I agree with the coach 100%.

Khamzat went in there with the wrong mindset initially. The sprinting to the cage. Perching on the cage like an eagle. And then slang and banging with Gilbert. No head movement. Just war of attrition.

I think a lot of folks felt he had that supernatural Khabib aurora. Where he has immense strength and can completely crush (smesh) a human being. We knew he had power in the hands.

He just got to go in there with a scalpel vice dull hammer mentality.

Dude proved it hanging in there with Gilbert. Sort of reminded me of the Hooker/Porier fight. But this time, the up and comer showed his grit.

Khabib never had to fight someone of burns caliber in his like 11th pro fight. Khabib didn’t fight in the ufc until fight #17

Not saying chimaev is better but it’s clearly a different situation and I still believe chimaev does have a special aura to him

It takes fights like these to learn about yourself, it was never gonna be smooth sailing every single fight

Tweaks should be made but the foundation of a champion is clearly there

Khabib never had to fight someone of burns caliber in his like 11th pro fight. Khabib didn’t fight in the ufc until fight #17

Not saying chimaev is better but it’s clearly a different situation and I still believe chimaev does have a special aura to him

It takes fights like these to learn about yourself, it was never gonna be smooth sailing every single fight

Tweaks should be made but the foundation of a champion is clearly there
Agreed. That was Khamzat's fifth fight in the UFC.

UFC strapped the rocket to his back with no concern about his welfare. They're a little loose with it. Paddy the Baddy getting Cans. O'Malley still not fighting top 15 opponents.

Lest we forget, they tried to pit Khamzat against Leon Edwards lol. Realistically, Chimaev should have fought a Neal Magny type.

Khabib did not go into the deep end of the pool as quick as Israel or Khamzat.

For Dana to say the judges blew the Aljo decision was telling. I guess Dana prefers Yan

I mean imo it was a close fight under UFC rule set. Under PRIDE rules I think Sterling won clearly

I don't know if that was a 10-8 round though, I saw a lot of people saying it should have been

I don't think Sterling proved he was clearly a better fighter though. Yan was dominating him in the first fight and then got controlled in the rematch. I don't want to see the third fight right away but there's clearly unfinished business there

Like someone said, Yan v Merab is clearly the fight to make

Damage wasn't really there until the end of the round. Aljo definitely had control and dominated round two. So I could see how the judges might have felt it was a 10-9 round.

And round one was definitely razor thin.

This isn't Max/Volkov 2...the judges definitely got it right. Funny how Dana chimes in to who he likes. Maybe if Aljo was Russian, Irish, a racist MAGA...

Having said that...Petr Yan is the best BW. He just got caught in the same trap back-to-back rounds. Aljo conditioned him in the first round with the kicks (low, front).

If Aljo fights TJ...if it's the TJ of old, I give the advantage to TJ. If it's an older, washed TJ, I give it to Aljo. TJ has better striking. The wrestling is the question mark.

Florida is so trash for rooting against Aljo. Fully expected it though.
Was talking to my friend about this. Realize how there's never a USA chant when a black athlete fights some white blonde fighter?
But there's almost always a guaranteed USA chant when a white American fighter is up against a foreigner.

Yeah Aljo played the heel character up, but this happens on even early prelim cards where there's no name recognition.

PR?

I think his concern is the possibility of the event being cancelled due to the Pacific lock downs. New Zealand and Australia don't play. US relaxing restrictions...while the Pacific is facing rising cases.

They really aren't aggressive in their fan-based events. They also seem to book venues, etc later than earlier due to COVID.

Some of y'all were trippin in here saying Burns was robbed :lol:

Burns himself didn't even come close to saying anything like that or any of his coaches or media

Gilbert a soldier. He loves the sport. He love scrapping. Probably don't care about fighter pay. He's the opposite of Colby avoiding tough opponents.

Hopefully, he doesn't drop down too far (maybe #3 or #4). They give him a ME with a game opponent.

Feel like Belal and Luque in a weird spot. Either of them win...then what? We still don't have a date for Leon/Kamaru 2.

Should be a good show minus Ian Garry lol. TJ going to talk spicy about Aljo. Longo going to prop Aljo. Volk going to talk dominating 155. Brian Stann going to talk about that Khamzat clip.

Gilbert a soldier. He loves the sport. He love scrapping. Probably don't care about fighter pay.

Hopefully, he doesn't drop down too far (maybe #3 or #4). They give him a ME with a game opponent.

Feel like Belal and Luque in a weird spot. Either of them win...then what? We still don't have a date for Leon/Kamaru 2.
Luque and Belal are kinda screwed here

Leon might be saved after all with Chimaev welcoming any fight even if it's not for the title

They could use Burns as the potential "lamb" for Sean Brady.. or... they could make Jorge v Burns... stark contrast on which path his career could take

I'm glad you brought up Sean Brady. He's kind of screwed too.

That division is kind of backed up at the moment. And it's not like, it's Kamaru's fault. He fought three times last year. I think the "mistake" was doing the rematches. But I understand, it was for the dough.

Luque and Belal definitely going to be in the queue. We're not getting a title fight until July/August/September.

It's crazy. They might as well make a Smackdown Championship lol.

Brady still has work to do. imo he's still 2 fights away so I don't consider him screwed

Luque, with a win over Belal, he would have def earned a title shot, but I doubt he gets it without at least 1 injury to someone. So I would say he is screwed for sure

Brady doesn't have the resume to demand anything yet but he's on his way. The division should clear up by the time he gets a few more quality wins

I've probably never looked at the title picture as "screwed" before but a lot of these champions are fighting 1-2 a year. HW is pretty much locked up until they figure out this interim nonsense and Francis contract. WW title won't be defended for seven months.

You might say, what's the big deal? Maybe nothing if folks fighting only 1-2 a year. But most up and comers fighting 2-3.

Sean Brady is screwed. Who is he supposed to fight to move up? He beat Chiesa. Now what? Luque/Belal tied up. Colby ducking. Edwards waiting for Usman. Burns/Khamzat just fought.

And the winner of Belal/Luque is supposed to just sit out and not make money?

Back
Top Bottom