The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I'd personally rather see the Volk/Max trilogy fight later this year. Volk took little damage against KZ so thinking they could make that fight late summer to early fall at the latest.
That should absolutely be the fight, Max deserves it and Volk needs it if he wants to claim being the best 145 in the world as well as the GOAT 145er

I love how Volk is getting universal praise now from everyone and even the fans

But I saw the man lose with my own two eyes against Max. I rewatched the fight several times. He lost. A lot of smart people said the same thing

Yet after the Zombie fight it was "has Volk passed Aldo for GOAT" is Volk now top 2 P4P?

There were serious debates about this by the same smart people who said Max beat Volk :lol:

Make it make sense

Volk has unfinished business with Max. If Volk beats him, ok everyone can honestly say 2-1 Volk. He's the GOAT

And then now we're saying we'd be OK with Volk skipping Islam for the 155 title shot? :lol:

Hellllllll nahhhhhhhhhhhh

That should absolutely be the fight, Max deserves it and Volk needs it if he wants to claim being the best 145 in the world as well as the GOAT 145er

I love how Volk is getting universal praise now from everyone and even the fans

But I saw the man lose with my own two eyes. I rewatched the fight several times. He lost. A lot of smart people said the same thing

Yet after the Zombie fight it was "has Volk passed Aldo for GOAT" is Volk now top 2 P4P?

There were serious debates about this by the same smart people who said Max beat Volk :lol:

Make it make sense

Volk has unfinished business with Max. If Volk beats him, ok everyone can honestly say 2-1 Volk. He's the GOAT

And then now we're saying we'd be OK with Volk skipping Islam for the 155 title shot? :lol:

Hellllllll nahhhhhhhhhhhh
100% agree. Don't know how anybody saw that different. Max still the champ in my eyes.

The crazy thing is, Volk is on the doorstep of being in the overall GOAT convo

If Volk pulls off a clean win against Max and then goes up and beats Islam or Oliveria for the belt...

At that point you wouldn't be able to deny it really

tbh, that path is right there waiting for him

I agree. Chef Volkanovski should run it back with Max.

FW GOAT conversation? Nah. Aldo is #1 based on resume and longevity. But he's definitely in contention with Max for #2.

Alex beat Max in their first fight. Alex and his team are smart. Max DID win the second fight. Rounds 1 and 2 were clear Max. Round 3 was when the momentum started to shift but you still give the edge to Max. Max was doing his usual stand up styling. He "knocked" Alex down a few times. It was looking bleak for Alex. But...if we're talking Alex's fight IQ and his team...they definitely shut Max the remainder of the fight.

But...I'm definitely interested in Islam/Volk.

They didn't give Gilbert a knockdown in round 2 either. He joked and said it was a push up in that interview I posted.

One of the punches that landed to Chimaev was on the back of the head (not really illegal in the context of the exchange)

That punch should have knocked him down or out lmao. I still wonder how Chimaev ate all those hard shots but especially that one that thew off his equilibrium

There was a big *** bump there after

Most other guys are getting TKO'd shortly after

Yeah. A friend shared a clip. I could see it was looping and may have hit the back of his head. I also saw that second take down lol.

Great scrap. Truly the best WW fight since Usman/Covington 1. This could be a big year for UFC. I hope they can make some of those big fights a la Jon/Stipe. Tui/Aspinal. Figgy/Somebody. Aljo/TJ. Aldo/Somebody. Volk/Max 3. Pena/Nunes 2. Yawner McGregor.

Edit: Love the shirt and glasses on Capt A. Also, I think that is a legit fight for Alex to take at FW prior to moving up to LW. Cements his legacy as the greatest FW (if he beats Max). I think Henry would beat Max.

Yeah. A friend shared a clip. I could see it was looping and may have hit the back of his head. I also saw that second take down lol.

Great scrap. Truly the best WW fight since Usman/Covington 1. This could be a big year for UFC. I hope they can make some of those big fights a la Jon/Stipe. Tui/Aspinal. Figgy/Somebody. Aljo/TJ. Aldo/Somebody. Volk/Max 3. Pena/Nunes 2. Yawner McGregor.
My most hyped fight outside of those is the winner of Oliveria/Justin to fight Islam hopefully by the end of the year

Dana needs to chill and let Islam finish out the year with a title shot

Then I also hope Izzy gets this defense over with with Cannonnier on the same card as Pereira v Strickland... to set up Izzy vs Pereira in early 2023

Hoping Pereira keeps his end of the deal and wins so we can get that one, there's no other MW fight I want to see more than that

It's crazy. Not geeked for MW right now. It's crazy, MW and LHW used to be two of my favorite divisions. But those divisions have definitely declined a lil.

FW, BW and HW definitely been on the come up. LW and WW been legit.

It's crazy. Not geeked for MW right now. It's crazy, MW and LHW used to be two of my favorite divisions. But those divisions have definitely declined a lil.

FW, BW and HW definitely been on the come up. LW and WW been legit.
I feel that. Yeah MW has been cleaned out for the most part. Credit to Izzy for doing the work, I don't want to characterize it as on the decline, Izzy just showing he's a level above

Maybe he tries again for 205

When or if Jiri gets the belt I think it'll open things up for the next wave of LHW's. They just need to stop fighting safe :lol: Rakic and Ankalaev are beasts but they been curbing their own stock by fighting the way they have. If they let their striking go I don't think we'd look at the division as on the decline... but they not doing anything recently so I get the sentiment

I felt the division was "better" after Anderson lost the title to Weidman. We had Romero, Hall, Rockhold, Weidman, Bisping, Bobby Knuckles, etc.

I Googled the division back in 2016. Just seemed more lit and more stars. Same with LHW:

Middleweight​

1. Champion Michael Bisping
  2. 1 Luke Rockhold
  3. 2 Chris Weidman
  4. 3 Ronaldo Souza
  5. 4 Yoel Romero
  6. 5 Vitor Belfort
  7. 6 Anderson Silva
  8. 7 Robert Whittaker
  9. 8 Gegard Mousasi
  10. 9 Uriah Hall
  11. 10 Derek Brunson
  12. 11 Thales Leites
  13. 12 Dan Henderson
  14. 13 Tim Kennedy
  15. 14 Rafael Natal
  16. 15 Thiago Santos
Prime Rockhold, Weidman, Romero...I give the edge over Izzy (Today's Hot Take lol).

I felt the division was "better" after Anderson lost the title to Weidman. We had Romero, Hall, Rockhold, Weidman, Bisping, Bobby Knuckles, etc.

I Googled the division back in 2016. Just seemed more lit and more stars. Same with LHW:

Middleweight​

1. Champion Michael Bisping
  2. 1 Luke Rockhold
  3. 2 Chris Weidman
  4. 3 Ronaldo Souza
  5. 4 Yoel Romero
  6. 5 Vitor Belfort
  7. 6 Anderson Silva
  8. 7 Robert Whittaker
  9. 8 Gegard Mousasi
  10. 9 Uriah Hall
  11. 10 Derek Brunson
  12. 11 Thales Leites
  13. 12 Dan Henderson
  14. 13 Tim Kennedy
  15. 14 Rafael Natal
  16. 15 Thiago Santos
Prime Rockhold, Weidman, Romero...I give the edge over Izzy (Today's Hot Take lol).
Yeah that was probably the best time it's ever been in the UFC for MW

So anything other era compared to that would be worse I guess lol

I feel the same about LHW.

When Jon came back a few years ago and beat Gus the second time, I was like whatever. Not saying there aren't good contenders but I pine for the days of DC, Gus, Jon, Rumble, Glover.

Previous LHW Rankings July 2016:

Light Heavyweight​

1. Champion Daniel Cormier
  2. 1 Jon Jones (Interim Champion)
  3. 2 Anthony Johnson
  4. 3 Glover Teixeira
  5. 4 Alexander Gustafsson
  6. 5 Ryan Bader
  7. 6 Ovince Saint Preux
  8. 7 Mauricio Rua
  9. 8 Rashad Evans
  10. 9 Jimi Manuwa
  11. 10 Rogerio Nogueira
  12. 11 Nikita Krylov
  13. 12 Corey Anderson
  14. 13 Ilir Latifi
  15. 14 Patrick Cummins
  16. 15 Gian Villante

Current Rankings:

Glover Teixeira

1 Jan Blachowicz
2 Jiri Prochazka
3 Aleksandar Rakic
4 Magomed Ankalaev
5 Anthony Smith
6 Thiago Santos
7 Dominick Reyes
8 Paul Craig
9 Volkan Oezdemir
10 Jamahal Hill
11Nikita Krylov
12Johnny Walker
13 Ryan Spann
14 Jimmy Crute
15 Dustin Jacoby

AJ McKee confirms with Ariel that he has 3 fights left on his contract. Pitbull rematch will be the first

Fight out your contract and go to the UFC bro. Dana will pay he always does for free agents

If he also gets the 155 belt it could trigger another contract but McKee said there's negotiations to be had

There aren't many great money fights in Bellator for McKee. The only fight I want to see is Usman. I think that could be a very hard fight for AJ

AJ talkin that talk on Volk

Said he wants a UFC belt or two and it's inevitable

He also said Holloway is his dream match

Oh mannnnnnnnnn

Oh woowwwwww, Aljo just called out Big John... something serious... hahahahhhahha

I love it

"Be quiet and let the big boys do what they do at high level, something you could never do"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom