The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Even if it was about the donation. Still cant have your wife trying to DM about it. Its just bad optics. There's other ways to get in touch with duke.

I think, mentally, Conor has to do the antics to get his mind right for the fight. Being so far from the game, laying in the silk sheets has changed his humor and antics. The things he said in the lead up to this and the Khabib fight were not humorous, sharp, etc. They all bordered on mean, petty.

Listening to the SevereMMA podcast. I loved the criticism of the UFC broadcast team. It truly is horrible. The combination of JRE and DC gotta go. And the horrible narrative s JRE injects into the broadcast takes away from the experience.

And Dustin is definitely the best LW of this era. He’s beaten a who’s who besides Tony and Khabib. Justin has losses to Khabib, Dustin and Eddie.

I agree. The only “knock” is he lost to Khabib.

But we can’t understate how dominating a force Khabib was. I wish he would’ve went for 30-0 and beaten the LW title defense record.

It’s like DC. He is definitely the second best LHW fighter of all time. He just happened to fight during the JBJ era.

Big John and Thomson say the Sugar fight shouldn't have been stopped

Surprised me since a lot of other names agree with the stoppage. Big John tends to agree with refs more often than not as well

Cody told Thomson that he would fight Sugar, I guess they were watching the card together

1 Khabib
2 Porier
3 BJ

You’re listening to Weighing in. I’m bumping SevereMMA. Both are good for analysis. I DO think McCarthy thinks he’s a know it all when he’s not.

I think, mentally, Conor has to do the antics to get his mind right for the fight. Being so far from the game, laying in the silk sheets has changed his humor and antics. The things he said in the lead up to this and the Khabib fight were not humorous, sharp, etc. They all bordered on mean, petty.
his biggest edge always been his mental warfare - just look at the first win over Dustin and also the aldo and alvarez fights. He tried to bring it back for this one but Dustin wasn’t having any of it :lol:

skillwise, I don’t think he’s even fallen off that much from his peak days. He was looking pretty sharp in the beginning of the fight. I think it’s more of a case of everyone getting better while he stayed the same. Dustin also probably had a good 15lbs on Conor during the fight so he ain scared of that left anymore.

his biggest edge always been his mental warfare - just look at the first win over Dustin and also the aldo and alvarez fights. He tried to bring it back for this one but Dustin wasn’t having any of it :lol:

skillwise, I don’t think he’s even fallen off that much from his peak days. He was looking pretty sharp in the beginning of the fight. I think it’s more of a case of everyone getting better while he stayed the same. Dustin also probably had a good 15lbs on Conor during the fight so he ain scared of that left anymore.
Perhaps a tie between his biggest edge: metal warfare and size advantage at 145

The sport wasn't ready for that type of trash talk and promotion, it rattled everyone in different weight classes :lol: in hindsight it is clear his mental warfare had really done some opponents in

But also his size compared to these other small 145'ers, I mean to be able to make that weight for that frame... to be fair to Conor, he himself said that the 145 div was too small for him and called them all midgets. He knew what he was doing by cutting down there

But also his size compared to these other small 145'ers, I mean to be able to make that weight for that frame... to be fair to Conor, he himself said that the 145 div was too small for him and called them all midgets. He knew what he was doing by cutting down there

Perfectly said. At 145 he was the bigger fighter and was dominant because of his length and power. Moving up to 155, he’s no longer the bigger guy so his power hasn’t come with him and hasn’t improved the other facets in his game to be a legit contender in that division.

But what about Dustin, who also fought at 145?

I do agree that the game past him by due to the lack of cage and gym activity.

I think your last statement kind of answers the first part. Quite frankly Dustin has just been more active than Connor and put in that time to improve and hone his craft at 155. Connor is who he is and at this stage I don’t know how he doesnt realize that bread and butter that worked in the first part of his career, hasn’t been his bread and butter for awhile now. That’s why we keep seeing the results we do from him.

I mean Even khabib admitted that choke was tight. Imagine if dustin were able to submit khabib :wow:

dustin gonna win the belt at the end of the year and will defend it against Conor. Watch! This circus aint done yet

Conor gotta win at least 2-3 fights before he gets a title shot.
You’re generous. He hasn’t won a fight in the division in five years.

Folks in the thread said he was gifted his #5 ranking and title shot fight. Crazy, Leon Edwards minus the eye poke stoppage has won nine straight fights. Up until recently, the LW division was the deepest one in the UFC (Bantamweight owns that distinction now). Conor thinking. Oy, I bead dat Porier fella. Led me ged im Dana.

Not knowing a diamond forms under pressure.

Conor has been fighting the top of the top though. I’m not necessarily mad at the ranking…just the fact that he keeps getting top opponents(more chances).

Fighting at the top of the top and not winning means?

While Leon Edwards had eight wins in a row in 2019 and couldn’t sniff a title shot. Rankings mean nothing.

Fighting at the top of the top and not winning means?

While Leon Edwards had eight wins in a row in 2019 and couldn’t sniff a title shot. Rankings mean nothing.
Edwards couldn’t sniff a title shot bc he refused to fight in the pandemic. Other fighters had to quarantine for months/miss their family to keep the show going. I don’t feel sorry for that guy.

What’s the issue now?

He’s fought twice this year. Colby hasn’t fought since…?

Top of WW is a joke. Most of the top five opted to sit out post pandemic. Masvidal literally got gifted a rematch after Burns lost. Diaz was postured to get a title shot if he beat Edwards.

The point of contact of the broken foot happened at Dustin's elbow (0:02 mark). You can see that part of Conor's leg was already wobbling/loose right after (0:20 mark).

Yeah garbage is NT extremes.
Yeah extreme ... lets call him iight... or slightly above avg. Anything but elite, great fighter or anything that places him in the top tier of UFC fighters ....

What elite fighter has he beat?? Ferguson???

Well, now it’s contingent on his pursuit of the championship. He’ll probably have one defense if he beats Charles prior to McGregor coming back.

Speaking of which. Conor is conscious and posting videos on IG after his three hour surgery.

He really should change up the team. Change up the horrible antics. Apologize to Dustin’s wife.

Back
Top Bottom