The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I've probably never looked at the title picture as "screwed" before but a lot of these champions are fighting 1-2 a year. HW is pretty much locked up until they figure out this interim nonsense and Francis contract. WW title won't be defended for seven months.

You might say, what's the big deal? Maybe nothing if folks fighting only 1-2 a year. But most up and comers fighting 2-3.

Sean Brady is screwed. Who is he supposed to fight to move up? He beat Chiesa. Now what? Luque/Belal tied up. Colby ducking. Edwards waiting for Usman. Burns/Khamzat just fought.

And the winner of Belal/Luque is supposed to just sit out and not make money?
Bro, Brady hasn't done a damb thing to say he's screwed lol

He can still fight, Wonderboy, Jorge, the loser of Luque/Belal or Burns

Cejudo wants to fight at 145 for the belt and become triple champ

I doubt he takes a warmup fight with a 135'er who isn't even champ

But I do wonder if Dana will require Cejudo to take a non title fight first. Give him Emmett if so

Cejudo legitimately has a lot of high-profile fights he can engage in. Hopefully, Hunter (the Bad Cop) will help raise his fight pay. It really is crazy how dirty they do the lighter weight classes. Wonder what Yan and Aljo got paid? Or Volk?

I truly believe Volk is one of the best fighters in the world in any division

I don't think I'm ready to say he put himself way ahead of Max though

I'm reading a lot of that sentiment after Saturday, that Volk established himself as the best FW. We all respect Zombie but he wasn't even a top 5 FW coming into the fight imo (Volk, Max, T City, Allen, Kattar)

Volk put on a show no doubt but that doesn't tell me he's separated himself from Max. I need to see that trilogy to prove it

It's hard to make that distinction. Honestly. Especially, in light of Holloway/Volkanowski 2.

I "think" Volk should fight Max to put an exclamation mark on the rivalry. But Volk beat Chad Mendes, Aldo, Max (in their first fight), TKZ, T.City, etc along this run.

I'd honestly say they're tied right now. Mainly because Max has that second Porier loss and first Volk loss.

Can't be mad at that list. Is the Irish Fella Distant Third?

And it's crazy that 2A and 2B have wins over #1? Or #3?

But, I agree. Aldo is the greatest FW thanks to his dominance and title defenses.

But separating the FW conversation from the talent Volk is...20 straight wins. Wins over Aldo, Max, TKZ, Mendes, Ortega, and Elkins. Definitely better to have the conversation tail end of next year to see where Max and Volk truly fall in the hierarchy. If Max didn't have those two losses, then he'd have the edge with the number of FW legends he's defeated and fought.

Khazmat ready for the belt.

His size gonna be too much for Usman.
Height?

Usman probably 190 fully hydrated. He also has an amazing striking coach in Trevor Whitman (and Henry Hoof). Has a good wrestling background (maybe not the same as Colby, DC, etc). And has insane conditioning.

I think Khamzat WILL be a champion in the future. This year? We'll see.

Can't be mad at that list. Is the Irish Fella Distant Third?

And it's crazy that 2A and 2B have wins over #1? Or #3?

But, I agree. Aldo is the greatest FW thanks to his dominance and title defenses.

But separating the FW conversation from the talent Volk is...20 straight wins. Wins over Aldo, Max, TKZ, Mendes, Ortega, and Elkins. Definitely better to have the conversation tail end of next year to see where Max and Volk truly fall in the hierarchy. If Max didn't have those two losses, then he'd have the edge with the number of FW legends he's defeated and fought.

Yeah, Conor gotta be 3rd. I agree with Max being #1 if he didn't have to two losses to Volk.

I just really enjoyed Aldo's aurora when he was finishing people and piecing them up.

Volk is on a crazy run right now. If he beats Max for the 3rd time I would like to see him try LW to cement himself even more.

Khazmat ready for the belt.

His size gonna be too much for Usman.

I think Khamzat will be the future WW champ but I don't think currently he will beat Usman.

Height?

Usman probably 190 fully hydrated. He also has an amazing striking coach in Trevor Whitman (and Henry Hoof). Has a good wrestling background (maybe not the same as Colby, DC, etc). And has insane conditioning.

I think Khamzat WILL be a champion in the future. This year? We'll see.
Yup height & length.

Yup height & length.
Usman has longer reach lol. He's only two inches shorter. Taller than Gilbert.

Also got a lot more faith in Kamaru's coaches. He also has access to the best tech, nutrition, training partners TODAY. He also trained with Gilbert during the camp....

Unless Khamzat jumps to Fight Ready and we see Henry in the Embedded as a trusted corner man lol. Again, I BELIEVE Khamzat will be champion one day.

Cejudo can wait behind Max but honestly it would be good to have Cejudo back whether at 135 or 145

Unless Max or Allen have some kind of contract impasse with Dana, I am leaning towards Cejudo having to take a non title fight first

Anyone else get a kick out of Ian Garry's post fight interview?

"Give me anyone and I'll knock them out"

Immediately after not coming close to knocking out the opponent he just fought :lol:

Anyone else get a kick out of Ian Garry's post fight interview?

"Give me anyone and I'll knock them out"

Immediately after not coming close to knocking out the opponent he just fought :lol:
What if I told you, in his last two post-fight interviews, he's plagiarized another Irish Fella...?

If Dana is hoping the Irish Pot of Gold strikes hot twice...

How come AJ doesn't have colored nails or pearls like Izzy?

Also, looks like Pitbull is giving up height and length to AJ...

Won't lie. I'm geeked for the Anderson/Nemkov fight.

Back
Top Bottom